• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyMike

Happy Hard Mode hunting everyone! I'll probably sneak in to see some reactions but I wouldn't mind some spoilers for any new fun surprises.

We're giving it a go tonight and I'm hopeful of a run up to at least Oryx.

So is everyone panic infusing their 310 exotics to get everything as close to 310 as possible? I'm debating it but is going from 305 to 306 or 306 to 307 even going to matter?

I will be trying my luck for a 310 chest from Xur... if I infuse it in my chest it should bring me at 307-308.

radiohead1

Neo Member
I know that this is a really "1%" type of complaint, but I am super annoyed at how hard it is to get a 300+ ghost shell. I've done the raid 6 times and all the nightfalls this week, and still don't have a ghost shell over 292. I'm sitting at 306 with my titan and will have a hard time moving up without a decent ghost shell! I'm jealous every time I read people complain about getting a low light shell out of the raid.

Hopefully one will drop early during HM to give me a little boost!

lt519

I will be trying my luck for a 310 chest from Xur... if I infuse it in my chest it should bring me at 307-308.

Ready to rock this tonight?

I can run my Titan at 306 and hope for a 310 armor to infuse to get me to 307 or I can run my Hunter at 305 and/or infuse my 310 Titan helm to get my hunter to 306. I'm not positive the extra level is going to help and may just wait to see if we are in a jam before dumping resources.

What class you bringing?

X-Frame

So I'm guessing Xûr can just sell anything in the database at any given time. Part of me thinks Bungie set Dire Skull on purpose though, and by extension will set every non-blue print exotic piece.

With this new info, every single Xûr day can bring something new (or time gated, lol). The real weird part is that once you buy Dire Skull it doesn't unlock in the BP. Maybe it will in a patch, but for now, lock it and use Glass Needles to get a good roll.

All in all we before today we were missing 27 exotic armor pieces in year 2 that are in the database.

27, that's insane. And this is over 1 month now where the first non-blueprint armor was available to everyone. Are they planning on drip-feeding the other 27 over the next year? I would be upset if so. Hopefully all the rest are available at least by December.

I'm jealous of all the excitement for the HM raid. I still haven't done the normal one. I'm too self conscious about my 294 light level. :(

lt519

I wasn't a member when HM Crota released. I was lurking in the thread at the time. It was soul crushing.

We struggled for 3-4 hours on Crota that night, but came back the next day and produced one of my all time favorite gifts courtesy of EroticSushi. We struggled and struggled and when we finally had Crota enraged our sword bearer died. Then comes our titan to save the day out of literally nowhere while everyone else was dying on the glass ledge from thralls. It was a frustrating opening day to HM but the result was so exhilirating, I was on a high for a couple days. I'm sure Xplicit and Sushi remember this one. If you actually watch closely the Titan that saves the day gets killed by the boomers as he's making the final swing, it was epic.

FewNarrowIrishdraughthorse.gif

Edit: we were so naive running titan bubble all the way up on the edge and not having the hunter blink strike, sigh

Strider

I'm jealous of all the excitement for the HM raid. I still haven't done the normal one. I'm too self conscious about my 294 light level. :(

Don't be. 294 is plenty... Plus one time through the raid andthat 294 will jump to something higher unless you get really unlucky.

How often do you guys use the cheese spot on the Warsat strike? C'mon, y'all can tell me. I won't judge.

Done it twice, usually on the taken version as I hate the captains that throw the blinding power.
Only done it in heroic version and never the lvl36 standard.

You'll be fine for the normal raid, don't worry.

I have to support GAF and watch Unstable!

If the other lab professor has brought his laptop we may or may not end up watching a KF HM stream. If Unstable&Co start when it unlocks it will be his for sure.

E92 M3

We struggled for 3-4 hours on Crota that night, but came back the next day and produced one of my all time favorite gifts courtesy of EroticSishi. We struggled and struggled and when we finally had Crota enraged our sword bearer died. Then comes our titan to save the day out of literally nowhere while everyone else was dying on the glass ledge from thralls. It was a frustrating opening day to HM but the result was so exhilirating, I was on a high for a couple days. I'm sure Xplicit and Sushi remember this one.

Edit: we were so naive running titan bubble all the way up on the edge and not having the hunter blink strike, sigh

The high of beating HM crota was like no other. Fantastic feeling.

WipedOut

We struggled for 3-4 hours on Crota that night, but came back the next day and produced one of my all time favorite gifts courtesy of EroticSishi. We struggled and struggled and when we finally had Crota enraged our sword bearer died. Then comes our titan to save the day out of literally nowhere while everyone else was dying on the glass ledge from thralls. It was a frustrating opening day to HM but the result was so exhilirating, I was on a high for a couple days. I'm sure Xplicit and Sushi remember this one.

RIP Gjallarhorn.

MikeyMike

Ready to rock this tonight?

I can run my Titan at 306 and hope for a 310 armor to infuse to get me to 307 or I can run my Hunter at 305 and/or infuse my 310 Titan helm to get my hunter to 306. I'm not positive the extra level is going to help and may just wait to see if we are in a jam before dumping resources.

What class you bringing?

Probably Hunter... has Sniper perks on all my gear and maxed Int/Str.

I can bring Titan if necessary... perks on my raid gear sucks tho (unless I get gud with hand cannons and shotguns).

Kyne

That's a fine level to do the normal mode. Don't beat yourself.

On that note, this weekend I'm running a newbie KF raid. It's with all IRL friends so I'm thinking it'll be a taste of what it's like.. we'll see how it goes.

If all goes well I can see it becoming a thing so that I can help people out here on GAF.

t0rment

man getting a 300 piece is fucking awful. the raid is good but i'm not gonna be wasting 2 hours just to have no progression.

knavish

That's a fine level to do the normal mode. Don't beat yourself.

On that note, this weekend I'm running a newbie KF raid. It's with all IRL friends so I'm thinking it'll be a taste of what it's like.. we'll see how it goes.

If all goes well I can see it becoming a thing so that I can help people out here on GAF.

Hey man thats a great idea. I'd very much like to be involved in that please.

PSN is Vix79

Cheers

stay gold

Talk to me. Do you use it pre super and then switch? Or do you use it all the time? What subclass do you use with it? Also, what perks? Range? Stability?

I use it pre-super as im too lazy to switch, it's a good enough gun on it's own but when the perk kicks in it's immediately noticeable. I use it with Sunsinger, max discipline and armour perks to charge grenade faster to make up for the lack of super, stability perks on the gun.

LTWood12

We struggled for 3-4 hours on Crota that night, but came back the next day and produced one of my all time favorite gifts courtesy of EroticSushi. We struggled and struggled and when we finally had Crota enraged our sword bearer died. Then comes our titan to save the day out of literally nowhere while everyone else was dying on the glass ledge from thralls. It was a frustrating opening day to HM but the result was so exhilirating, I was on a high for a couple days. I'm sure Xplicit and Sushi remember this one. If you actually watch closely the Titan that saves the day gets killed by the boomers as he's making the final swing, it was epic.

So fucking rad.

The high of beating HM crota was like no other. Fantastic feeling.

It really was. Hard to explain to those that weren't around at the time.

So cool.
But those rewards, i salute you poor poor people :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom