• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWood12

Do we know if anyone out there is actually at 310 light right now? Also, does every piece of your gear need to be exactly 310 in order for your overall light to be 310? I mean that would make sense

The way their rounding works yes. W/ a 309 Ghost and everything else 310 you'd be 309.9. Game would call that 309.

edit: Top of page OG Stranger's Rifle. Loved this so much in the early days, and when leveling my alts.

The_Stranger's_Rifle.jpg

willow ve

Do we know if anyone out there is actually at 310 light right now? Also, does every piece of your gear need to be exactly 310 in order for your overall light to be 310? I mean that would make sense
There are 310 folk in the wild. Destiny tracker or Destiny status has a leaderboard.

Got a 310 Saint helm that would have been great except I already had 3 of them. Can't complain about that though, still a good drop as far as NFall goes.

Tables are probably better overall but not by much. Strange coins and 3oCs should have been removed completely. Class items and ghosts should be removed since those aren't meaningful to character builds, unless they'll only drop at 305-310.

At least Legendary weapons and armor can drop with valuable perks, weapons especially. All Legendary items should drop at 300 minimum if your character is over 300 Light. Getting a 294 Ghost when my character was 307 feels bad.

Yeah I get what you're saying. I hope you guys get good stuff from hard mode raid on Friday to make up for nightfall disappointment.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
did raid.
got nothing up to oryx.
got doom of checklis! I wanted this! it's 310!

no full auto

:(

A couple people have been 310 for a few weeks actally. You can check on destinytracker.com to see everyone ranked by light level.

zewone

Got a 310 Saint helm that would have been great except I already had 3 of them. Can't complain about that though, still a good drop as far as NFall goes.

Tables are probably better overall but not by much. Strange coins and 3oCs should have been removed completely. Class items and ghosts should be removed since those aren't meaningful to character builds, unless they'll only drop at 305-310.

At least Legendary weapons and armor can drop with valuable perks, weapons especially. All Legendary items should drop at 300 minimum if your character is over 300 Light. Getting a 294 Ghost when my character was 307 feels bad.

I do hate that ghosts are a part of the drop pool now, but it's also nice to have another avenue of obtaining a 310 ghost other than the raid.

But once you have a 310 ghost, all the ghosts after that will be beyond pointless.

I still wish they hadn't chose to include ghosts and class items into your light level calculations.

It really limits you if you like a specific class item or a color of ghost.

Mindlog

298 Ghost on my second Nightfall.
That's really not too bad even though I have a Kingslayer.
Wait a minute...

It's the same exact 298 ghost I already had :]
RNG trolls hard.

I do hate that ghosts are a part of the drop pool now, but it's also nice to have another avenue of obtaining a 310 ghost other than the raid.

But once you have a 310 ghosts, all the ghosts after that will be beyond pointless.

I still wish they hadn't chose to include ghosts and glass items into your light level calculations.

It really limits you if you like a specific class item or a color of ghost.

you can infuse any class item or ghost that you like though?

i used my raid titan mark for infusion.. that shit was ugly

Black Spindle and No Time To Explain are the only exotics stuck behind a specific daily story.

Good to know.

But that's the point of these quests: to engage the community. You're not supposed to be able to figure this crap out on your own. It's almost Dark-Souls-ish.

And that's totally fine. But at least give people a cryptic heads up about it so that they at least get their interests piqued and know there's something they should look into. I'd argue they'd actually get more community engagement that way rather than leaving people completely in the dark only to stumble upon it some time later. That's just annoying.

I just need a 310 Ghost shell and I'll be at 310 light.
My 2 KF clears have been generous.
Hopefully this week before Hardmode drops RNG will let me reach it.

zewone

you can infuse any class item or ghost that you like though?

if they're TTK legendaries, you can.

With the ghosts there's a lot of nice blue rarity ones that can't and with the class items there's a lot of missing options from vanilla, TDB, and HoW.

Frostburn

I just did it. Got a 300 ghost. Le sigh. Everything was ghost.

I really wish the game would drop stuff more relative to your own level. Make it a much higher chance to be at least 1 light level higher then your current level of gear for that slot for ALL weekly reset drops (Raids/Nightfalls/Crucible quests). It really sucks to have bad luck but on top of that you have to wait an entire week for another shot. RNG is fine but make it less frustrating to progress if there are so little avenues to actually gain higher light gear.

Deku Tree

I'm really happy that legendary ghosts are added to NF rewards for now. Previously I knew of no way to RNG a legendary ghost with RNG perks.

I really want the following ghost perks:

1) Vex Glimmer Extractor
2) Cabal Glimmer Extractor

3) Helium Filament Extractor

Prior to today there was no way that I knew about to get these perks on a ghost. I don't care about power levels because all activities where I would equip these ghosts would be 280 light or lower and being higher powered would be useless and do nothing.

Trakan

it creates optimal loadouts. I know you guys understand this. I don't know why you would even bother to dispute it. Unless I missed some point where we're talking about adding elemental damage to a wide variety of weapons and not just the raid weapons. There's no reason not to use a legendary elemental primary of some kind if you have one and so far there have always been extremely clear choices for optimal loadouts as a result. You hurt your team if you weren't using one of them. Just say that you want that situation again, it's a perfectly valid position to hold even if I disagree. Just don't try and paint your position as somehow advocating for more variety.

I don't even own a Hung Jury. I use, on my own characters, and see on others lots of different primaries throughout all areas of the game, even if you personally stick to that one 100% of the time.

Now ask me if I think Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence contributed to "loadout variety."

I brought up elemental primaries the other day, and according to most people here they're only useful for NFs.

I'm really happy that legendary ghosts are added to NF rewards for now. Previously I knew of no way to RNG a legendary ghost with RNG perks.

I really want the following ghost perks:

Vex Glimmer Extractor
Cabal Glimmer Extractor

Helium Filament Extractor

Prior to today there was no way that I knew about to get these perks on a ghost. I don't care about power levels because all activities where I would equip these ghosts would be 280 light or lower and being higher powered would be useless and do nothing.

Yep, this is really nice. I appreciate having ghosts for specific situations so I will def be running NF in hopes of some new ghosts.

According to Destiny Tracker, there are 48 Guardians at 310 Light.

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/characters/top

Better hope you get good drops in Hard raid on the way to Oryx. Being 308-309 Light vs. 320 Oryx fight is almost the same under-leveling as 1 level down in Year 1 (~30%). If the hard raid has an additional damage penalty similar to hard story missions and nightfalls, the scaling could be worse. Getting high light weapons is especially important.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3p52f3/light_levels_stats_and_how_they_affect_damage_in/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom