• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually can't kill these big bastards solo it's too tedious with infinite adds to shield them. Anyone got a spare 5 mins? Join on CollateralCat-

I hate having a job. Well no I don't as I have a family to provide for, but it gets in the way of fun things like today. I know this will be home when I am off work so it ain't that bug a deal. Anyhow, back to staring at a computer for another 3.5 hrs while sneaking in GAF time.

I'm right there with you buddy :)

I need to make that paper tho

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Somebody that I was playing with today told me that there are a total of 12 players at light level 310 in the world as of last week according to their friend who works at Bungie. I bet all twelve of them are running three of the same class like in the old VoG days.

Their friend working at Bungie or just looking up this. ;p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Having elemental primaries as an option doesn't limit your options for a loadout.

It provides more options.
it creates optimal loadouts. I know you guys understand this. I don't know why you would even bother to dispute it. Unless I missed some point where we're talking about adding elemental damage to a wide variety of weapons and not just the raid weapons. There's no reason not to use a legendary elemental primary of some kind if you have one and so far there have always been extremely clear choices for optimal loadouts as a result. You hurt your team if you weren't using one of them. Just say that you want that situation again, it's a perfectly valid position to hold even if I disagree. Just don't try and paint your position as somehow advocating for more variety.
Plus, right now I imagine if you looked at a majority of people's PVE loadouts it's going to contain Dead Orbit's Hung Jury. The lack of elements is not providing more variety.
I don't even own a Hung Jury. I use, on my own characters, and see on others lots of different primaries throughout all areas of the game, even if you personally stick to that one 100% of the time.

Now ask me if I think Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence contributed to "loadout variety."

hyp

posting for the new page. this group is for an Atheon kill to get the new exotic.

1. hypoetical
2. Mutenturtle
3. US-Frostburn
4. Goodacre0081

Zocano

Just finished reading the article.

Sounds about what everyone had surmised minus difficulty with their engine.

Wonderful stuff. Makes me super sad for what was missed and the rearranged content sounded super great. Sounds like there will be a Cabal raid later this year and that it will be in Charlemagne's vault. Also I would have loved to see Europa ):

Got the Atheon Checkpoint! Only played this raid a couple times so y'all are gonna have to carry me :) This is for an Atheon kill to get the new exotic.

1. hypoetical
2. shenze
3. optimus8936
4. dontbrickmebro

Please add your name here, and I'll add you to party on PSN. First come first served :)

psn Dontbrickmebro Hope you're not full already :(

Went through all of VoG without shattering the core. I'm such an idiot!

BahamutPT

Here it is!

E1TPQ7J.jpg

Warlock leg armor, titan and hunter chests [official release TBD] and maybe others that I don't remember now.

That's all folks.

The TTK exotics are super disappointing besides the swords and Zhalo (which is basically Bad Juju).

Bleh, that's dissapointing.

Really feels like they're running out of ideas since most exotics borrowed unique perks from older weapons.

How many weapons have a unique perk that return ammo to the clip now?

How many weapons have a unique perk that restores health now?

FeD.nL

That's my understanding. We might be able to do the rest tomorrow...or it could be weeks, like First Firewall for the Sleeper SImulant.

Yep, you need to wait at least until next daily reset.

I'm so glad I have bond that has very similar stats + 2 higher defence than DO bond. Kinda BS that they force you to join FWC and then donate them stuff so you can get into actual meat of questline.

Thanks!

On another note, a 290 ghost as reward for the NF.. -.-'

zewone

Somebody that I was playing with today told me that there are a total of 12 players at light level 310 in the world as of last week according to their friend who works at Bungie. I bet all twelve of them are running three of the same class like in the old VoG days.

Really the only hard part is getting a 310 ghost, feet, and class item.

Everything else can obtained from outside sources or be infused to 310.

exYle

If anyone has to do the entirety of the Not Forged in Light quest, can you stop and take photos of the quest description at each stage? The one that shows up in your quests log. At each stage there's a little tidbit of lore from Praedyth's Ghost. I've seen it reference seeing the actual Darkness in the flesh ("wearing a Fallen Captain like clothing") as well as what seems to be a reference to the Exo Stranger.

lt519

Going to do the daily for the ghosts if anyone has interest in joining me, psn rarbusto, PS don't know what I'm doing

Namikaze1

Everyone who needs the Atheon cp, join on me. I'm afk right now so it will take a bit to accept any friend requests sent my way. Anyone who has me on their FL just join in.

Now ask me if I think Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence contributed to "loadout variety."

Grrr. The optimal loadout for year 1-

FB or VoC
Black Hammer/Found Verdict
Gjallahorn

If you wanted to contribute to your team, that was the optimal loadout. In PvE, nothing beat Fatebringer or Vision of Confluence. Black Hammer if you sniped or Found Verdict if you shotgunned. Gjallahorn for everything.

zewone

it creates optimal loadouts. I know you guys understand this. I don't know why you would even bother to dispute it. Unless I missed some point where we're talking about adding elemental damage to a wide variety of weapons and not just the raid weapons. There's no reason not to use a legendary elemental primary of some kind if you have one and so far there have always been extremely clear choices for optimal loadouts as a result. You hurt your team if you weren't using one of them. Just say that you want that situation again, it's a perfectly valid position to hold even if I disagree. Just don't try and paint your position as somehow advocating for more variety.

I don't even own a Hung Jury. I use, on my own characters, and see on others lots of different primaries throughout all areas of the game, even if you personally stick to that one 100% of the time.

FB and VoC were great guns regardless of element. Them having an element just put them at S-tier.

The new raid weapons are pretty crappy and plenty of better legendary guns are better than them in their respective classes.

Even with elements I would only use them during NFs.

If elemental primaries were the end all, be all, everyone would be running Supercell which is obviously not the case.

Doing nightfall without me..such rudeness :p

lol sorry dude. At least it wasn't as rude as Stabie going afk then coming back and stealing Jigga while I was trying to launch the NFall so me and Grey had to find a 3rd and then Grey went afk so I had to find another 3rd, smh. You didn't miss much.

Many thanks to raizel for helping with all 3 runs despite only having 1 character. Also thanks to Bahamut for jumping in on the last two, even though he stole my 310 ghost and got more 3oCs than me, haha.

Join at boss, get 8 kills = 310 ghost
Run full strike, get 77 kills = 294 ghost

New loot tables, same disappointment.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Really the only hard part is getting a 310 ghost, feet, and class item.

Everything else can obtained from outside sources or be infused to 310.

I have 310 feet and class item. Just don't have a 310 ghost :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom