• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
In VoG and CE I was chasing loot to make my whole Destiny experience better by using said loot in every area of the game. In KF I'm chasing numbers... why? Why am I chasing numbers? I'm certainly not chasing the raid's Scout Rifle or Rocket Launcher. I'm not chasing any of the weapons or armour because they do nothing for me in the entire game. Increasing my Light Level only benefits me when doing Oryx. Okay? Why am I doing Oryx in the first place? For the great loot? No? Then why should I care?

ThIs is a great point. There is nothing to pursue in the end game other than the ability to more efficiently kill Oryx.

Drops in year 1 endgame had their fair share of criticism, but at least there were numerous coveted weapons and armor with game changing perks. Everything feels so watered down leaving you with little drive to continue.

SeanR1221

Made it to oryx and stopped. Not terrible drops but not great either.

- 320 fusion (into my spindle)
- 315 sniper (into my 1000 yard stare)
- 310 boots (meh but my boots were 307)
- 290 Monte Carlo from the penis pump chest (shard)

I'm now 309. I probably won't beat oryx for another couple weeks :/

zewone

Not sure if serious... or sarcastic...
No, I totally agree with you. I've been trying to preach that people ran FB and VoC because they were awesome. Elements were icing on the cake.

There's a reason Tread Upon Stars is Luke Smith's favorite primary...

How is it worse than before?

There us nothing to chase after except numbers.

There is not a single raid weopon worth your grind time.

We used to.pass around templar cp just for a shot at fatebringer

Would cheer for anyone who got black hammer or ghorn from crota.

Loot drops used to be an event, that even when you were getting shat on by rng, you still hunted for it each and every week.

There is nothing to get excited about anymore.

Oh look i got a piece if armor that raised my light by a tenth of a point, how exciting...

I dont know if its burnout or what, but im really struggling to come up with reasons to log in everyday.

That time gated ntte was something that hit me pretty bad. Becuase i didnt do the daily one day, i now have to wait for an unspecified amount of time to get a chance at it.

And before anyone gets on my case for this, i have been playing this game since beta, totally devoted a full year to this, and defended this game against haters all that time. Dgaf can back me up.

Its just not that fun anymore

In VoG and CE I was chasing loot to make my whole Destiny experience better by using said loot in every area of the game. In KF I'm chasing numbers... why? Why am I chasing numbers? I'm certainly not chasing the raid's Scout Rifle or Rocket Launcher. I'm not chasing any of the weapons or armour because they do nothing for me in the entire game. Increasing my Light Level only benefits me when doing Oryx. Okay? Why am I doing Oryx in the first place? For the great loot? No? Then why should I care?

Maybe when people realize this we can get some good content again but I doubt it. I remember getting cool weapons like the Fatebringer or Black Hammer in raids. Now I just get trash to infuse with.

KanameYuuki

Something I find really weird is that I usually do the ships part on like 1-2 attempts but on hard I was not able to do it with my warlock and struggled so much with my hunter.

Kyoufu

Maybe when people realize this we can get some good content again but I doubt it. I remember getting cool weapons like the Fatebringer or Black Hammer in raids. Now I just get trash to infuse with.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Bungie saw the "i use the same weapon loadout all the time!" complaints (I've complained about that a lot in Year 1) and decided to just "balance" every raid drop so that nothing is too good to the point where it dominates your equipped item slots.

The problem they created is that all that loot people are chasing is just being infused into something else because it isn't good enough to use otherwise.

Getting drops in the raid is not exciting and that for me and hopefully the guys at Bungie who have played other games like WoW, Diablo etc is a big problem that needs to be addressed in future content. Am I calling for overpowered weapons? No, but I want to feel good about getting certain drops again.

sensui-tomo

anyone looking for oryx normal? otherwise i'll looks for a group (tried HM raid... i need a higher light level it seems) just need to kill the boss .

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Let's say a top player has never gotten lucky enough to get pass 305 and he runs into a scrub who had enough luck to get to 320. The scrub isn't a total scrub, just average. They meet in trials. Who would you bet on?

If Luke is being totally honest and they wanted people to use all of the guns, then they should have had elemental shards to infuse what you want. If they secretly thought the they were trivializing the content, then they're gone forever.

Kyoufu

Another thing I'd like to not be repeated in future raids is encounters that are too linear and scripted to the point where no matter how good you are the experience is always the same.

Oryx, I'm looking at you.

zewone

Let's say a top player has never gotten lucky enough to get pass 305 and he runs into a scrub who had enough luck to get to 320. The scrub isn't a total scrub, just average. They meet in trials. Who would you bet on?

Trials and IB light level is not that big of a difference.

joku2002

Neo Member
No. Elemental primaries are being left behind. They had the distinct and undesirable property of limiting a broad weapon sandbox to a few weapons.

You're free to disagree, but I strongly prefer the breadth of arsenal options, the potential of finding a better Legendary than you have to being stuck because of a damage color.

Additionally, no Legendary weapons with damage colors has the property of making secondaries and heavies more important because of their damage color.

Then wouldn't the answer to that have been instead of removing elemental perks from primary weapons all together you just make it a random possibility on all primary weapons. That solves the limited load out problem right there and adds another bit of excitement to loot dropping. Also you could have made it so if you can infuse for element or attack that would have been fun to. But i guess its easier just to not think of fun and instead think of how to just remove options for the people playing your game.

Out 1

Yep. They ruined PvP. I like the raid but the loot sucks and HM is almost the exact same as NM. Huge disappointment.

I enjoy the raid as well (Oryx fight is too rigid). Though we will grow tired of it in few weeks.

With the current state of PVP-meta, I am not looking forward to Trials. Iron Banner was simply frustrating. I'm sure the Trials are going to be better as the maps are more suited towards 3v3, but surely not HoW levels of fun.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member

Trials and IB light level is not that big of a difference.

Depends.... If the difference is enough to make a 3 hit kill into a 4 hit kill then it's still something. You only have to survive by a sliver of health to win an encounter. I'll agree that the difference is small but that's often enough in PvP.

If Luke is being totally honest and they wanted people to use all of the guns, then they should have had elemental shards to infuse what you want. If they secretly thought the they were trivializing the content, then they're gone forever.

By removing elemental properties from primaries , my arsenal went from 6 raid weopons down to just hung jury pretty much

Kinda of the opposite of what luke had in mind really

Rainmaker

Banned
Honestly, I haven't even had the time to finish a normal mode raid. Now the light level is upped and there's a hard mode raid. Nah thanks. It's a constant chase I'm not into. This new light level system isn't really cool and all of the guns are blah.

someday

Banned
Someone on Reddit a while ago had the idea to use etheric light to infuse a primary weapon with an element. I suppose it could be up to rng to decide which element you got but you could roll until you got the one you wanted. It would solve this issue of having specific weapons that everyone wants and also give people a reason to run PoE.

zewone

Depends.... If the difference is enough to make a 3 hit kill into a 4 hit kill then it's still something. You only have to survive by a sliver of health to win an encounter. I'll agree that the difference is small but that's often enough in PvP.
In that scenario, the time to kill would not change.

Kyoufu

Then wouldn't the answer to that have been instead of removing elemental perks from primary weapons all together you just make it a random possibility on all primary weapons. That solves the limited load out problem right there and adds another bit of excitement to loot dropping. Also you could have made it so if you can infuse for element or attack that would have been fun to. But i guess its easier just to not think of fun and instead think of how to just remove options for the people playing your game.

Someone on Reddit a while ago had the idea to use etheric light to infuse a primary weapon with an element. I suppose it could be up to rng to decide which element you got but you could roll until you got the one you wanted. It would solve this issue of having specific weapons that everyone wants and also give people a reason to run PoE.

Honestly, I don't think bringing back elemental primaries is the answer.

To me, the solution to the current endgame problem is quite simple: design better, more interesting loot.

A primary weapon does not require one of the three elements to make it a good weapon. It needs a strong set of perks that justify the time spent chasing it in the highest tier content available.

bitsurugi

I might be alone in this, but i agree with Bungie/Luke on the non elemental primaries. Way better now.

Exotics on the other hand, are more then welcome to be primaries. That's what missed in Y1. No one use any exotic primary in pve, not just due to GGhorn, but also because fatebringer was OP, if you needed a long range weapon... VoC.

By removing elemental properties from primaries , my arsenal went from 6 raid weopons down to just hung jury pretty much

Kinda of the opposite of what luke had in mind really

Yeah Hung Jury is pve king atm. You could either go hand cannon or scout rifle before, scouts being better and better as you got further away but now that hand cannons have no range plus a handful of bullets in reserves. It's not even a choice.

Without burns it's all perks and if there's an easily acquirable gun with good perks everyone is gonna use that. I bet there are more Hung Jurys equipped now than there ever were Fatebringers.

zewone

So we were supposed to go on a date and you didn't arrived in time so I went with another guy. Love can't wait for too long.

HuiqMzc.png

Kyoufu

Also, real talk right here: The perks on 95% of the Legendary armour in the game are straight up, grade A BORING.

Why are Exotics the only pieces of gear that do anything remotely interesting?

GorillaJu

So at 303 light could I potentially get up to Warpriest, get a drop from him that brings me up to 305, and that'd be enough up to daughters?

lt519

Oryx in 2 hours. Oddly struggled at the warpriest but are doing fine with a 304, 303, and a 305. Three 308s to complement.

Gotten a 318 LMG, 318 shotgun, 314 boots

Oryx is going to be impossible at our LLs though.

Another thing I'd like to not be repeated in future raids is encounters that are too linear and scripted to the point where no matter how good you are the experience is always the same.

Oryx, I'm looking at you.

Ding ding ding.

KF design has cheese paranoia. So they make sure everyone has a very specific role. Stand exactly here during Warpriest... Golgoroth... Daughters... Oryx. You end up locked to this small pieces of geometry where most of your decisions as a player have already been made by the encounter design. Follow these steps exactly or no loot for you.

Don't fear the cheese Bungie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom