• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
the problem with ghost rewards in nightfall is that if its less light than your current ghost its basically useless

at least high level weapons and armor can be infusion fodder

LTWood12

lol sorry dude. At least it wasn't as rude as Stabie going afk then coming back and stealing Jigga while I was trying to launch the NFall so me and Grey had to find a 3rd and then Grey went afk so I had to find another 3rd, smh. You didn't miss much.

Many thanks to raizel for helping with all 3 runs despite only having 1 character. Also thanks to Bahamut for jumping in on the last two, even though he stole my 310 ghost and got more 3oCs than me, haha.

Join at boss, get 8 kills = 310 ghost
Run full strike, get 77 kills = 294 ghost

New loot tables, same disappointment.

Man I bet you're so happy it wasn't a 284 Ghost Kappa

BahamutPT

Many thanks to raizel for helping with all 3 runs despite only having 1 character. Also thanks to Bahamut for jumping in on the last two, even though he stole my 310 ghost and got more 3oCs than me, haha.

I'm so sorry :(

I actually do feel really bad when that happens.

BraXzy

I got a 310 Hereafter from the Nightfall first time which is great n' all, but smart loot strikes again I already had it. How damn hard is it for this game to give me the supercell :'(

hyp

1. hypoetical
2. Mutenturtle
3. US-Frostburn
4. Goodacre0081
5. dontbrickmebro
6. hzoltan969

and we're full. thanks!

lol sorry dude. At least it wasn't as rude as Stabie going afk then coming back and stealing Jigga while I was trying to launch the NFall so me and Grey had to find a 3rd and then Grey went afk so I had to find another 3rd, smh. You didn't miss much.

Heh I was kidding...I'm at the airport :p

So nothing good out of 3x nightfalls? Looks like others are getting 300+ items, so that's a good fix to say the least. Can't fix RNG sadly.

Stabie stealing ji66a...So what's new? ;)

I would not mind getting a 310 ghost from Nightfall. In fact that would actually be awesome, it would put me at the brink of hitting 310.

BraXzy

I managed to get a group on LFG to find the ghosts and finish the daily so at least tomorrow or whenever I can continue the quest.

What are early impressions of the NTTE? Worth the time to attain?

Namikaze1

I'm sharing Atheon CP for another 10 minutes. PSN is namikaze1.

Also, I edited the guide after doing the quest a second time. The part I edited is step 6.

1 A Paradox In Time

You will need to get a Cult Ghost found in the Paradox mission. You can get this ghost during days when the Paradox mission is the Daily Heroic. You can also get it via glitching but it's best to get it legit.

In order to get the cult ghost, you first need to find 3 ghosts hidden in the Vault and ignore Praedyth's remains after killing the hydra.

One Ghost can be found in the hidden passage that leads to the Templar's Well.

Second ghost can be found in the hidden passage that leads directly to the exotic raid chest.

Final ghost can be found in the jumping puzzle room.

Upon getting all 3 ghosts, the inactive Vex Portal in the area will activate. Head through the portal where you will come across more Taken. Kill some till a Taken Ultra pops up. Kill the Taken Ultra to open a door where a chest is hidden containing a legendary engram and the Cult Ghost.

Please note that handing the ghost in today will not give you the next step today. Maybe it will pop up tomorrow. You have to had handed the ghost in prior to today to continue the quest line today.

2 A Change in Allegiance

Lakshmi will have a new mission for you. This one requires you to be part of or temporarily join FWC. Hand in materials/synths/motes to Lakshmi till a new mission pops up.

Hand in 50 Motes of Light to quickly get this step over with. You get 10% for every 5 motes handed in.

You HAVE to join FWC to complete this step.

As mentioned above, this mission will pop up for you today if you handed the Cult Ghost before today.

3 Venus Baby!

Head to the Citadel on Venus and wait for the Taken to spawn in. Kill a taken Minotaur. An item will automatically pop up. Head to your inventory and trash the new item. Head back to Lakshmi.

The Taken Minotaur is one of 3 Lieutanants that spawns during the Taken attack. You have 3 chances to get the item. You don't need to kill it to get the item just as long as you're close to the person who lands the killing blow.

The item that drops will pop up in the Mission table of your Inventory screen.

4 Hello, Old Friend

Kill Atheon and dismantle the Eye of Atheon. Head back to Lakshmi.

Like the Minotaur, you don't need to land the killing blow. Item will automatically pop up in your inventory where the previous item showed up.

5 Zoba?!

Head to Twilight Gap where you will have to find a chest. Use the pools of light to cleanse yourself. Chest seems to spawn randomly. I found mine next to C flag zone.

You will die upon the screen completely blacking out. Memorize where all the pools are. Search around C for a silver chest (it looks like any old chest from patrol). Mission will end upon opening it. No enemies spawns during this mission

6 To the Garden!

Head to the Black Garden. Kill enemies till you reach 100%. A giant Minotaur will spawn. It will stay on the field as long as the percentage is above 100%. Kill it. Return to Lakshmi.

Yellow Bar Goblins increases the percentage by 4%

Minotaurs increases the percentage by 10%

The Ultra doesn't gain his health back if he leaves and you get him to come back.

7 Finally Some Time To Explain

Enjoy the new gun. :)

JackHerer

Ugh I should have just done the Ghost secret mission earlier. Didn't look enough into it. I soloed it today but I guess I won't get the next part till later. Getting a VoG run together might be tough. I've never run VoG HM so maybe I'll try to get that done at the same time. Would like a Mythocast even if it is useless now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I got a 310 Hereafter from the Nightfall first time which is great n' all, but smart loot strikes again I already had it. How damn hard is it for this game to give me the supercell :'(
Here is a list of the new Exotic weapons I have since TTK launch:

Ace of Spades
Sleeper Simulant
Raze-Lighter
Black Spindle
Touch of Malice

they all have something in common...

ninja edit: I did buy Hereafter from Xur, too. forgot

EL CUCO

Let's fight.

Get in line. He has one with Soss first.
E6u83NA.jpg

Kyne

I managed to get a group on LFG to find the ghosts and finish the daily so at least tomorrow or whenever I can continue the quest.

What are early impressions of the NTTE? Worth the time to attain?

I'd like to tell you my first impressions but..

I have no time to explain.

Ugh I should have just done the Ghost secret mission earlier. Didn't look enough into it. I soloed it today but I guess I won't get the next part till later. Getting a VoG run together might be tough. I've never run VoG HM so maybe I'll try to get that done at the same time. Would like a Mythocast even if it is useless now.

I don't understand how people are supposed to even know about stuff like that. I mean, it wasn't ever brought up in the game at all was it? If you're never instructed to look into it then I'm wondering how many other secret quests ala Black Spindle I'm missing out on because I didn't happen to see someone post about it one day.

Frostburn

Anyone down for a quick King's Fall raid?

5:30 PM EST - Sign up by quoting and adding your name + some text below the quote.

1. US-Frostburn

Trying to keep the full run around an hour in length so please come ready to roll

LTWood12

Raided 3X every week since release and my main is only 308...LT's luck is too strong. Pls nerf.

My luck w/ Raid drops has been astonishing. T-44 gets gauntlets ever damn week. I had full Titan raid gear after 3 clears.

At 309 Light my loadout is the following:

310 S U R O S R E G I M E
310 1000 Yard Stare
309 Quillum's Terminus
305 Kingslayer Shell
310 War Numen's Crown
310 War Numen's Fist
309 War Numen's Chest
309 War Numen's Boots
306 War Numen's Mark
310 Whatever that artifact is called

Don't even have a 310 Titan exotic armor.

Do we know if anyone out there is actually at 310 light right now? Also, does every piece of your gear need to be exactly 310 in order for your overall light to be 310? I mean that would make sense

This true that NTTE is basura in PVP?

Really lame. Was holding out for that to be the last bastion of hope to save me from the Red Death/Nirwen meta monotony that's here but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

zewone

I don't understand how people are supposed to even know about stuff like that. I mean, it wasn't ever brought up in the game at all was it? If you're never instructed to look into it then I'm wondering how many other secret quests ala Black Spindle I'm missing out on because I didn't happen to see someone post about it one day.

Black Spindle and No Time To Explain are the only exotics stuck behind a specific daily story.

My luck w/ Raid drops has been astonishing. T-44 gets gauntlets ever damn week. I had full Titan raid gear after 3 clears.

At 309 Light my loadout is the following:

310 S U R O S R E G I M E
310 1000 Yard Stare
309 Quillum's Terminus
305 Kingslayer Shell
310 War Numen's Crown
310 War Numen's Fist
309 War Numen's Chest
309 War Numen's Boots
306 War Numen's Mark
310 Whatever that artifact is called

Don't even have a 310 Titan exotic armor.

Bruh....I'm throwing mad shade at you over the internet. NO R&B FOR YOU.

I love you LT. I didn't even put that in spoiler tags ;)

Owensboro

But that's the point of these quests: to engage the community. You're not supposed to be able to figure this crap out on your own. It's almost Dark-Souls-ish.

Heh I was kidding...I'm at the airport :p

So nothing good out of 3x nightfalls? Looks like others are getting 300+ items, so that's a good fix to say the least. Can't fix RNG sadly.

Stabie stealing ji66a...So what's new? ;)

Got a 310 Saint helm that would have been great except I already had 3 of them. Can't complain about that though, still a good drop as far as NFall goes.

Tables are probably better overall but not by much. Strange coins and 3oCs should have been removed completely. Class items and ghosts should be removed since those aren't meaningful to character builds, unless they'll only drop at 305-310.

At least Legendary weapons and armor can drop with valuable perks, weapons especially. All Legendary items should drop at 300 minimum if your character is over 300 Light. Getting a 294 Ghost when my character was 307 feels bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom