• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

I remember sushi broke the encounter this one time when he somehow made it outside the room just as the shields went up upon activating the crystal. No enemies spawned. It was just us six and Crota.

Mupod

Talk to me. Do you use it pre super? Or do you use it all the time? What subclass do you use with it? Also, what perks? Range? Stability?

I say disregard range as it's very unlikely you'll be engaging anybody that far away in PVP. Extreme range does have its uses in PVE, but for example you get almost full damage on Golgoroth adds coming out of their spawn on the complete other end of the room with the lowest range possible on Tlaloc. It shoots very fast and is very stable but being more stable can't hurt.

The minmaxer in me likes combining it with Alchemist Raiment and max Disc/Strength. You can throw a LOT of grenades like this (Tlaloc regens grenades too).

In PVP I do typically use Nirwen's or something and then swap over. If I wanted to be a real jerk I'd have a full int set and switch to disc/str when my super was full. Maybe Juju would be a good 'pre-Tlaloc charge' gun. Honestly it's not terrible uncharged, just nothing special. But when it's charged it's pretty mean.

I use Sunsinger with it as that's kind of what it's made for. I use the perk that generates orbs on scorch kills - that way you can at least give back a little when sitting on your super in a team, and with Alchemist Raiment in a raid situation you can scorch a lot of shit.

It might be nice with Voidwalker as well, if you're hanging on to nova bomb as a counter for Sunbreakers.

Pretty sure my controllers are now broken dealing with crota HM...

I heard you were born on the best day ever. Happy Bday!

clack clack clack clack

Happy birthday guys!

I'm still a bit disappointed I didn't have a hunter at the time of HM Crota and had to depend on the kindness of others for clears. I really enjoyed running sword but doing HM on a Warlock was never a consistent enough option.

Don't be. 294 is plenty... Plus one time through the raid andthat 294 will jump to something higher unless you get really unlucky.

Alright, these responses give me hope. when I look at the Destiny lfg ps4 community its always like 300+ people, so I thought that was kind of the unwritten minimum level

Lee

TDB was just incredible disappointing for those that gave it even more of a chance than I did it seems. I dropped it before even doing the normal raid :/

TDB is by far the worst DLC I have ever bought.

If I didn't main a hunter, I would not have enjoyed TDB at all. With that said, it was nice being incredibly valuable for all parts of that raid. I killed Crota like 70 times, and met a lot of people through helping groups out on LFG.

TDB sucked though. Dismantling good legendaries because everything pointed to them being obsolete? That sucked. Crucible maps? Hated 'em. Eris grind? Sucked. TDB exotics? Mostly shit.

Dark days, indeed.

Strider

Alright, these responses give me hope. when I look at the Destiny lfg ps4 community its always like 300+ people, so I thought that was kind of the unwritten minimum level

LFG is a fucking joke.

Just look out for gaf newbie groups when they form. 294 will get you in no problem.

lt519

clack clack clack clack

Happy birthday guys!

I'm still a bit disappointed I didn't have a hunter at the time of HM Crota and had to depend on the kindness of others for clears. I really enjoyed running sword but doing HM on a Warlock was never a consistent enough option.

Hey nice raid last night! I think we stupidly wiped at the Warpriest then went no wipe the rest of the way (rarbusto)

That was one of the biggest flaws of Crota. It was really just 5 people watching one person do all the work while the other 5 fired rockets. Hunters were optimal since they could blink strike so if you had another class it was unlikely you would ever run sword.

We did a second raid last night that was basically all of us using alts. I used a half leveled Warlock subclass that didn't even have Lift and was at light level 295. It's totally fine. You probably don't want an entire team under 295, it'll likely end in frustration. But if you have a few it's no more than a blip on the radar.

I say disregard range as it's very unlikely you'll be engaging anybody that far away in PVP. Extreme range does have its uses in PVE, but for example you get almost full damage on Golgoroth adds coming out of their spawn on the complete other end of the room with the lowest range possible on Tlaloc. It shoots very fast and is very stable but being more stable can't hurt.

The minmaxer in me likes combining it with Alchemist Raiment and max Disc/Strength. You can throw a LOT of grenades like this (Tlaloc regens grenades too).

In PVP I do typically use Nirwen's or something and then swap over. If I wanted to be a real jerk I'd have a full int set and switch to disc/str when my super was full. Maybe Juju would be a good 'pre-Tlaloc charge' gun. Honestly it's not terrible uncharged, just nothing special. But when it's charged it's pretty mean.

I use Sunsinger with it as that's kind of what it's made for. I use the perk that generates orbs on scorch kills - that way you can at least give back a little when sitting on your super in a team, and with Alchemist Raiment in a raid situation you can scorch a lot of shit.

It might be nice with Voidwalker as well, if you're hanging on to nova bomb as a counter for Sunbreakers.

Thanks for the full breakdown and write up! I am keep bouncing around in PvP when it comes to weapons. Some days I am a beast with my Hawksaw. Other days the Nirwen's is working for me. The Tlaloc is the same way for me. Sometimes I'm awesome with it. Other times I am not.

Did raid last night and had to stop at sisters due to bugs.

Me being only person who could see the health of the sisters.

Platforms' not appearing especially under the orb.

Standing on platform with orb but unable to pick it up.

And the usual lag and disconnected players.

lt519

Thanks for the full breakdown and write up! I am keep bouncing around in PvP when it comes to weapons. Some days I am a beast with my Hawksaw. Other days the Nirwen's is working for me. The Tlaloc is the same way for me. Sometimes I'm awesome with it. Other times I am not.

I guess the only caveat is the whole discussion that increased range also increases your aim assist. So take that for what it's worth?

E92 M3

478.jpg

Just some love for the best AR in Destiny ever.

Strider

I don't have them, yet I did everything thing KF with double jump on my hunter. Triple jump is a luxury tbqh

I mean double jump isn't that difficult or anything but Bones let you skip right by a lot of the platforms especially in the piston puzzle. I like getting through it quickly.

Lnkn52

clack clack clack clack

Happy birthday guys!

TY Science Guy :)
Shit, we have the same birthday? That cant be good!

Happy birthday bro.

saaaaayyyyy whhhhaattttt. The 23rd of October is best day on GAF confirmed. Happy Bday!

Dave_6

Happy Birthday Rawr! Didn't realize it was yours too when I said something to Lnkn earlier.

I'm not too excited right now for the launch of the HM KF. My demeanor really won't let me be excited for anything right now though. :/ I still am looking forward to my first attempt at it with my awesome raid crew. Still haven't taken either of my alts through the normal one though.

Afrocious

I'll also be steaming with Unstable and Nami. I'm mainly doing it for my friends though, so feel free to give me a view or two.

We should probably compile a list of all the GAF teams and streamers

Lee

TDB Exotics:

ATS/8 ARACHNID - Shit
The Glasshouse - Idk
Obsidian Mind - Pretty fun
Starfire Protocol - Idk
Don't Touch Me - Useful sometimes
Ruin Wings - Good but broken (still broken?)
Claws of Ahamkara - Idk
Radiant Dance Machines - Shit
Mk. 44 Stand Asides - Shit
No Land Beyond - Perfect in every way
Dragons Breath - Shit
Nechrochasm - Shit
The 4th Horseman - Xbox user, but I have one now and it's pretty fun!

So maybe 5 good exotics?

Hey nice raid last night! I think we stupidly wiped at the Warpriest then went no wipe the rest of the way (rarbusto)

Yes! Funny that the only thing that prevented a completely clean run was a slightly misplaced Titan bubble. I would've like to have joined you on your second run but it was getting a tad late for me.

Strider

Joined a clash match just for the marks really quick. Game was soooo laggy. Couldn't pick up secial ammo, players warping, etc.

I had a few kills and a couple deaths but the end screen said I had 0 of both rofl First time that's happened.

I am so ready to play a multiplayer game with dedis

It was a 33 level raid with everyone at 32 (with no way of getting to 33 until the next expansion) and the only way to heal being gear that infused orbs for health, suros, or red death. Most people weren't prepared for that healing part. Then Crota's DPS gate of his shield took 4 Gjallahorn rockets or 8 normal rockets. So on any given team you really wanted 1-2 Gjallahorns to have it even be viable while under-leveled. If you failed you had to wait to use a heavy synth to re-up the rockets. There was no other way to bring him down.

On top of that there were glitches where swords would disappear halfway through the fight, lag would cause Crota to be in different animations for the swordbearers. It was frustrating to have an extremely difficult fight, be artificially under leveled, and have it glitch on top of that. If Oryx glitches tonight people will lose their shit. If they can't beat him they'll just level up their gear to get to 320 to where they can eventually do it, with Crota that wasn't an option.

Man this brings back many bad memories, I remember on time we shot crota with rockets, got him to kneel then when the swordbearer approched him he suddenly leaped and smashed him

I'll also be steaming with Unstable and Nami. I'm mainly doing it for my friends though, so feel free to give me a view or two.

We should probably compile a list of all the GAF teams and streamers

Kadey will most likely be streaming our team's attempt at 8pm EST. I might turn on my stream as well for another perspective. Maybe I'll try the YouTube streaming thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom