• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

This cant possibly be worse than Hard mode crota can it?

The DPS gating maybe due to light level for the first day. I just hope people don't explode when they can't beat a 320 Oryx at light level 303 then blame bad design.

Not worse than the sword glitching and lag problems though. Half the frustration with Crota HM was the glitchy mechanics. The Swordbearer hiding, the sword disappearing, Crota getting up from a kneel too fast.

I'm jealous of all the excitement for the HM raid. I still haven't done the normal one. I'm too self conscious about my 294 light level. :(
I did it yesterday for the first time blind at 295 with so-so weapons (Apple of Discord, Hereafter, Cholera Dragon SRT-49). Just jump in or ask for a group and you'll be shown the way.

Speaking of LFG, anyone want to do a NF?

We struggled for 3-4 hours on Crota that night, but came back the next day and produced one of my all time favorite gifts courtesy of EroticSushi. We struggled and struggled and when we finally had Crota enraged our sword bearer died. Then comes our titan to save the day out of literally nowhere while everyone else was dying on the glass ledge from thralls. It was a frustrating opening day to HM but the result was so exhilirating, I was on a high for a couple days. I'm sure Xplicit and Sushi remember this one. If you actually watch closely the Titan that saves the day gets killed by the boomers as he's making the final swing, it was epic.

Edit: we were so naive running titan bubble all the way up on the edge and not having the hunter blink strike, sigh
That was an awesome night. Here's to hoping HM KF's isn't as big of a pain in the ass.

leo-toast-9.w529.h352.gif

E92 M3

Our biggest hope is that Bungie have been testing it on Hard since inception of KF. It should not be anywhere near as cheap as Crota.

In theory, at least.

What's the best way to use 3oC now?

Just always have one popped so it gets used whenever you run into an ultra.

I also just jump in and kill the Gate Lord every once in a while between activities. Just go to orbit once he dies and the CP will be saved. Safer and doesn't require heavy like Draksis and a bit faster than Shrine of Oryx.

Our biggest hope is that Bungie have been testing it on Hard since inception of KF. It should not be anywhere near as cheap as Crota.

In theory, at least.

I would hope so with all their talk last night of HM being the original state of KF, which had elements removed to be the normal mode we have been experiencing.

Edit: Beaten like Eris in a Hive puzzle maze

So the Skull is a Y2 exotic version that's not in the blueprints?

Don't have enough coins to buy it, so eh. Haven't played at all this week, except to get No Time To Explain.

Alright PS4 Hard mode:

Who needs one more?
Get back from work at noon EST. To party up and start at launch.

Have a 308 Warlock or a 307 Hunter with Nighthawk.

Let me know if I could join up.

purg3

slept with Malkin
What made HM Crota so cheap?

The way they handled the enemy lvl / damage scaling. Basically an artificial way of making the encounter more difficult. I don't think the no chalice portion was a problem. And yeah the glitches sucked.

E92 M3

They said that's exactly what they did, just removed mechanics for normal
I'm assuming the bugs, fuck that raid and the vanishing sword on turn 4 :(

I would hope so with all their talk last night of HM being the original state of KF, which had elements removed to be the normal mode we have been experiencing.

Edit: Beaten like Eris in a Hive puzzle maze

Bungie is known for saying one thing and doing another - have to be cautious haha.

Namikaze1

If the other lab professor has brought his laptop we may or may not end up watching a KF HM stream. If Unstable&Co start when it unlocks it will be his for sure.
Yeah, we will be starting at launch. We may check the Tower first though to see if any new missions pops up like the rest of Old Hunger quest (no one has gotten the shader yet) .

lt519

It was a 33 level raid with everyone at 32 (with no way of getting to 33 until the next expansion) and the only way to heal being gear that infused orbs for health, suros, or red death. Most people weren't prepared for that healing part. Then Crota's DPS gate of his shield took 4 Gjallahorn rockets or 8 normal rockets. So on any given team you really wanted 1-2 Gjallahorns to have it even be viable while under-leveled. If you failed you had to wait to use a heavy synth to re-up the rockets. There was no other way to bring him down.

On top of that there were glitches where swords would disappear halfway through the fight, lag would cause Crota to be in different animations for the swordbearers. It was frustrating to have an extremely difficult fight, be artificially under leveled, and have it glitch on top of that. If Oryx glitches tonight people will lose their shit. If they can't beat him they'll just level up their gear to get to 320 to where they can eventually do it, with Crota that wasn't an option.

noomi

They just made all the enemies a higher level than us. Oh... and they removed the healing relic from the Crota fight.

Many people were really upset around here during those times. Some quit the game, some left and came back. DGAF recovered though ;)

So is my best shot at getting the flayer cloaks just running the nightfall again and again?

Yessir! The nightfall is very easy this week, and the drops are increased. Did a bunch of run in the past two days and I have had multiple cloaks and tread upon starts drop for me and my fireteam.

Take advantage while you can!

spyder_ur

What is the logic behind running Nightfalls to get the cloaks? I thought they could drop from any version of the strike?

They just made all the enemies a higher level than us. Oh... and they removed the healing relic from the Crota fight.

Many people were really upset around here during those times. Some quit the game, some left and came back. DGAF recovered though ;)

Not to mention nothing they added was very much fun, plus the gear wasn't that great. That combination plus the glitchiness made it something not many people wanted to run regularly. I did it 2-3 times for the elemental primaries and never went back. The period of time after Hard Mode Crota was a dark one for the game. I'm a bit worried that we are headed to a similar place after this comes out, at least PvE wise (Trials will keep people coming back). I hope HM is a fun, challenging experience and that I'm wrong, though; I just think people's expectations are a bit inflated.

LiK

the difficulty wasn't that bad. it was a glitchfest. knights running into shielded room, disappearing swords, kneeling for a second, instant sword swings.

if Crota was behaving as intended, people would've finished it no problem.

so now the list in my head is:

nerf AA on snipers
slightly buff handcannons
nerf OVERALL shotgun range
slightly nerf sunbreaker armor (give it the same as bladedancer)
slightly nerf the time duration for supers on sunbreaker/stormcaller
ever-so-slightly buff auto rifles (still not viable with the pulse meta)

sorry, I can't think of anything that will make fusion rifles/sidearms viable.

Do you want people to just stop using snipers? They already got a very unnecessary nerf. Nerf AA and no one will use them.

Strider

TDB was just incredible disappointing for those that gave it even more of a chance than I did it seems. I dropped it before even doing the normal raid :/

TDB is by far the worst DLC I have ever bought.

Namikaze1

Level 33 enemies

Those goddamn yellow bar knights during the bridge part

No chalice

A gatekeeper below Crystal room just so that folks don't use that room to take cover from ogres (seriously, that was the only reason it was placed there)

Crota standing up too quickly or not even kneeling at all

Knights going through the walls upon activating the crystal

Sword disappearing

Crota following folks to Crystal Room and arena floor (its hilarious now but fuck him for that one time he came into the crystal room)

Just a shit ton of glitches in general

lt519

Told my fiance that tonight was a big gaming night. Then I did two raids last night and I'm driving down to NY for the Giants game Sunday, probably not the smartest idea (;

LTWood12

I've been watching Goth for about 3 minutes and I don't think I can't take the new sub music/animation every 10 seconds.

was always going to watch twitch.tv/unstablelive anyway

hitlerat

I only have one character (Warlock 305) and want to create another WL only for speed my progression...

Whats the best way to get my newborn WL to 40 (hes 25 now, with that power level item)?

We struggled for 3-4 hours on Crota that night, but came back the next day and produced one of my all time favorite gifts courtesy of EroticSushi. We struggled and struggled and when we finally had Crota enraged our sword bearer died. Then comes our titan to save the day out of literally nowhere while everyone else was dying on the glass ledge from thralls. It was a frustrating opening day to HM but the result was so exhilirating, I was on a high for a couple days. I'm sure Xplicit and Sushi remember this one. If you actually watch closely the Titan that saves the day gets killed by the boomers as he's making the final swing, it was epic.

FewNarrowIrishdraughthorse.gif

Edit: we were so naive running titan bubble all the way up on the edge and not having the hunter blink strike, sigh

Shards for everyone!

spyder_ur

I've been watching Goth for about 3 minutes and I don't think I can't take the new sub music/animation every 10 seconds.

was always going to watch twitch.tv/unstablelive anyway

Ha, I just turned it off for that very reason - will be unwatchable during the HM stream.

so now the list in my head is:

nerf AA on snipers
slightly buff handcannons
nerf OVERALL shotgun range
slightly nerf sunbreaker armor (give it the same as bladedancer)
slightly nerf the time duration for supers on sunbreaker/stormcaller
ever-so-slightly buff auto rifles (still not viable with the pulse meta)

sorry, I can't think of anything that will make fusion rifles/sidearms viable.

Add activation of Supers to the bottom left game feed. That way I know if there's a hammer bro or stormgirl active on the map and I know if it's on my team or not.

Afrocious

I only have one character (Warlock 305) and want to create another WL only for speed my progression...

Whats the best way to get my newborn WL to 40 (hes 25 now, with that power level item)?

With the Indusion system, I don't think it's worth having two characters of the same class anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom