• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still confused regarding shards. Best I can come up with is that they are a way of getting people to run the entire raid, and not just jump in at Oryx. You want an additional drop, then do the raid, you'll earn twenty shards as you go, and you'll get an extra drop at Oryx.

This is better than the no-checkpoints idea they tried with PoE, but why drop it from hard mode?

Once everyone is doing HM, these shards will be useless, right? Unless people can do NM Oryx (1 NM drop + 1 Shards drop) and then HM Oryx, instead of just doing HM Oryx (1 NM drop and 1 HM drop, right?)

So confusing.
I think the point of shards is to make it feel like you got something from beating the boss. In VoG and Crota you got ascendant or radiant materials to upgrade your gear. Bungie wisely stopped that mechanic in HoW but they still wanted to offer some reward for beating each checkpoint, unlike POE where only the final boss gave anything good.

Seems like shards are useless for HM though so maybe they need to make the speaker start buying them like for other Radiant and Ascendant materials.

SpecX

Did Bungie announce when Trials comes back? I'm working with my friends to improve so we can be ready when it hits.

Agent

Finally got 10/10 Relic Crystals on Mars for the Void sword. That was brutal.

On to Void ability kills...on my defender Titan.

200w.gif

Zocano

On to Void ability kills...on my defender Titan.

Load up Siege of the Warmind, get your void sword, use it up until there is 1 or 2 charges left in it and then "deplete" it by guarding (hold LT and don't actually guard attacks, just let it drain out). Then kill all the thrall with the hilt.

Ez mode!

Trakan

Just finished first Heroic KF, my impressions:
It sucks. Not a single meaningful new mechanic, feels almost identical to NM except for being strongly under-leveled. It's the exact opposite of what they said in the Weekly Update yesterday. And the loot drops are just as bad as NM or worse.

To be honest, I'm glad it's this and not what a lot of other people were guessing.

Elemental primaries being gone is a big mistake. The outcry will be huge and they'll get brought back eventually. No reason to do Trials anymore. It sounds like there's no reason to do hard raid either though. Why do I want to hit 320? Just to make hard Raid easier, where the weapons are mostly shitty?

I don't get it.

MechDX

Still haven't finished a normal mode Oryx raid on Xbox. I have no friends who raid and the ones that do never invite me. :(

Forever 297

Jinjo

To be honest, I'm glad it's this and not what a lot of other people were guessing.

Elemental primaries being gone is a big mistake. The outcry will be huge and they'll get brought back eventually. No reason to do Trials anymore. It sounds like there's no reason to do hard raid either though. Why do I want to hit 320? Just to make hard Raid easier, where the weapons are mostly shitty?

I don't get it.

Elemental primaries being gone is the best decision ever. They were completely OP and invalidated every other primary in your selection, even down to exotics. Great call to get rid of those.

Deku Tree

I don't get it.

Do it for guaranteed 310-320 primaries?

Seems like you could do NM up to Oryx, save CP, do Oryx NM 3x. Then do HM up to oryx 3x easily. Main difficult part is Oryx HM.

Elemental primaries being gone is the best decision ever. They were completely OP and invalidated every other primary in your selection, even down to exotics. Great call to get rid of those.

I agree with this. It made primary exotics useless outside of PvP.

Fuckin' hell!! Why are daughters dropping JUST shards on hard mode? Next time I'm gonna finish off normal raid first before going to hard mode. Bungie still don't know how to program loot tables or they don't think you deserve anything for killing daughters. Grade-A bullshit!!

squadr0n

On GiantBomb's UPF just now Brad mentioned some mission from earlier this week where one of the quests was to defeat the Boss in Vault of Glass and you got some good weapon from it. What was he talking about and how do I start it next time its around? At first I thought he was just talking about the daily but he was talking about the last boss in the VoG raid.

have to agree with this

also trials dropping elemental primaries never made sense anyway

Still haven't finished a normal mode Oryx raid on Xbox. I have no friends who raid and the ones that do never invite me. :(

Forever 297
are you in the Bungie.net Bad to the Xbone Group or the the100.io group?

we've got an xbox raid being set up through the bungie.net chat tonight at 8:30 PM Eastern, ProgenitorRyan's setting it up and there might be an open spot there.

Out 1

no new calcified fragments?

I have grimoire at 46/50, but my main has collected 45. Need to get the mini-Crota one which will mean I am one fragment short. Ugh...

Agent

Load up Siege of the Warmind, get your void sword, use it up until there is 1 or 2 charges left in it and then "deplete" it by guarding (hold LT and don't actually guard attacks, just let it drain out). Then kill all the thrall with the hilt.

Ez mode!

Thanks! Will give this a try. Much better than going into Mayhem with magnetic grenades.

Frenden

Banned
There's no raid gear I desperately want, so I guess chasing exotics through time gated content and doing Nightfalls is the endgame for me.

Like, I'll raid, but there's no Fatebringer to keep me interested. And I don't just mean because of elemental damage. The base archetypes of the guns are largely uninteresting or just less good than other legendaries.

Some random thoughts for the day...

I may some day play the hard raid just for the black hunter cloak but otherwise sounds pretty meh with no reason to run it. Also it's pretty dumb that I should ever have to think about running it to get a decent black colored cloak. Let people pick the colors they want themselves Bungie. Edit: Hell sell shaders as microtransactions. I'll buy them for a couple dollars.

I like how there's still apparently 3 missing fragments and still most likely no way to get them until Bungie says go. The time gating is easily the most bullshit thing about this game now imo.`

As for weapons parts nerf, I don't know what happened but I went from 1200 to about 950 over the last week. Was there a quest that needed them or something? If not I don't get why the 25% nerf is suddenly making me lose so much. Either way I now agree it was a shitty change and I really don't understand why it was changed. Just to make people grind the normal stuff more? I don't know but it probably needs changed back.

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to stop playing this soon unless something good happens quickly. Halo and Call Of Duty are coming and people seem pretty tired of the crap.

Its like I said, I am getting tired of getting slapped in the face all the time.

MechDX

are you in the Bungie.net Bad to the Xbone Group or the the100.io group?

we've got an xbox raid being set up through the bungie.net chat tonight at 8:30 PM Eastern, ProgenitorRyan's setting it up and there might be an open spot there.

In the bone group and post there but rarely get responses. Kind of a clique atmosphere IMO

Liamc723

On GiantBomb's UPF just now Brad mentioned some mission from earlier this week where one of the quests was to defeat the Boss in Vault of Glass and you got some good weapon from it. What was he talking about and how do I start it next time its around? At first I thought he was just talking about the daily but he was talking about the last boss in the VoG raid.

The quest for No Time To Explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom