• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
As of right now I am the only one who can hit Orry the hardest and even then I am underleveled as well. I love a challenge.

iFnwQdTBXs29p.gif

k1t4j

Hard mode raid done up until oryx got one light level increase, by one light level I don't mean a full 308 to 309 either....

This was my haul

Totems
Shards

War priest
305 LMG
310 Sniper

Golgoroth
307 Boots
shards

Sisters
310 chest
Shards

Bungie please?

I went from 308 to 309 by infusing a 307 spindle to 310 and 300 boots to 307

Bungie please? where is your smart loot......

blackflag

So consensus is do normal first right? That's what it seems like with the run I was on. I had already done NOrmal and I got.

312 fusion
315machine gun
314 legs
315 mark
Didn't kill Oryx

Others that didn't do normal got double normal drops.

That seems messed up.

So consensus is do normal first right? That's what it seems like with the run I was on. I had already done NOrmal and I got.

312 fusion
315machine gun
314 legs
315 mark
Didn't kill Oryx

That seems messed up.

Nah, it's not so much double normal drops as it's possible to get 310 Heroic Mode drops and 310 normal mode drops. It's not glitches AFAIK, so doing HM would be faster.

312 fusion
315machine gun
314 legs
315 mark
Didn't kill Oryx

That seems messed up.

Wait. Seriously? Ugh.

Namikaze1

Huge shout out to Jigga, Unstable, Afro, Drizzay, and Breezy for the two runs. Sorry about going silent during most of Oryx in the second run. Both controller and mic were dying. Only had a single charger close to me and I chose to charge my DS4 over the mic.

BraXzy

My group has given up on Oryx. We gave it a couple hours but we just weren't getting there. We had everything down, we just weren't doing damage quick enough to kill the ogres and the knights and get to Oryx. Life.

I was 311, everyone else was 309.

k1t4j

Well I was shit out of luck with HM drops and won't even bother with HM Oryx, I'll try and do Normal Oryx only and see if I get anything 310 that i can infuse....

nowai

Need one more for hard mode King's Fall.

Normal mode experience and at least 305 please.

PSN: sunvsthemoon

Edit: Full, thanks.

Huge shout out to Jigga, Unstable, Afro, Drizzay, and Breezy for the two runs. Sorry about going silent during most of Oryx in the second run. Both controller and mic were dying. Only had a single charger close to me and I chose to charge my DS4 over the mic.

It was a good run~ I like to think of you being micless as a challenge heh.

Also, shaderless harrowed looks cool I guess. Better than that neon green shader.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
didn't expect this from you kadey...seriously...i'm fucking crazy to be up at 5am for the raid and you just start without me giving my spot to someone else...

Where were you when everybody got together? And based on what you said in PSN you already ran it with a group. Made it really clear Mupod was a spotter. And I was waiting in orbit for nearly an hour. Mupod actually hesitated to join us but you supposedly weren't around.

So watching Dattos stream, there was a moment where Oryx literally just froze in place, the blight orbs glitched out and didn't work, that's pretty funny.

Where were you when everybody got together? And based on what you said in PSN you already ran it with a group. Made it really clear Mupod was a spotter. And I was waiting in orbit for nearly an hour. Mupod actually hesitated to join us but you supposedly weren't around.

in orbit. waiting for a party invite, would have joined in any case but i was looking at the psn messages - there was no reply from anyone except save.

so what if i ran it before, that doesn't imply i won't run again....

could have just asked in psn message if i was NOT running it...would have given my spot to mupod or igor if someone had asked....but you just went ahead ignoring....

you said 8pm est and i was on at that time...how the heck was i not around?

sensui-tomo

I know this is like finding a needle in the haystack, anyone here up for fighting oryx (normal raid) ? I couldnt finish with my group last night (got late) I know the in and outs for the level, just looking to get it out of the way (i'm a warlock 300 ) psn SensuiTomo .
I'd need a whole group for this one.

Namikaze1

So watching Oryx' stream, there was a moment where Oryx literally just froze in place, the blight orbs glitched out and didn't work, that's pretty funny.
There was a moment where Oryx didn't staggered for me and the message saying everyone has detonated their bombs never popped up for. Yet somehow we got all four bombs. I left mine as soon as I saw Afro leaving his.

Avalon304

No. Elemental primaries are being left behind. They had the distinct and undesirable property of limiting a broad weapon sandbox to a few weapons.

You're free to disagree, but I strongly prefer the breadth of arsenal options, the potential of finding a better Legendary than you have to being stuck because of a damage color.

Additionally, no Legendary weapons with damage colors has the property of making secondaries and heavies more important because of their damage color.

I dont want to say youre wrong... but well... you are actually wrong.

People didnt use the Fatebringer all the time because it was Arc... they didnt use the VoC or Fang because they had elements... they used them because they were really good weapons. A hand cannon with decent impact, a good mag size, and outlaw and firefly? That was a no brainer. And if I got an Imago Loop with the Fatebringer perks... Id drop my Hawkmoon in a heartbeat...

Yes, the elemental burns, played a small part in it, but if you had taken them away, people still would have used those guns, because they were really really good.

But... you wanna know why people only used a small amount of elemental primaries? Because you only made like 15 of them... and of that number only a few of them (see aforementioned guns) werent hot garbage.

The solution to "people are only using a small amount of primaries" is not to take the burns away from the primaries that exist... its to let EVERY legendary primary randomly roll an elemental burn, just like every other legendary special and heavy weapon in the game... if the pool of elemental primaries hadnt been so limited in the first place... people would have been using a variety of weapons because there was actually a variety to use.

the_id

Who wants to try the hard mode raid with me? I'm 304 ATM and don't think I'll get far but keen to try.
And I'm a super-SCRUB.

PSN: the_id

1. The_id

There was a moment where Oryx didn't staggered for me and the message saying everyone has detonated their bombs never popped up for. Yet somehow we got all four bombs. I left mine as soon as I saw Afro leaving his.

Yeah, there were definitely some glitchy parts . Alot of times I thought the ogre had die but then I heard that it was still alive and what not ._.

Still though, could've been worse lol.

sensui-tomo

Who wants to try the hard mode raid with me? I'm 304 ATM and don't think I'll get far but keen to try.
And I'm a super-SCRUB.

PSN: the_id

1. The_id

Sure why not, i'm up for dieing, I'll send ya a message on psn. I'm 300 and username is SensuiTomo

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks to the group I ran with last night. Sorry I had to leave during sisters but I was so tired. Only got a few hours sleep now. I had a great time with everyone though. As for hard mode itself I'm not really sure... The only thing I can say for sure at the moment is that it is 100% not okay that it's possible to get absolutely nothing from totems (and sisters) apparently. Finishing up totems after we worked hard on it and actually getting nothing is super crazy. No idea how that could seem okay to bungie. Other than that I guess it's grind for gear to get over 310 (309 now) and then down Oryx and never go back. So sleepy....

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
in orbit. waiting for a party invite, would have joined in any case but i was looking at the psn messages - there was no reply from anyone except save.

so what if i ran it before, that doesn't imply i won't run again....

could have just asked in psn message if i was NOT running it...would have given my spot to mupod or igor if someone had asked....but you just went ahead ignoring....

you said 8pm est and i was on at that time...how the heck was i not around?

Sorry. I don't send party invites. People just appear. You can still run it with us again for second run.

And I got a 315 shell. I am now 310. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom