• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I am sure I saw on reddit a guy that reached 310 light, surely more people are at 310 light and not one came forward and said "hey I got a 320 exotic."

For the 310 all I had to do was being 300 light and exotics started decrypting at 310, unless this needs to be actively implemented by a patch of course.

Wait for it to be 311+

Zocano

I am sure I saw on reddit a guy that reached 310 light, surely more people are at 310 light and not one came forward and said "hey I got a 320 exotic."

For the 310 all I had to do was being 300 light and exotics started decrypting at 310, unless this needs to be actively implemented by a patch of course.

There's a 1000% that if they can decrypt into 320, it would require a patch or flip switch.

neoism

so guys if you're over 300 what is the chance of exotics rolling 310 is it 100% or less because I might waste 19 coins on the chest for infusion

What if they only decript to 330? Previous max in the armory was 310 and they decripted at 290 with a chance to go to 310 if we're 300 and above. Maybe they only start decripting to 330 once we get to 320, and between 300 and 320 we remain with the chance for 310.

It would suck, but unfortunately I can see them do it...

k1t4j

Wait for it to be 311+

There's a 1000% that if they can decrypt into 320, it would require a patch or flip switch.

True, true we will have to wait and see, honestly I quite like having exotics decrypting higher I would never be 308 without them.

In 4 raids I saw the pulse rifle 4 times, a 304 ghost and 309 boots.

I hope hard mode is not too overwhelming and I can get at least as far as sisters

Deku Tree

Exotic primary weapons are the worst offenders when it comes to infusion.

they can gain as little as 4 light from higher light items

tested a few today:

296 red death infused with 303 raid hc = 300 red death
292 ntte infused with 310 hawkmoon = 303 ntte
304 tlaloc infused with 310 zhallo = 308 tlaloc

my experience has been than exotics infused over 300 lose a lot more light

Weird.

I've heard these stories before.

Personally I've never had an infusion that didn't closely follow the rules. Other than confusion about rounding up or down.

KxoZz

Can't decide whether to avoid HM spoilers and go in blind tomorrow morning or to read up on whats new once I get back from work to make my run less painful...

Not expecting anything huge like another encounter, since that doens't fall under the definition of a 'hardmode'. Higher level enemies, shorter enrage timers and no revives are a given, maybe they'll throw in some taken captains, or just generally higher ranked Taken (minotaurs, hydras, wizards, colossi). Hmm... we'll see.
Hoping I won't have too much trouble with my 309 lock...

k1t4j

Dam, I got lucky with a chest engram, a 310 Void Fang vestments with Int/Disc, Pulse Rifle ammo and Void Armor.

Popped a 3oC in daily and had an exotic chest drop. Of course it became Alpha Lupi for my Titan, which I needed.

Glad I can get off light with Xur this week. Just another 3pC pack now.

HigXx

Just got a 304 Ghost from Nightfall, not bad at all!

Still havent even attempted to raid yet and Im light level 298

Lnkn52

Happy birthday!
TY! I expect a HM completion from you today and no less.
happy birthday lnkn! Have a great day

it is also irawr's birthday today :)
TY Ruthless, I want a spacesuit too!

happy Xurthday Lnkn and rawr!!! :)

TY!!!!

xbox-360-red-ring-of-death-free-fix.jpg

RIP

I feel so old.

Happy Bday Lnkn!

Be ready for 300 ghosts from your NM drop lol.
All I want for my Bday is a HM clear, DO IT DEKU

Oh Snap!

Happy Birthday lnkn :)
Snap it is! TY!

Happy Birthday Lnkn!!

TY kind sir.

Going into HM KF like:

hotline-bling-gif-2.gif

And happy birthday Lnkn!
TY and I'll pay 400 silver for that.

Hello DGAF and Happy Bday lnkn :)

I'm ready for some Halo action today and HM tomorrow.
Dismantle Oryx, yeeees?
TY, should I expect my red bull in the mail today?

TY you all for the bday wishes. I'm wearing my bday suit today...

Finally home after being away for work for the week. Going to be a busy weekend on Destiny, normally I have the usual weekly stuff outside of raids done by the weekend.

Away again next week so not sure if I want to commit too much time to trying the Hard Mode raid this weekend or maybe just leave it until I am back on normal schedule.

Frenden

Banned
I was fully prepared to get hosed, but three of my four chest engrams on my 'lock were unique, not Lupi, and things I needed (Alchemist and Y2 versions of Vestments and Starfire).

Everything went better than expected.

Sullichin

I was fully prepared to get hosed, but three of my four chest engrams on my 'lock were unique, not Lupi, and things I needed (Alchemist and Y2 versions of Vestments and Starfire).

Everything went better than expected.
Oh shit Voidfang Vestments are back too?

Raid crew hype! Kick some butt today DGAF. I'll be watching Unstable's steam and anxiously waiting for work to end so I can run HM with my gang tonight. Let's get this done!

Edit: Happy Bday Lnkn!

Edit 2: You people and your perfectly rolled armor and grasps...Salt! Salt for everyone!

Ozone

Happy birthday Lnkn!

I decided "Eh, I have plenty of Strange Coins. Why not?" and bought a chest engram.

310 Alpha Lupi with perks for the subclass and weapons I use. I'll take it!

k1t4j

I have a charged agonarch rune and I am not afraid to use it, anyone wants to tag a long and charge theirs?

Just used a 310 exotic to upgrade a 305 exotic and it ended up 309....

I'm sure I've got the full amount for that kind of upgrade before. Oh well.

Deku Tree

That's as expected though based on Bungies rules. The minimum step for infusing an exotic is 4. You need at least a 306 exotic with a 310 to get to 310.

Infusing a 304 legendary with a 310 should get you to 310 though.

Depends how leveled the 310 was before infusing. From my experience if the upgrade bubbles are filled up I got more light when infusing.

LiK

That's as expected though based on Bungies rules. The minimum step for infusing an exotic is 4. You need at least. 306 exotic with a 310 to get to 310.

I read about this as well.

That's as expected though based on Bungies rules. The minimum step for infusing an exotic is 4. You need at least a 306 exotic with a 310 to get to 310.

Boo.

Depends how leveled the 310 was before infusing. From my experience if the upgrade bubbles are filled up I got more light when infusing.

It was fully levelled. I always make sure before infusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom