• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

According to Destiny Tracker, there are 48 Guardians at 310 Light.

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/characters/top

Better hope you get good drops in Hard raid on the way to Oryx. Being 308-309 Light vs. 320 Oryx fight is almost the same under-leveling as 1 level down in Year 1 (~30%). If the hard raid has an additional damage penalty similar to hard story missions and nightfalls, the scaling could be worse. Getting high light weapons is especially important.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3p52f3/light_levels_stats_and_how_they_affect_damage_in/

The patch notes said HM KF drops "up to" 320 power... imagine if you get 300 boots from HM Golgo... epic troll.

todd360

I really wish the game would drop stuff more relative to your own level. Make it a much higher chance to be at least 1 light level higher then your current level of gear for that slot for ALL weekly reset drops (Raids/Nightfalls/Crucible quests). It really sucks to have bad luck but on top of that you have to wait an entire week for another shot. RNG is fine but make it less frustrating to progress if there are so little avenues to actually gain higher light gear.

Agreed

I'm really happy that legendary ghosts are added to NF rewards for now. Previously I knew of no way to RNG a legendary ghost with RNG perks.

I really want the following ghost perks:

1) Vex Glimmer Extractor
2) Cabal Glimmer Extractor

3) Helium Filament Extractor

Prior to today there was no way that I knew about to get these perks on a ghost. I don't care about power levels because all activities where I would equip these ghosts would be 280 light or lower and being higher powered would be useless and do nothing.

Speaker has sold Helium Filament Extractor ghosts before. Not sure about any glimmer perks since I don't pay a ton of attention to those and glimmer isn't super important to me.

stay gold

Primary Exotics need to stop giving me Zhalo Supercells already.

On top of that, I play a Warlock and have Taniks Cloak, Flayer Mantles & Mark of the Undying Mind, but can't for the life of me get the Warlock gauntlets to drop in that annoying Echo Chamber strike :(

EL CUCO

Everybody Killin Atheon, and I'm just here at work wanting to know if I can farm me some Omnigul?

Last night I got a GoM with Headseeker, glass half full, Will of Light (Taken bonus dmg). Unfortunately, the +/- perk was Injection mold and not hand laid stock -__- soo close.

ugh I only have one character that's Nightfall ready...is it possible to join and then switch characters at the end? I might have one I can get close enough to ready.

If I get something I need over 300 from the Nightfall it'll be fucking awesome. I've been trying for literally weeks now to get 5 light points to hit 300 average. I managed to get a single point closer last night (I had a primary drop at 296 when my previous high was 295. Whoo!) so now I'm 4 short. Then I can finally decrypt my 8 exotic engrams I have vaulted and hope for some 310 stuff from that.

Kyne

if yesterday someone had said that today everyone would run the nightfall on all 3 of their characters along with VoG I would not have believed them.

this game man.

If HM KF drops are 310-320, but you can still get shards if you haven't done NM that week, it still seems best to wait for HM. You might get shards with your second drop but at least you'd still have two chances for 310-320 items.

The real question is whether or not you could get double shards from a HM drop if you haven't done NM already. That would mean it might be best to run NM first to ensure you only get 310+ drops. Who knows for this week, but ultimately I don't imagine anyone will bother running NM and HM each week unless the HM shard drop rate is super high.

schlew

The talk of a Ghost from the NF has me intrigued, but not sure I'm NF ready.

Is the Ghost a guaranteed drop?

I'm LL 294, is that low for the NF? Brutal honesty is a-okay.

If HM KF drops are 310-320, but you can still get shards if you haven't done NM that week, it still seems best to wait for HM. You might get shards with your second drop but at least you'd still have two chances for 310-320 items.

The real question is whether or not you could get double shards from a HM drop if you haven't done NM already. That would mean it might be best to run NM first to ensure you only get 310+ drops. Who knows for this week, but ultimately I don't imagine anyone will bother running NM and HM each week unless the HM shard drop rate is super high.

I probably might just for something to do / infusion fodder

after weekly raids are done the rest of the week is pretty slow

So what was the Kotaku guy hoping would be interesting about his article? Most people here already knew most of that stuff, besides the Rasputin Exo thing and the issues with the engine.

blackflag

Yup and cloaks are drooping aplenty, cause they took out legendary drops from nightfall strike bosses...so if you see a purple drop, it will be a strike drop.

No need to farm playlist, just farm nightfall ;)

Yep I got one. Glad I never wasted time farming for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom