• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabronium

On GiantBomb's UPF just now Brad mentioned some mission from earlier this week where one of the quests was to defeat the Boss in Vault of Glass and you got some good weapon from it. What was he talking about and how do I start it next time its around? At first I thought he was just talking about the daily but he was talking about the last boss in the VoG raid.

If you find the secret ghosts when Paradox is the daily, you get an item to turn into the FWC rep in the tower. Then...at some random point in the future...the quest picks up again. One of the steps is killing Atheon.

Edit: Beat!

PatDH

Wow, pretty bullshit. Die at the end of HM Sisters. Spawns me after the loot chest disappears so I don't get anything.
Clap clap game designers.

SkylineRKR

Elemental primaries being gone is the best decision ever. They were completely OP and invalidated every other primary in your selection, even down to exotics. Great call to get rid of those.

Yeah. If TTK has them, they will be the only go to weapons basically. I think this is why you don't see -that- many hallowed. You can basically beat the Raid with a Red Death or Monte Carlo.

Really, another Fatebringer/VoC situation isn't ideal I think.

I don't understand.

Did hm daughters on my warlock - got 2 shards.

This is hard without having done normal.

I was just ranting about this same thing. All the people in my team got two meaningful drops while I got 2 shards. O guess we're beta testing the raid for bungie coz they can't be fucking bothered to do the same.

FStop7

Banned
On GiantBomb's UPF just now Brad mentioned some mission from earlier this week where one of the quests was to defeat the Boss in Vault of Glass and you got some good weapon from it. What was he talking about and how do I start it next time its around? At first I thought he was just talking about the daily but he was talking about the last boss in the VoG raid.

He's talking about the quest chain to get No Time to Explain, which is a Y2 version of The Stranger's Rifle.

It's a decent gun for certain PVE situations because it returns rounds to the mag for precision hits. That can be useful vs. Golgoroth or the light eater Ogres in the raid, but it still falls well short of the usefulness of the Black Spindle.

I've learned WAY too much about this game. :|

How do you get that mission, "Not Forged in Light"? Ive done everything else pretty much and have yet to see it.

You have to find all three ghosts in the daily heroic called Paradox (there are instructions how to do this, it's a bit a journey unto itself) and then turn the "Cult Ghost" into FWC. Then you have to wait about a week (no shit) and pledge loyalty to FWC, donate them some stuff to up your rep, and then you'll be given the quest chain.

phen0m24

So my post from yesterday about only minimal changes from normal to hard...

Hmm. If Drizzy says
it sucks
, what to play tonight....

Fig, want to farm for more cloaks? :)

Wow, pretty bullshit. Die at the end of HM Sisters. Spawns me after the loot chest disappears so I don't get anything.
Clap clap game designers.

If there was nothing on the ground then you just didn't get a HM drop. I didn't get a HM drop either (only 2 shards because I didn't do NM beforehand). It's a known issue that several of us encountered.

In the bone group and post there but rarely get responses. Kind of a clique atmosphere IMO

Hmm, I haven't noticed that but I think it can just be hard to get responses some times because there's not that many active GAF players on there and on top of that it seems like half of them are EuroGAF and play at a different time than the USA players. (I will say I post in there pretty frequently and there's plenty of times I've posted looking to see if people want to run IB or whatever and not got a response cause everyone was busy or not looking at the website)

Sort of a self-defeating cycle if people check bungie.net and feel that way and then don't check the group though (this game desperately needs in-game support for the clan system to help people out who aren't on PS4, would reduce the barrier a lot.)

highly doubt anyone will reject you in that group or the100.io group if you put your name on a list for a scheduled raid, I don't think people are trying to be cliquey even if it feels that way.

Klyka

Banned
IT'S THE END

the-end-of-the-world-logo.jpg

MechDX

Hmm, I haven't noticed that but I think it can just be hard to get responses some times because there's not that many active GAF players on there and on top of that it seems like half of them are EuroGAF and play at a different time than the USA players. (I will say I post in there pretty frequently and there's plenty of times I've posted looking to see if people want to run IB or whatever and not got a response cause everyone was busy or not looking at the website)

Sort of a self-defeating cycle if people check bungie.net and feel that way and then don't check the group though (this game desperately needs in-game support for the clan system to help people out who aren't on PS4, would reduce the barrier a lot.)

highly doubt anyone will reject you in that group or the100.io group if you put your name on a list for a scheduled raid, I don't think people are trying to be cliquey even if it feels that way.

There are raid lists? Never seen one. Just post in the message area

Trakan

There's no raid gear I desperately want, so I guess chasing exotics through time gated content and doing Nightfalls is the endgame for me.

Like, I'll raid, but there's no Fatebringer to keep me interested. And I don't just mean because of elemental damage. The base archetypes of the guns are largely uninteresting or just less good than other legendaries.

Seriously. I might have understood taking off primary elemental damage if the weapons were insane. Not only is there no element, but they're all pretty shitty. Now I'll be chasing a perfect FB/Vision from strikes.

Is this what you wanted, Luke?

inthrall

Seriously. I might have understood taking off primary elemental damage if the weapons were insane. Not only is there no element, but they're all pretty shitty. Now I'll be chasing a perfect FB/Vision from strikes.

Is this what you wanted, Luke?

The scout, machine gun, pulse and sniper are all good. If you don't want them, you don't have to get them. Whats the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom