• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's up for Normal King's Fall PS4 at 9/9:30 ET:

That's right, Normal. Whether you were screwed by 300 drops, want to clear the normal so Hard doesn't screw with you or you're new to the Raid, you're all welcome.

Be forewarned, I'll have two sisters/Oryx newbies with me, but we're all well-geared:

1. JohnOfMars (me)
2. Friend 1
3. Friend 2

Leave your PSN here.

That's right, Normal. Whether you were screwed by 300 drops, want to clear the normal so Hard doesn't screw with you or you're new to the Raid, you're all welcome.

Be forewarned, I'll have two sisters/Oryx newbies with me, but we're all well-geared:

1. JohnOfMars (me)
2. Friend 1
3. Friend 2

Leave your PSN here.
I'm down!
PSN: g3ud0

I don't send party invites. People just appear. You can still run it with us again for second run.

And I got a 315 shell. I am now 310. :)

The point is I was online at 8pm est when we were supposed to start. No one but save posted in psn that he was ready in orbit, everyone else was just discussing loot drops. I'm looking at messages and tried to join to find you're full. This was 2-3 minutes after 8pm.

no message in chat, on gaf, nothing. just assumed i'm not joining?

i would have had the courtesy to inform in chat or here if i was going to be late, which i wasn't; or not going to run.

saying i can run later doesn't make this right. i'm not one to get mad or angry but i'm really pissed right now.

Anyone want to help me wrap up normal Oryx for this week? Look to take care of it quick then get to hard mode haha.

I am happy to take care of the platforming

PSN AdmiralMidget

loki 16

1. JohnOfMars (me)
2. Friend 1
3. Friend 2

Leave your PSN here.
I'll do it PSN futbol_dude77

I dont want to say youre wrong... but well... you are actually wrong.

People didnt use the Fatebringer all the time because it was Arc... they didnt use the VoC or Fang because they had elements... they used them because they were really good weapons. A hand cannon with decent impact, a good mag size, and outlaw and firefly? That was a no brainer. And if I got an Imago Loop with the Fatebringer perks... Id drop my Hawkmoon in a heartbeat...

Yes, the elemental burns, played a small part in it, but if you had taken them away, people still would have used those guns, because they were really really good.

But... you wanna know why people only used a small amount of elemental primaries? Because you only made like 15 of them... and of that number only a few of them (see aforementioned guns) werent hot garbage.

The solution to "people are only using a small amount of primaries" is not to take the burns away from the primaries that exist... its to let EVERY legendary primary randomly roll an elemental burn, just like every other legendary special and heavy weapon in the game... if the pool of elemental primaries hadnt been so limited in the first place... people would have been using a variety of weapons because there was actually a variety to use.

THIS so so so much!

Unstable

The point is I was online at 8pm est when we were supposed to start. No one but save posted in psn that he was ready in orbit, everyone else was just discussing loot drops. I'm looking at messages and tried to join to find you're full. This was 2-3 minutes after 8pm.

no message in chat, on gaf, nothing. just assumed i'm not joining?

i would have had the courtesy to inform in chat or here if i was going to be late, which i wasn't; or not going to run.

saying i can run later doesn't make this right. i'm not one to get mad or angry but i'm really pissed right now.

We got a free slot. You in?

Navy Bean

I've cleared the NM raid every week and because of terrible drops I'm still only 305 (I've only had the chest drop for me and twice got only shards from Oryx). Is that good enough to tackle HM at least through daughters?

Horohoro

Normal Mode

4 of us have check points at the aura swapping totems

We would prefer 2 ppl with experience.
Starting as soon as we get 2.
PSN: TechMemphis

Only 2 of us have finished it and 2 of us have made it partially through.

Willing to restart for experienced players

1.TechMemphis
2.Elit85
3.Knight613
4.Draysoth
5.?
6.?

I've cleared the NM raid every week and because of terrible drops I'm still only 305 (I've only had the chest drop for me and twice got only shards from Oryx). Is that good enough to tackle HM at least through daughters?

Yup, I made it up to Golgi with my 305 warlock before he dropped some drops.

LTWood12

Just confirming w/ you boys for our HM date in a couple hours:

1. LT
2. T-44
3. Hudson
4. Spyder_ur
5. Macello
6. Colonel

Let me know if you're still in

chur

Yup, you should be fine. Hopefully you'll get some good loot drops because I hear you need ~310 for Oryx.

E92 M3

Seems like it's confirmed that if you do normal before Hard every boss drops an item. Everyone in my group has been getting an item and we all did normal.

Seems like it's confirmed that if you do normal before Hard every boss drops an item. Everyone in my group has been getting an item and we all did normal.

Eh, my first run I got an HM item from every boss. Second time I ran it, some bosses dropped items some didn't.

It's just the same as Normal mode, sometimes you get something sometimes you don't.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Took my sons character through the raid for the first time today. Didn't wind up killing Oryx because the group was very weak.

Points to remember
- self appointed leader suggesting to always do damage to Warpriest in the middle section. Even when the right platform was where the Brand spawned. Leader insisting that you can hide behind any rock during Oculus blast. * maybe he is right but I was the only surviving guardian because I hid behind the right rune stone

- self appointed leader suggesting he run relic during Oryx. All he had to do first was switch to his Bones of Eoa.
"It will drop me down to 282 light but it will be fine."

- after a fireteam member leaving they recruited a 286 light guardian that had not tried the raid yet and wanted him to man a pillar without explanation.

- all I got through the entire raid was arms at Golgoroth and shards. My boy only moved up two light. Hopefully I can find a group to finish it up with.

Others that didn't do normal got double normal drops.

That seems messed up.

They got double normal drops because you can get two drops at some spots in Normal. If you haven't done NM this week you'll still get shards at each drop, as part of your normal loot. You can also get a class item and a shotgun from Normal Daughters, for example.

The NM and HM drops are completely separate in KF. The catch is that you can literally get nothing as your HM drop. So if you've run NM this week some HM loot chests might be completely empty. Happened to me at Totems and Daughters. Not even wormspore. Fun.

Kyoufu

Destiny Year 2 endgame has amounted to chasing Light Level, not the actual loot that drops, because in the name of "balance" nothing from the raid really stands out as a must have (except the Machine Gun :p).

Luke Smith, surely you see a problem with that too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom