• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sidenote, Nami you are still looking forward to The Division right? Do you know the other DGAF members who were thinking of getting the game for sure and should be in the beta this December?

deoee

What's weird is that it's the hard mode release that makes me not want to play. The thought of a raised level just makes me all... "oh, hey, when's fallout coming out again?"

I'm all about new items, I really do not care THAT much about my level after I hit 300.

Bogeypop

Sidenote, Nami you are still looking forward to The Division right? Do you know the other DGAF members who were thinking of getting the game for sure and should be in the beta this December?

Are you saying you have connections and are trying to get DGAF members into the beta?
Cos I'm interested in the game
;)

lt519

allow us to buy higher legendary gear and use more marks as a payoff.

150 marks = 290 gear.
200 marks = 300 gear.

Hell at this point just let us infuse marks+glimmer into gear at a rate of like 10 per light level so we can do it to drops as well. I'd spend 400 marks + 25000 glimmer to get my choice of 280 armor up to 320.

Ryuuga

Banned
Several will be going up.

From my group, Unstable, Afro, and I will be streaming. My stream won't go up for another 45-50 minutes. I'll be streaming on YouTube since a fellow gaffer has Twitch blocked at his job.

Yeah I'll be watching from work as well so I'll just wait for the links to drop in the thread.

Namikaze1

I'll try out the beta but I will most likely skip the game till it's cheaper since Dark Souls 3 and Uncharted 4 will be coming out the same month and I am a huge fan of both series.

Bogeypop

One hour until judgment is cast upon our souls, are you ready DGAF?

Pwbvrfq.gif

Tecnniqe

Banned
Halo 2 coop bugged out so bad, we had different play-sessions with different things happening and we both had to kill the boss alone (even when we cooped) and both watch the cut-scene independently for it to trigger a victory and send us on to the next mission.

Desync the game.

Quite funny actually, random restarts and checkpoints for no reason. Real hardmode right there.

Strider

Halo 2 coop bugged out so bad, we had different play-sessions with different things happening and we both had to kill the boss alone (even when we cooped) and both watch the cut-scene independently for it to trigger a victory and send us on to the next mission.

Desync the game.

Quite funny actually, random restarts and checkpoints for no reason. Real hardmode right there.

As far as online co-op goes I've never had a good experience in Halo. Whether in MCC or the original version of the games. Always laggy as hell. I hope Halo 5 plays smooth because I'm planning on playing through the story with a couple friends.

Hitting up Warzone first tho right when the game launches. That's probably al I'll do night of release.

Desync the game.

I can not believe it's still not fixed :(
At least driveclub and co got their shit together, even unity tried..

One hour until judgment is cast upon our souls, are you ready DGAF?

Pwbvrfq.gif

I'm already doing the raid thing of being on an hour before. This reminds me of back in the day when I was a raid leader in WoW, you'd get on about an hour before, confirm everyone who was coming, make sure you had enough flasks/pots/food to go around, do a little preheat chat...

...Those were the days.

Bogeypop

I'm already doing the raid thing of being on an hour before. This reminds me of back in the day when I was a raid leader in WoW, you'd get on about an hour before, confirm everyone who was coming, make sure you had enough flasks/pots/food to go around, do a little preheat chat...

...Those were the days.

I literally just sent my group a message on PSN as a roll call to see if anyone was missing. I'd definitely get on an hour early if we didn't have to download a patch for the Raid, at least I assume there will be one. Might get people in party chat 15 minutes before the Raid goes live to discuss mechanics speculation.

I heard you were born on the best day ever. Happy Bday!

Oh nice 2 birthdays today. Happy Bday Rawr!

clack clack clack clack

Happy birthday guys!

I'm still a bit disappointed I didn't have a hunter at the time of HM Crota and had to depend on the kindness of others for clears. I really enjoyed running sword but doing HM on a Warlock was never a consistent enough option.

Shit, we have the same birthday? That cant be good!

Happy birthday bro.

It's rawr's bday too? Happy b-day checkpointsaurus!

3 DGAF bdays on one day...same day as HM KF launch...nice :)

Happy Birthday Rawr! Didn't realize it was yours too when I said something to Lnkn earlier.

I'm not too excited right now for the launch of the HM KF. My demeanor really won't let me be excited for anything right now though. :/ I still am looking forward to my first attempt at it with my awesome raid crew. Still haven't taken either of my alts through the normal one though.

Happy Birthday RAWR!

Quite a few birthdays it appears. Happy bday to rawr, lnkn, and muscle! Go celebrate when you can.
Thanks :3 and happy birthday to you as well LnKn and mrmuscle as well. Hope it's a good day for you guys!

I literally just sent my group a message on PSN as a roll call to see if anyone was missing. I'd definitely get on an hour early if we didn't have to download a patch for the Raid, at least I assume there will be one. Might get people in party chat 15 minutes before the Raid goes live to discuss mechanics speculation.

Always not a bad idea. In this case, if HM was created first, you have to 'build upon' the current raid encounters and think about how an encounter was made easier. IE for the relic/door one, maybe there are more relics needed per each statue in hard mode? 3? 4? Possibly 3...

It'll be interesting anyway. Not to dawdle too much on speculation since we're 50 minutes away.

Rawr Happy Birthday, I don't see you on much anymore but you always have a place in my fireteam
and my heart.

I will 100% pick up the Division on PC.

:( Why not PS4 c'mon.

Are you saying you have connections and are trying to get DGAF members into the beta?
Cos I'm interested in the game
;)

When I signed up for the beta Ubi gave me the choice to add 3 email address of "friends" so they can get a code later in December. I put my email addresses in so I will have a few codes to share by December and I'm sure other people in DGAF will as well :eek:

*raises hand*

This is good, I need people to play with me so I can take the best gear without worry. . yeessss.

I'll try out the beta but I will most likely skip the game till it's cheaper since Dark Souls 3 and Uncharted 4 will be coming out the same month and I am a huge fan of both series.

C'mon you will platinum Uncharted within a weekend and Dark Soul 3 will just take one week to finish just like Bloodborne. :[

Oh yeah. Can't wait for that one.

I truly believe The Division will hold me over until Destiny 2 drops since we won't be getting anymore big expansions

MrDaravon

Bought 5 chest engrams on my Warlock, got one of the two chests I was missing, none of the 5 were over 290. I have the worst luck with 310 engrams :(. Only missing the Alchemist Raiment now.

Edit: Well crap didn't realize my wife was off all weekend, there goes any thought of me doing HM anyway lol. Will watch a GAF stream for sure though when it goes live.

Aw fuck that means I'm not going to get to play any of the SFV beta either. Goddamn it.

Rawr Happy Birthday, I don't see you on much anymore but you always have a place in my fireteam
and my heart.

:( Why not PS4 c'mon.

When I signed up for the beta Ubi gave me the choice to add 3 email address of "friends" so they can get a code later in December. I put my email addresses in so I will have a few codes to share by December and I'm sure other people in DGAF will as well :eek:
Happy bday RAWR! Have a good day!

Haha thanks and same goes to you :3 been busy so I am around sometimes. Def not as much as I used to be on.

lt519

What was everyone's favorite first raid experience? Not how it settled out, or how the loot dropped, or how hard mode was. Again not best raid, but funnest first time through experience.

King's Fall had some wow moments in magnitude and scope but there weren't any set pieces that made me feel like I was in an action movie or sci-fi epic. It was all very mechanical, probably the best mechanical raid, but the sense of exploration just wasn't there. It felt more just like a boss rush mode. Probably the best, and funniest, platforming though. Watching that first person get launched by that plunger was priceless.

Crota's End had the hysterical run for your life thrall pit and make a glorious last stand on the bridge. It made you feel like a team making a last ditch, hellbent, effort to charge into enemy territory and stop Crota from destroying the world. Probably the most action movie-esque raid in the game. But it kind of ended with a whimper, Crota didn't seem to wield the same power as Atheon or Oryx.

VoG had that sense of exploration, that you were traveling into the depths of an old tomb with everything trying to stop you from breaking in, to uncover some mystery. I think some of it was ruined for me since I was sherpa'd through.

Strider

Hope I'm wrong but I expect the Division to disappoint.

The potential for an incredible game is there but I'm not banking on Ubisoft delivering a good mmo experience.

Afrocious

Just did the Daily. Streaming at www.twitch.tv/yourboyafro

Goddamn that last fight got kinda hairy. My friend is saying the Daily version of Regicide is different than what it was last time.

Fucking Taken Captains and Phalanxes in the final phase of Oryx... Could this be intentional to show us a hint of what to expect from HM?

LiK

Hope I'm wrong but I expect the Division to disappoint.

The potential for an incredible game is there but I'm not banking on Ubisoft delivering a good mmo experience.

gonna be bad if it's online only. people are not gonna play the way they've been presenting it with those canned party chat dialogue.

Strider

What was everyone's favorite first raid experience? Not how it settled out, or how the loot dropped, or how hard mode was. Again not best raid, but funnest first time through experience.

VoG for sure.

Best raid in the game and went through it with a group of friends blind. Amazing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom