• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

I love Destiny but I'm not willing to take part in this number chase.

I feel like I'm chasing pieces of crap to infuse with other pieces of crap to form the biggest piece of crap I can.

Oryx down for the 3rd time, farm mode on :)

Huge shoutout to my amazing teammates for this feat: Wicked, ReignofSparrows, Derp, Iliniguy, Doppler, Ms and Escure. You guys are awesome! <3

Quick recap:

- 1st run all smooth sailing till Oryx. We started 30 mins late, had lots of DC issues on Doughters, No matter that Oryx went down really fast. Our group was 308/309. I would suggest 310 or more if not having the best thumb skilled players, but is definitely not a must, just helps a lot, for obvious reasons.

My advice for Oryx: nr 1 priority: stay alive!! No matter what. Do NM strat, if possible kill knights. Do not EVER die for a knight. You can do 1 more rotation, no biggies, if you detonate only 3 bombs.

- 2nd run: farm status: whole raid in less then 1h30mins, while going for chests and taking it easy. Was 311 and had a 317 sniper and i really felt the difference. Not as from 29 to 30 in the old days, but i could be more cocky in taking dmg, things got staggered faster etc.

- 3rd run: we had 2 new ppl, all smooth till Oryx. Last bit we almost oneshotted, but this fight is now made, that one tiny mistake will screw you over.

Best class for Oryx: sunsinger warlock. Having an ''extra life'' is a big deal in HM.

Don't give up, if you beat NM, you can beat HM. It's frustrating cause you can make no mistakes and this fight is significantly harder then the rest of the raid.

Loot is kinda buggy: i had 38 moldering shards and got no extra loot from Oryx. My guess the extra roll is only for NM loot table?!
Also: so depressing when you get a 310 armor piece from HM. They should start from at least 311.

313 ghost is the deal of the day, got one as well from Oryx. Oryx seems to drop any item from the raid, like the 20 shards roll from the NM mode.

Final thoughts: can agree with Drizz, HM is kinda of a let down, i expected so much more, since ''extra knight spawn'' is hardly a mechanic, also the warpriest and totems is pretty much the same. Still, NM King's Fall is amazing.

Definitelly looking out for the challenge modes, want those sexy emblems.

And good luck to you all, just keep going!

You da MVP, Bits

Here's a video I took of our second run through the warpriest, come for me sounding like I'm talking to myself, stay for the BIG PLAYS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfy19K4TFxs

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think if you are at a certain light, you should never get any drops below it. It should be equal or higher. At least when it comes to exotics and legendaries.

^ Not too hard but you need one or two to help out with the minotaur fight.

Out 1

It's baffling to me how much they've struggled with raid loot tables and end game vertical progression. Most baffling is how much of a step back KF is from CE. Luke even posted here that he thought CE tables were in a good place. It makes no sense.

Stuff like 3oC is great. I got terrible loot drops in NM but at least I could grind out 3oC and Xur's exotic engrams. It's the only way I could get remotely prepped for HM. There's a huge problem if exotic engrams can't decrypt into 320 Light gear.

You literally get 15 dice rolls per week for vertical progression (3 characters, 5 raid drops). Bad luck? Too bad. You're done for the week. All 10 gear slots are fully RNG-dependent now, instead of only 3 (ghost, boots and class item). NM was capped at 300 so hitting 310 wasn't important. But HM goes to 320 and they've made vertical progression even worse.

Forgot most of my BSc Statistics, otherwise I would have calculated this, but I fear it is entirely probable to be playing every single week for the next 3-4 months and not hitting 320 light by the time the next DLC drops. Maybe there is still more to the endgame in TTK...

bitsurugi

Oh, one other thing, which imo needs a discussion:

raid armor. Those perks are... meh. The only one really good is the buddy system from gloves. Boots? Cool, but def not needed or a big help like oracle distruptor.

Chest? Useless. I thought it would be needed in HM, but boy... i see no use to it.

Head piece? Dunno, never drops.

(it's nothing that ordinary legendary does not have).

Just put a semi useful perk next raid, please! It takes like 2 seconds to think about it.

1 Do NM strat, if possible kill knights. Do not EVER die for a knight.

2 Best class for Oryx: sunsinger warlock. Having an ''extra life'' is a big deal in HM.

3 Loot is kinda buggy: i had 38 moldering shards and got no extra loot from Oryx. My guess the extra roll is only for NM loot table?!

4 Final thoughts: can agree with Drizz, HM is kinda of a let down, i expected so much more, since ''extra knight spawn'' is hardly a mechanic,

1) Great advice about the Knights. They are only red bar enemies so they die super quick anyway. Also each knight's pathing is directed towards the opposite side blight which means they always cross through the middle. E.g. Front left knight paths to front right blight.

2) Self-res has always been super important for under-leveled PvE. But Defenders are still raid kings. Having a I-WoL bubble in the middle essentially removes the under-leveling for taking down Ogres. Great for shade as well. Tethered Ogres and Shades are also a big help.

Realistically, people will die in under-leveled content. Self res is great. But staying alive is the #1 test for truly understanding an encounter.

3) Shards are only for NM loot drops. They aren't given out in HM and they aren't used for HM Oryx. HM Oryx loot is guaranteed.

4) The HM description in this week's Weekly Update was just flat out wrong. I really wish they hadn't posted that. I would have expected the same type of small changes as VoG and CE, which is what we got.

zewone

I dont want to say youre wrong... but well... you are actually wrong.

People didnt use the Fatebringer all the time because it was Arc... they didnt use the VoC or Fang because they had elements... they used them because they were really good weapons. A hand cannon with decent impact, a good mag size, and outlaw and firefly? That was a no brainer. And if I got an Imago Loop with the Fatebringer perks... Id drop my Hawkmoon in a heartbeat...

Yes, the elemental burns, played a small part in it, but if you had taken them away, people still would have used those guns, because they were really really good.

But... you wanna know why people only used a small amount of elemental primaries? Because you only made like 15 of them... and of that number only a few of them (see aforementioned guns) werent hot garbage.

The solution to "people are only using a small amount of primaries" is not to take the burns away from the primaries that exist... its to let EVERY legendary primary randomly roll an elemental burn, just like every other legendary special and heavy weapon in the game... if the pool of elemental primaries hadnt been so limited in the first place... people would have been using a variety of weapons because there was actually a variety to use.
I like you. I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

These drops are a total joke. 310 ghost? 311 machine gun across two runs?

Might as well just buy some lottery tickets and save myself the abuse of hearing a bunch of passive aggressive man children tell us how everybody in the team but them sucks, while they die 10 times.

Nope. Exact same stuff painted black. Can drop from 310-320 light instead of 300-310.

Bummer man thats really disappointing.

Kinda sick of chasing numbers. At least with year one when you got a drop it was always progression.

Doesnt seem worth it really, feels kinda of like skolas all over again

zewone

I don't really feel like I'm progressing after raiding. Sure, my Light Level goes up (for now) but that's just a number. It's not exciting. I'm not having more fun in the game with each Light increase.

This is not fun.
Ding ding ding.

The new end game sucks.

Need two more to do a fresh KF Normal run! Anyone who's interested can join

1. thebigmanjosh (PSN: joshcbrugby)
2. friend
3. friend
4. Xion385

Kyoufu

How is it worse than before?

In VoG and CE I was chasing loot to make my whole Destiny experience better by using said loot in every area of the game. In KF I'm chasing numbers... why? Why am I chasing numbers? I'm certainly not chasing the raid's Scout Rifle or Rocket Launcher. I'm not chasing any of the weapons or armour because they do nothing for me in the entire game. Increasing my Light Level only benefits me when doing Oryx. Okay? Why am I doing Oryx in the first place? For the great loot? No? Then why should I care?

bitsurugi

So about the artifact... Are we stuck at 310 or can we expect a new quest or something?

Artifact slot needs serious love from Bungie. Not just the number, but basically as of now, you are ''stuck'' with the quest one, can't ever get a replacement. Got forbid you dismantle it by mistake....

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Artifact slot needs serious love from Bungie. Not just the number, but basically as of now, you are ''stuck'' with the quest one, can't ever get a replacement. Got forbid you dismantle it by mistake....
It would be nice if they make Court of Oryx relevant by giving us > 310 artifact drops.

In VoG and CE I was chasing loot to make my whole Destiny experience better by using said loot in every area of the game. In KF I'm chasing numbers... why? Why am I chasing numbers? I'm certainly not chasing the raid's Scout Rifle or Rocket Launcher. I'm not chasing any of the weapons or armour because they do nothing for me in the entire game. Increasing my Light Level only benefits me when doing Oryx. Okay? Why am I doing Oryx in the first place? For the great loot? No? Then why should I care?

Got it, thanks. I quit (until TTK) after doing VoG a few times so I wasn't sure what y'all meant.

zewone

How is it worse than before?
Before you just needed the boots, or helmet or whatever to drop to get max level. Now you have to hope its the boots or ghost or class item and you have to pray to all the Gods that it's 320 vs 310-319. So its the exact same RNG but they added ghosts and class items to the mix and on top of that, even if you get the item you need it might not even be higher light than what you already have.
The endgame sucks and the crucible is terrible... I wonder if I will finally start playing other games.
Yep. They ruined PvP. I like the raid but the loot sucks and HM is almost the exact same as NM. Huge disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom