• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out 1

Meh. It's not HM Scrota bad but it's not good either. Basically the same as NM except for steep under-leveling at Oryx. Some small changes here and there but nothing interesting. Loot table is really bad. Better hope upon every lucky star you have to actually get your character leveled up.

Hard to believe that one year in Bungie cannot get this right. With the introduction of 3oC, Destiny is slowly embracing the fact that it is a loot-based game, although the pool of weapons and armor is fairly limited. The raid, on the other hand, is light years behind.

Juraash

So what has GAFs general impressions of HM been today? What level seems about right to get into it? I'm 304 currently and debating whether I should just stick to normal for a few more weeks and see what light level I can manage to hit.

db66C8Z.gif

Warlock with Skull of Dire Alakazam can survive one HoS from Sunbreaker.

Deku Tree

So the Destiny endgame is about grinding for incremental increases in your light level and the closer you get to max level the more unlikely it becomes that you will get a better piece of gear that you need.

Got 319 boots but need 320 boots? Lol not gonna happen.

So what has GAFs general impressions of HM been today? What level seems about right to get into it? I'm 304 currently and debating whether I should just stick to normal for a few more weeks and see what light level I can manage to hit.

You can do HM raid till the sisters if you're 305 at minimum.

For oryx, you need to be 310 and above.

LTWood12

So the Destiny endgame is about grinding for incremental increases in your light level and the closer you get to max level the more unlikely it becomes that you will get a better piece of gear that you need.

You interested in maybe joining us later? Macello or Colonel may not make it.

Hard to believe that one year in Bungie cannot get this right. With the introduction of 3oC, Destiny is slowly embracing the fact that it is a loot-based game, although the pool of weapons and armor is fairly limited. The raid, on the other hand, is light years behind.

The sad part is there is no way to progressively, consistently get beyond 300 light without the raid. Legendaries and blues max out at 300 light, nightfall if rng is on your side you might get lucky for 310 legendaries, meaning that for people who dont raid theyll be stuck at a low light level unless rng is kind to them.

The only way to progress is literally rng. Before atleast you could work towards a vendor item to get you up. I feel bad for the peeps who cant raid frequently.

Just broke 311 on my Hunter, got a 310 Jade Rabbit, Suros, and Mask of the Third Man from 2 runs.

My alts won't be completing HM anytime soon as they're just feeding my main.

Kyoufu

The sad part is there is no way to progressively, consistently get beyond 300 light without the raid. Legendaries and blues max out at 300 light, nightfall if rng is on your side you might get lucky for 310 legendaries, meaning that for people who dont raid theyll be stuck at a low light level unless rng is kind to them.

The only way to progress is literally rng. Before atleast you could work towards a vendor item to get you up. I feel bad for the peeps who cant raid frequently.

I don't really feel like I'm progressing after raiding. Sure, my Light Level goes up (for now) but that's just a number. It's not exciting. I'm not having more fun in the game with each Light increase.

This is not fun.

So the raid loot continues to be both ugly and underwhelming. I can understand if they wanna get rid of elemental primaries but can we at least get some good perks on those weapons?

Also, who the heck wants cacoon on a primary weapon? Juggling cacoon weapons has not been proven to be effective at end game. The slot is completely completely wasted. Put a compelling perk in the first tree, desirable perks that are relevant to the weapon type in the middle tree and if it's that important have the last perk be random as it is now.

Can't believe they expected people to do a raid they want nothing from long term. This is a giant leap in the wrong direction

EL CUCO

I really really detest when I finish a full game and for my next match, I get put in a game in progress...its never a winning game either...not even close...ever.

A stand alone one point infusion material that costs some marks or something would be a nice addition. Like, I dunno, 25-50 marks for a one point increase.

Or perhaps generic infusion material can drop in raids as an option.

bitsurugi

Oryx down for the 3rd time, farm mode on :)

Huge shoutout to my amazing teammates for this feat: Wicked, ReignofSparrows, Derp, Iliniguy, Doppler, Ms and Escure. You guys are awesome! <3

Quick recap:

- 1st run all smooth sailing till Oryx. We started 30 mins late, had lots of DC issues on Doughters, No matter that Oryx went down really fast. Our group was 308/309. I would suggest 310 or more if not having the best thumb skilled players, but is definitely not a must, just helps a lot, for obvious reasons.

My advice for Oryx: nr 1 priority: stay alive!! No matter what. Do NM strat, if possible kill knights. Do not EVER die for a knight. You can do 1 more rotation, no biggies, if you detonate only 3 bombs.

- 2nd run: farm status: whole raid in less then 1h30mins, while going for chests and taking it easy. Was 311 and had a 317 sniper and i really felt the difference. Not as from 29 to 30 in the old days, but i could be more cocky in taking dmg, things got staggered faster etc.

- 3rd run: we had 2 new ppl, all smooth till Oryx. Last bit we almost oneshotted, but this fight is now made, that one tiny mistake will screw you over.

Best class for Oryx: sunsinger warlock. Having an ''extra life'' is a big deal in HM.

Don't give up, if you beat NM, you can beat HM. It's frustrating cause you can make no mistakes and this fight is significantly harder then the rest of the raid.

Loot is kinda buggy: i had 38 moldering shards and got no extra loot from Oryx. My guess the extra roll is only for NM loot table?!
Also: so depressing when you get a 310 armor piece from HM. They should start from at least 311.

313 ghost is the deal of the day, got one as well from Oryx. Oryx seems to drop any item from the raid, like the 20 shards roll from the NM mode.

Final thoughts: can agree with Drizz, HM is kinda of a let down, i expected so much more, since ''extra knight spawn'' is hardly a mechanic, also the warpriest and totems is pretty much the same. Still, NM King's Fall is amazing.

Definitelly looking out for the challenge modes, want those sexy emblems.

And good luck to you all, just keep going!

Ken

Time to wait for Etheric Light catch-up expansion.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Basically it's vanilla upgrade in terms of differences. Harder enemies and no revives. Was expecting something more epic like a Taken knight using a horn from a fallen guardian.

Silvard

A friend and I are putting together a fresh Hard Mode KF raid, starting now. We're going to go as far as we can manage, let's that sweet loot!

1. SilvardCT
2. elfokel
3. Godless_Pagan
4. coyquettish

We still need 2 more for HM KF, starting now!

I don't really feel like I'm progressing after raiding. Sure, my Light Level goes up (for now) but that's just a number. It's not exciting. I'm not having more fun in the game with each Light increase.

This is not fun.

This is the other issue. Its rng on top of rng. For golg, its rng on top of rngon top of rng.

For example, you kill golgoroth. First open one of two doors, one of the doors has 3 cups. Picked the right door? Pick 1 of 3 cups. Now pick a random number between 1-10. Congrats, you may or may not have a higher level chest than before.

As put, you have to win the lottery to get the drop that you need. Today I got 310 normal boots and 310 hard mode gloves. Its hilarious. The new light level system is a joke. You can do the raid, get a drop from every boss, and not progress despite that.

It's baffling to me how much they've struggled with raid loot tables and end game vertical progression. Most baffling is how much of a step back KF is from CE. Luke even posted here that he thought CE tables were in a good place. It makes no sense.

Stuff like 3oC is great. I got terrible loot drops in NM but at least I could grind out 3oC and Xur's exotic engrams. It's the only way I could get remotely prepped for HM. There's a huge problem if exotic engrams can't decrypt into 320 Light gear.

You literally get 15 dice rolls per week for vertical progression (3 characters, 5 raid drops). Bad luck? Too bad. You're done for the week. All 10 gear slots are fully RNG-dependent now, instead of only 3 (ghost, boots and class item). NM was capped at 300 so hitting 310 wasn't important. But HM goes to 320 and they've made vertical progression even worse.

Out 1

I have been raiding with my titan every single week and the only piece of gear that I got were the gauntlets. No heavy either. Honestly, I wouldn't complain about this if all the raid drops were set at 310 and 320 for NM and HM respectively.

This is the other issue. Its rng on top of rng. For golg, its rng on top of rngon top of rng.

For example, you kill golgoroth. First open one of two doors, one of the doors has 3 cups. Picked the right door? Pick 1 of 3 cups. Now pick a random number between 1-10 if heads. Congrats, you may or may not have a higher level chest than before.

As put, you have to win the lottery to get the drop that you need. Today I got 310 normal boots and 310 hard mode gloves. Its hilarious. The new light level system is a joke. You can do the raid, get a drop from every boss, and not progress despite that.

original.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom