• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand.

Did hm daughters on my warlock - got 2 shards.

This is hard without having done normal.

WHERE THE HECK IS MY 2nd drop????

Some players get double drops and others get 2 shards, even on hard?

Who the heck designs these things?

Axoman

Hopefully right? I understand his frustration. HM is out. People want to complete it. It's difficult to swallow that you might not be able to finish it...not because you're not a good enough player, but because of a number not being high enough because RNG is nonsense.

I'm giving Homeboyd a hard time because even though he complains, he still gets everything!

LiK

I don't understand.

Are you doing another run after this? Can I join? I need to play with one friend here. Lol

Sucks. At least with NM when our group encountered this problem we were able to go farm strikes and jump a few light levels. Now, we're at the mercy of just raid drops once a week.
I was watching the planet destiny stream and they too hit that wall at oryx. So they went ahead to run HM on their alts to get better loot to transfer to their mains. This is a slow process but could work.

Okay I guess we killed Warpriest too fast first time, there's sorta kinda maybe a new mechanic there:
Which glyph he destroys with the Occulus gives him a different Taken attack. Retaliation swarm from middle and Taken Captain orbs from right. Haven't seen left yet because why would anyone do that side.

It's so easy to 2-cycle him that this mechanic will never matter.

KanameYuuki

Lol that Oryx wall is such a bitch slap, like everything was pretty much the same and then boom, here comes red numbers and despair.

FStop7

Banned
I don't understand.

I wonder if it's the same or similar to what messed up IB's drop rates.

Okay I guess we killed Warpriest too fast first time, there's sorta kinda maybe a new mechanic there:
Which glyph he destroys with the Occulus gives him a different Taken attack. Retaliation swarm from middle and Taken Captain orbs from right. Haven't seen left yet because why would anyone do that side.

Left one is
Taken Knight Mortar Fire.

It's really fucking unsettling that people are not getting double drops, only normal drops. It'd be one thing if you were only getting hard mode drops, but normal only? Come the fuck on...

yea we saw him thrwing big black balls when we dps him from the right

no idea about left...probably axion darts?

It's really fucking unsettling that people are not getting double drops, only normal drops. It'd be one thing if you were only getting hard mode drops, but normal only? Come the fuck on...

Is it actually happening with the proper bosses?

I thought it was only happening from chests not doubling up?

I thought Warpiest, Golg, and Oryx are all giving year 2 stuff just fine. Is that not the case?

LiK

Is it actually happening with the proper bosses?

I thought it was only happening from chests not doubling up?

I thought Warpiest, Golg, and Oryx are all giving year 2 stuff just fine. Is that not the case?

Some people got only shards from bosses. Pretty abysmal.

So, I won't be able to have a chance at HM until tomorrow... but I'll only be at 305. Will I even stand a chance? It sounds like it might work up until Oryx
and clearing the Ogre + Knight

FiraB

Banned
Well guess I'm not doing hardmode even with a new mic, sounds absolutely boring.

Have these guys thought about taking the ffxiv approach to hardmodes vs normals mode? Seriously make entirely new encounters with a new story behind it instead of this recycled shit we keep getting.

Kyne

are you telling me that they went through the trouble of putting in a mechanic (warpriest) that we'll never see lol.

should have just given him more HP so that we could experience the full effect.

Deku Tree

I don't understand.

If that's true it actually makes some distorted sense... If you get a drop then you get a double drop. Otherwise you don't get a drop. I would be more mad about getting a NM drop and no HM drop than about getting no drop.

realcZk

"For the mechanics themselves, we shied away from simply increasing sandbox difficulty (not that it won't be harder). You've had time to hone your strategies and develop a rhythm," Irby added. "Some of you might even be able to do it backwards, blindfolded, or upside-down. Hard Mode is going to upset that rhythm. We're going to give you one more plate to spin, and make you think on your feet." -- Gamespot

Has anyone found the plate yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom