• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Ding ding ding.

KF design has cheese paranoia. So they make sure everyone has a very specific role. Stand exactly here during Warpriest... Golgoroth... Daughters... Oryx. You end up locked to this small pieces of geometry where most of your decisions as a player have already been made by the encounter design. Follow these steps exactly or no loot for you.

Don't fear the cheese Bungie.

But aren't there people doing Oryx with 2 or 3 men?

Anyone running normal KF tonight?

Ive done the encounters up till Oryx ive seen vids would just need a recap.

Also would love to kill Atheon if anyone has a cp.

Also, real talk right here: The perks on 95% of the Legendary armour in the game are straight up, grade A BORING.

Why are Exotics the only pieces of gear that do anything remotely interesting?

That's more a problem with Destiny. I think there's an intent to keep some semblance of balancing to accommodate pvp. In competing against someone it's pretty simple to figure out what they're running and plan around it if such a thing is possible. If people were running around with multiple wacky exotic tier effects like Borderlands then pvp is out the window. Even in pve it helps keep things in line. In Borderlands 2 there's an equivalent of raid bosses there that were designed to be taken out by a team in about 5 minutes. There are some gear and perk combinations that allow people to solo them in 30 seconds lol

So you'll take your increased auto rifle ammo and you'll love it.

someday

Banned
Honestly, I don't think bringing back elemental primaries is the answer.

To me, the solution to the current endgame problem is quite simple: design better, more interesting loot.

A primary weapon does not require one of the three elements to make it a good weapon. It needs a strong set of perks that justify the time spent chasing it in the highest tier content available.
A lot of people really liked and wanted more elemental primaries. They've been a part of the game since the beginning and they were fun. Besides, giving us the option to make any weapon elemental still fits in with Luke's concerns since we would all be choosing whichever weapon we wanted. There would still be variety.

Patience is a virtue. Also, I was not late. Own up to that at least.

I'm at oryx btw,,,so keep on waiting :p

People want those extra light points to um....kill Oryx in the hopes of getting more light to um kill him again.Also did bungie seriously just remove the quiver perk as a bandaid to the glitch.They have seriously gimped hunters in pvp this expansion while they "look at data" when it comes to thor hammer gods.

GorillaJu

Diablo has a pretty large breadth of usable builds that are based on item mechanics differentiating how you play. Each class really only has 2 viable builds max, though. And leveling up a new class to enjoy flavor of the month status is easy in Diablo. No way in hell I'd delete my hunter to make a Wizard in Destiny

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Ok just need 2 more

Hard Mode Kings fall. Up all night edition. Someone correct me but 305+ is recommended?

1. Me (androo2300) 308
2. Ozone 306
3. Inthrall
4. RexNovis 306
5. ?
6. ?

Magik

Were starting a fresh one to go through sisters, psn rarbusto, should be able to do it in 1 q/2

If you still have room I'd like to join. I've progressed through to the sisters on my Hunter so I have a good feel for the HM.

x_Magik_ox 305 Warlock

Avalon304

I might be alone in this, but i agree with Bungie/Luke on the non elemental primaries. Way better now.

Exotics on the other hand, are more then welcome to be primaries. That's what missed in Y1. No one use any exotic primary in pve, not just due to GGhorn, but also because fatebringer was OP, if you needed a long range weapon... VoC.

People used the Fatebringer because it was a really good gun. It being Arc meant very little in nearly every piece of content outside of Arc Burn Nightfalls. If the Fatebringer had been a nonelemental primary from the get go, with all of the other stats the same, it still would have been the best non-exotic hand cannon in the game at the time, and people still would have used it.

Primaries having elements arent the problem. Having an element means nothing outside of 'burned' Nightfalls. I used my Fatebringer constantly... even when I was in a burn other than Arc... because it was just THAT good. Like I said before... if in Year 2, I got an Imago Loop, with Outlaw and Firefly... I would drop my Hawkmoon (which is the only Primary I currently use anyway, so, so much for variety), in an instant, because an Imago Loop with Outlaw and Firefly would be a Year 2 Fatebringer without Arc. (Plox Destiny RNG... drop me my Year 2 Fatebringer...)

The problem with people only using certain weapons was a combination of the fact that there werent many elemental primaries to begin with, and of that very small pool only a few of them were worth using.

By my count, just quickly, off the top of my head... there were 16 possible elemental lengendary primaries in the game during Year 1. 4 from the Vault of Glass, 4 from Crota's End, 4 from the Prison of Elders and 4 from the Trials of Osiris...

Of those 16? 3 of them were S-tier: the Fatebringer, the Vision of Confluence and the Fang of Ir Yut. After that the rest of them were pretty much hot garbage. And if none of them had had elements... the 3 S-tiers... still would have been S-tiers...

So you made a pool of 16 guns, where only 3 of them were any good, and youre blaming the element and not the sample size as the problem? So when Luke Smith says "Having elemental primaries shoehorned people into only using certain weapons and hindered variety" hes wrong. He is actually literally wrong. The actual problem was having TOO FEW elemental primaries and making even fewer of them really really good guns.

To solve the problem, you introduce MORE elemental primaries, by letting every legendary primary in the game roll a random element, just like every other legendary weapon in the game...

I bet right now more people are using the vender bought Hung Jury than there were people using a Fatebringer in Year 1. Why? Because the Hung Jury is pretty much a god tier weapon... I hate scout rifles with a passion and even Im willing to acknowledge that.

Kyoufu

That's more a problem with Destiny. I think there's an intent to keep some semblance of balancing to accommodate pvp. In competing against someone it's pretty simple to figure out what they're running and plan around it if such a thing is possible. If people were running around with multiple wacky exotic tier effects like Borderlands then pvp is out the window. Even in pve it helps keep things in line. In Borderlands 2 there's an equivalent of raid bosses there that were designed to be taken out by a team in about 5 minutes. There are some gear and perk combinations that allow people to solo them in 30 seconds lol

So you'll take your increased auto rifle ammo and you'll love it.

Indeed.

The fact that primary ammo increasing perks even exist is silly lol. Like, have you ever thought to yourself "Man, I could reeeeeeally do with more pulse rifle ammo reserves!" ? I sure haven't.

I'm curious to see where Bungie takes Legendary gear in Destiny 2. They can't stick with the same formula because it's very, very boring.

RexNovis

Banned
Ok lets see if this can get off the ground...

Hard Mode Kings fall. Up all night edition. Someone correct me but 305+ is recommended?

1. Me (androo2300) 308
2. Ozone 306
3. Inthrall
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

I can hop on my 306 hunter
Nvm won't have enough time. Don't wanna bail on y'all halfway through

Lukes comments on elemental primary are pretty bad. To see hwo bad, the majority of Crotas elemental primaries weren't that great, they had bad perks.

hyp

Ok just need 2 more

1. Me (androo2300) 308
2. Ozone 306
3. Inthrall
4. RexNovis 306
5. hypoetical 307
6. ?

I'd like to give it a try with my 307 Warlock. PSN: hypoetical

Lukes comments on elemental primary are pretty bad. To see hwo bad, the majority of Crotas elemental primaries weren't that great, they had bad perks.

Yeah I disagree with him as well. The only reason I did HM Crota was for the Arc Scout (only good weapon from HM tbh). And elemental primaries was the only reason I did Trials as well.

But it's whatever I guess. ;-;

Odd request but we're doing an alt run for HM KF up until Warpriest.

So we're going to be stopping after we beat Warpriest. Not sure if anyone's up for it but we need 1 Titan that's willing to help.

Ok just need 2 more

1. Me (androo2300) 308
2. Ozone 306
3. Inthrall
4. ?
5. hypoetical 307
6. ?

did they flip some kind of switch where exotics only decrypt at 310 if you're over 310 now?

i don't know if I'm having shit luck but every engram i decrypted today is 290.. did like 5 of them

im 306

edit: just did another one.. 290 crest of alpha lupin.. never had this string of 290's since hitting 300

inthrall

So we're going to be stopping after we beat Warpriest. Not sure if anyone's up for it but we need 1 Titan that's willing to help.

If my other group can't pull together two more, I can help you guys out

Out 1

my titan is 307 iirc. psn delamarch if you need me.

JackHerer

Damn I just got the last weapon I was chasing via 3oC: Zhalo. It's at 290 but I'll take it. Been grinding for this since the first week of TTK.

Now it's all about the 310 for 3oC I guess until they put more exotics in that pool.

But aren't there people doing Oryx with 2 or 3 men?

Oryx 2 man has been done but only by exploiting a loop hole in the encounter design. You basically bypass the majority of the mechanics with the help of Cheese-Locks self-res.

Usually you need 4 people minimum to form the platforms and run them for the relic. Normally you need the relic so you can steal the aura from the Vessel and survive the blight detonations. But, unlike most raid mechanics that can auto wipe teams (e.g. Oversoul in Crota), the exploding blights don't drain your super energy. So you can blow them up, die, self-res, and continue the fight.

EDIT: full for now

1. Me (androo2300) 308
2. Ozone 306
3. Inthrall
4. the id
5. hypoetical 307
6. Big manny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom