• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
So hows HM KF so far? Doesn't look like I will get to it this weekend which sucks as it was really cool getting NM KF done so early. Was the first raid I had completed before it went on farm mode for everyone. Quite satisfying.

They got double normal drops because you can get two drops at some spots in Normal. If you haven't done NM this week you'll still get shards at each drop, as part of your normal loot. You can also get a class item and a shotgun from Normal Daughters, for example.

The NM and HM drops are completely separate in KF. The catch is that you can literally get nothing as your HM drop. So if you've run NM this week some HM loot chests might be completely empty. Happened to me at Totems and Daughters. Not even wormspore. Fun.

Yeah.

Since Moldering Shards aren't able to 'drop' through hard mode, that means that it's possible that you can get nothing from completing a hard mode boss. Some bosses have the ability to drop 2 things at once(Oryx, Chest before Warpriest, Sisters) as they always have had.

Seems like it's confirmed that if you do normal before Hard every boss drops an item. Everyone in my group has been getting an item and we all did normal.

Nope. You can absolutely get 0 drops from HM encounters if you already did NM. Happened to me twice, you guys were just lucky :p

HM Oryx is guaranteed to drop something though, doesn't use shards.

Arrrammis

Looking for one more for a fresh hard raid. Just planning on going through totems and maybe warpriest for the easy drops, we'll kill Go
thalion
if the group is doing well. Pref 305+, but a good attitude is much more important!
PSN: Arrrammis

P.S. if anyone has the hard totems checkpoint that they could hand out, we will be eternally grateful!

2real4tv

Looking for one more for a fresh hard raid. Just planning on going through totems and maybe warpriest for the easy drops, we'll kill Go
thalion
if the group is doing well. Pref 305+, but a good attitude is much more important!
PSN: Arrrammis

P.S. if anyone has the hard totems checkpoint that they could hand out, we will be eternally grateful!
I have Warpriest.

1 Me

Need a team start at warpriest

loki 16

Seems like it's confirmed that if you do normal before Hard every boss drops an item. Everyone in my group has been getting an item and we all did normal.

So even if you do normal raid you still get drops? I was watching some streamers that din't get drops?

So hows HM KF so far? Doesn't look like I will get to it this weekend which sucks as it was really cool getting NM KF done so early. Was the first raid I had completed before it went on farm mode for everyone. Quite satisfying.

Meh. It's not HM Scrota bad but it's not good either. Basically the same as NM except for steep under-leveling at Oryx. Some small changes here and there but nothing interesting. Loot table is really bad. Better hope upon every lucky star you have to actually get your character leveled up.

Silvard

A friend and I are putting together a fresh Hard Mode KF raid, starting now. We're going to go as far as we can manage, let's that sweet loot!

1. SilvardCT
2. elfokel

purg3

slept with Malkin
Made it up to Oryx

Got 320 Defiance
316 gloves
303 boots
310 ghost shell
Daughters chest dropped a 305 shotgun and a 303 Titan mark...

6YAUUI4.jpg

Edit: for example see post above ^

So even if you do normal raid you still get drops? I was watching some streamers that din't get drops?

Doing NM first doesn't affect your HM drops. They're separate. You can get nothing from HM so if they'd done NM already that's why those streamers got nothing.

Meh. It's not HM Scrota bad but it's not good either. Basically the same as NM except for steep under-leveling at Oryx. Some small changes here and there but nothing interesting. Loot table is really bad. Better hope upon every lucky star you have to actually get your character leveled up.

Hm, maybe it's not such a bad thing my destiny time is cut right back for another 2-3 weeks. When I return it should be on farm mode. The loot sounds bad, I had beyond terrible luck on my two characters in normal mode. Constant drops at 300 was bullshit.

Do you mind spoiler tagging the main changes to the main encounters? Or a link if you know of one, I thought it'd be up on reddit but doesn't seem to be unless it's buried in the megathread.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Even with the non Oryx bosses you can feel the light level requirement. DPS isn't the main problem as people are dying because of being one shoted or so. Every precision hit really counts for us at least.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Hm, maybe it's not such a bad thing my destiny time is cut right back for another 2-3 weeks. When I return it should be on farm mode. The loot sounds bad, I had beyond terrible luck on my two characters in normal mode. Constant drops at 300 was bullshit.

Do you mind spoiler tagging the main changes to the main encounters? Or a link if you know of one, I thought it'd be up on reddit but doesn't seem to be unless it's buried in the megathread.

No checkpoint for ship jumping
Warpriest gets a different taken attack depending on which pillar he burns
Golgi one random person gets a debuff in the light pool that aoe explodes so they have to move away
Sisters phase 2 starts instantly
Oryx new Kights spawn after killing ogres that try to destroy the light balls
The end

Even with the non Oryx bosses you can feel the light level requirement. DPS isn't the main problem as people are dying because of being one shoted or so. Every precision hit really counts for us at least.

Yeah. And I hate that. Instead of making a fight mechanically challenging, they just make it artificially challenging because of light level.

To be honest, I'm glad it's this and not what a lot of other people were guessing.

Elemental primaries being gone is a big mistake. The outcry will be huge and they'll get brought back eventually. No reason to do Trials anymore. It sounds like there's no reason to do hard raid either though. Why do I want to hit 320? Just to make hard Raid easier, where the weapons are mostly shitty?

I don't get it.

I don't get it either, the only reason to do HM right now, would be to be higher level at Trials, but without elemental primaries, that's not even worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom