• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's true it actually makes some distorted sense... If you get a drop then you get a double drop. Otherwise you don't get a drop. I would be more mad about getting a NM drop and no HM drop than about getting no drop.
Based on their comment from the weekly update I don't think HM drops shards. I think any shards people are getting are NM drops. If you've already done NM and do a HM checkpoint there's the potential of getting nothing.

This somewhat makes sense as shards are only relevant for normal mode completions - the weekly update or patch notes said HM oryx gives the bonus drop regardless of shards or not, I think. Giving a drop of shards in HM doesn't actually benefit the player.

Patch notes:
Bungie said:
Oryx in Hard Mode will guarantee a Raid item drop each week, without requiring Moldering Shards
Oryx in Normal mode will still require Moldering Shards
Moldering Shards can drop in King's Fall Hard Mode, but only if a character hasn't cleared King's Fall Normal for the week

JHall

Beat the Daughters on HM and didn't get anything from the chest. Not even 2 moldering shards. Working as intended I guess.

Jafku

Currently at Oryx on HM. So far drops have been
315 Harrowed Rocket Launcher
311 Boots (wtf)
315 Titan mark.
Not bad. Let's see what Oryx gives me

Legitimately disappointed at Bungie getting rid of elemental primaries. I think the PR and SR are the only decent primary guns from the raid, and the black look they have is pretty meh, I was hoping for a more "Taken" look, like the Ghost shell.

Overall, it seems pretty pointless to do a raid just to get infusion fodder, since all the weapons are the same, just higher light level.

Jinjo

Beat the Daughters on HM and didn't get anything from the chest. Not even 2 moldering shards. Working as intended I guess.

Moldering shards are only for normal mode, as Oryx HM guarantees a drop no matter apparently. The HM drops seemed more frequent to me than NM mode drops. Either way seems to work pretty much the same as NM, you get something or you get nothing (and nothing for NM is just moldy shards). Anyway, we all only had one KF run so far and RNG is gonna RNG, you should know that by now after a year of Destiny.

Footos22

Got a 315 sniper and 315 gauntlets. Up to daughters but ppl had to go.

Was only a 301 and still didn't struggle really. Up to 305 after

Jinjo

Currently at Oryx on HM. So far drops have been
315 Harrowed Rocket Launcher
311 Boots (wtf)
315 Titan mark.
Not bad. Let's see what Oryx gives me

I had 308 and 310 boots drop at the same time lol. Yeah, the 310 was the Harrowed drop. It had worse perks than the NM mode boots so I infused it into that. Ah well, did get a solid 315 ghost, 314 sniper and 320 shotgun.

So much potential for new mechanics, yet in the end its all about being underlevelled again. Great.

Not gonna bang my head against that wall until I'm 315+, not worth the one loot drop.

Waiting for my group to get back together for Oryx HM and my drops have been.

Warpriest Room = Nothing...
Warpriest = 312 Harrowed Machine Gun
Golgoroth = 316 Leg Armor
Daughters = 314 Mark

Some of my fire team didn't even get drops on Daughters.

Anyone running HM? 308 warlock looking to run it.

Ps4 psn XxTheReaperxX

I'm on now, about to head to LFG. Send me an invite if you have a spot.

BraXzy

So hard mode has been... Interesting so far. It isn't as hard as I expected, at least up until Oryx. But now were stuck waiting to get more people after a few gave up.

Drops so far have been decent..

316 fusion (infused straight into thousand yard Stare)
317 rocket launcher
314 chest piece

I died because the relic holder messed up at the daughters so when the chest popped I wasnt up. Don't know if it was just no drop or if it was due to being dead but there was nothing for me from them.

jaaz

Well, I guess I can now use my raid fusion rifle, shotgun and other crappy raid weapons to infuse the good stuff. I was holding on to them thinking they might be useful in HM. Lol.

Lee

I'm still confused regarding shards. Best I can come up with is that they are a way of getting people to run the entire raid, and not just jump in at Oryx. You want an additional drop, then do the raid, you'll earn twenty shards as you go, and you'll get an extra drop at Oryx.

This is better than the no-checkpoints idea they tried with PoE, but why drop it from hard mode?

Once everyone is doing HM, these shards will be useless, right? Unless people can do NM Oryx (1 NM drop + 1 Shards drop) and then HM Oryx, instead of just doing HM Oryx (1 NM drop and 1 HM drop, right?)

So confusing.

I just learned yesterday that I missed my chance to get something something in Heroic Paradox

damn Bungie tying exotic aquirables to a certain scheduled day that we don't know when it will be

I really want it too.

Second run drops up to daughters:

Nothing from totems
311 sniper rifle from warpriest
319 boots from golgoroth
310 class item from daughters

Outside of golgoroth everything has been underwhelming drop wise for me.

Silvard

So, any fresh HM raids starting any time soon? I wish I had been there from the start but work and life and responsibilities.

Starting up a fresh run in HM

I'm 308 and my cousin is 310

Psn name is SeanR1221. Send me a request.

1. Me
2. My cousin

How convenient. I'll go! PSN: SilvardCT

BraXzy

Sounds like exotics don't have a chance to drop at 320 from engrams if you're above 310 which sucks.. So that means if you wanna be a high level exotics are trash. Was really hoping it'd work like being above 300 did :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom