• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
ONE MORE

Hard Mode Kings fall. Up all night edition. Someone correct me but 305+ is recommended?

1. Me (androo2300) 308
2. Ozone 306
3. Inthrall
4. the id
5. hypoetical 307
6. ?

A 305 can do it up to golgoroth easily

after that it's a bit tougher but not impossible

Afrocious

Cleared HM twice. Took a two hour drive after and, while talking with a friend on the phone, I've come to the conclusion that HM is a disappointment. It also has the unfortunate result of revealing the worst of Destiny.

Vanilla's endgame was better than TTKs current state. I'll take #Forever29 over dealing with raid drops any day.

Cleared HM twice. Took a two hour drive after and, while talking with a friend on the phone, I've come to the conclusion that HM is a disappointment. It also has the unfortunate result of revealing the worst of Destiny.

Vanilla's endgame was better than TTKs current state. I'll take #Forever29 over dealing with raid drops any day.

A two hour drive? Damn you must've been shook after our Oryx attempts.

Yeah, it's a lame mess. Ugh.

GorillaJu

If you think having a fun raid and loads of stuff to do with variation in gameplay is worse than what we had in vanilla you should try taking off those rose colored glasses.

Dunk#7

EDIT: full for now

Hard Mode Kings fall. Up all night edition. Someone correct me but 305+ is recommended?

1. Me (androo2300) 308
2. Ozone 306
3. Inthrall
4. the id
5. hypoetical 307
6. Big manny

Still need one?

Edit: NVM you were typing your edit as I responded

does anyone have a strat for hard mode oryx

the main issue is the timing with the dumb fucking knights

Don't sweat the Knights too much. The #1 thing is nobody can die. Technically it's possible to keep going but realistically it won't happen. It's better to let a Knight eat one of the blights than to die while chasing him down.

That said, killing the Knights isn't too terrible. Only the last knight spawns super late. Prioritize the Ogres first but as long as everyone is killing them quickly you should also have time to work on the Knights. They can be killed in two sniper headshots, only red bar enemies after all. For example, if Oryx goes right first, kill the front right then front left Ogre. By then, the front left Knight will be up so kill him and the front right knight will be up and kill him around the time that the runner should have the relic.

Other important point is the Knights will run towards the Blight on the opposite side from them. So the front left knight will run towards the front right blight. This means they will always cross through the middle. It's much safer to get into the aura ASAP then team shoot them down real quick. Between the Centurion's axion darts, acolyte eyes, Oryx shooting, the Tomb ship etc it's very hard to stay alive long outside the aura.

If you think having a fun raid and loads of stuff to do with variation in gameplay is worse than what we had in vanilla you should try taking off those rose colored glasses.

you mean a linear raid with no player agency mechanics and loads of RNG to rng compared to vanilla where the gear you got was worth it

It's not rose colored glasses

every raid weapon having cocoon and a random boring perk fucking sucks.

Regular raid weapons looks like uncooked fish. Harrowed raid weapons look like cooked fish.

the revolver is a salmon

I got a 317 raid sniper, should I use it or infuse it into my 315 1000-yard?

What's the last perk on the sniper? Far right perk can be Perfectionist (garbage), life support (eh), firefly (decent), or hot swap (great for PvP). Honestly if you play PvP and that's your only raid sniper I'd keep it. Has crazy high aim assist.

If you don't care about PvP you could infuse it assuming the 1k YS is part of your HM Oryx load out. Being above 300* currently only matters for Trials, Iron Banner, and Hard Oryx.

Edit: above 310* since at least Golgi is 310. Not sure about Warpriest. For Daughters you only really need ToM.

Future

you mean a linear raid with no player agency mechanics and loads of RNG to rng compared to vanilla where the gear you got was worth it

the revolver is a salmon

Sounds like bungie should have put the exotic swords and gunsmith special weapons into the rng pool for people to chase. People aren't chasing everything because the base weapons are actually pretty good. Now instead of just xur, random drop, and raid gear.... There is gunsmith gear, vanguard quest gear, crucible quest gear, special daily heroic gear, and vendor weapons that have previously rare perks like firefly. The reality is there aren't enough hard locks or gameplay variation to demand all these tiers of loot. Go deep enough in one path and you start losing drive to go down the others

The new raid now is merely to upgrade your light a bit. And for what? To do the same raid content again. And again.

I'm actually surprised they didn't have a tier of content beyond the new raid. Like revamped super hard old raids, super hard old story missions and strikes, gear limited challenges, etc. I guess technically the new raid gives you light needed to do well in Trials, but that's for pvp elite... That are probably annoyed they need to depend on raid rng to have an equal playing field heh.

Are people destined to be disappointed with trials gear too? Probably

the revolver is a salmon

how is it any more linear than other raids?

and please don't say VoG had 2 paths to the templar and gorgons as an example lol

Huge shout out to Jigga, Unstable, Afro, Drizzay, and Breezy for the two runs. Sorry about going silent during most of Oryx in the second run. Both controller and mic were dying. Only had a single charger close to me and I chose to charge my DS4 over the mic.

It was a good run~ I like to think of you being micless as a challenge heh..

Couple super late replys here to GGs to all you fine gentlemen. The company was more fun than the content at least, haha.

I've already made a few posts about HM so I won't keep harping on it. Maybe I'll try to collect some thoughts about all our discussions in a more fleshed out post later.

KanameYuuki

What's the last perk on the sniper? Far right perk can be Perfectionist (garbage), life support (eh), firefly (decent), or hot swap (great for PvP). Honestly if you play PvP and that's your only raid sniper I'd keep it. Has crazy high aim assist.

If you don't care about PvP you could infuse it assuming the 1k YS is part of your HM Oryx load out. Being above 300* currently only matters for Trials, Iron Banner, and Hard Oryx.

Edit: above 310* since at least Golgi is 310. Not sure about Warpriest. For Daughters you only really need ToM.

It is life support sadly, and yeah I don't do any PvP at all, That 1000-yard is my raid gun.

FatBaby

Anyone kind enough to lend a hand with the level 300 strike to finish up my Solar Sword quest? I'm itching to get that exotic sword!

PSN: FatBaby

how is it any more linear than other raids?

and please don't say VoG had 2 paths to the templar and gorgons as an example lol

I mean linear as how you could approach the fights. I'm half dead now, not talking to my senses.

What I mean, is every fight is the same thing. You activate the damage phase, you damage, you rinse and repeat. After a certain amount(Except for sisters/oryx) taken come out.

Oryx is the worst offender. Kill the ogre, get the blight, blow up the blight. You don't do any damage to oryx. The only way to damage him is through blights.

There's very little player agency to the fights themselves, outside these damage phases.

Afrocious

A two hour drive? Damn you must've been shook after our Oryx attempts.

Yeah, it's a lame mess. Ugh.

lol I'm back in my hometown to spend the weekend. Had to get away from the city to clear my head haha.

TTK's endgame is worse than Vanilla's because of the amount of RNG players have to deal with in order to progress in gear. Forever29 was a thing because people couldn't get pieces of gear off of certain bosses in the VoG, mainly the helmet off of HM Atheon. Once players got whatever piece was missing, they were guaranteed to hit 30 so they could be at the same level of encounters in HM VoG.

KF makes no guarantees. It's already hard enough to get gear pieces you need to drop for you. This is a layer of RNG that made Forever29 a thing. Bungie messes up with KF by adding another unnecessary layer of RNG on top of us getting the pieces of gear we need by letting gear drop between 300-310 (310-320 in HM). Need a chestpiece from the raid? You may get lucky to get it, but are you lucky enough to get it at a higher defense than what you're already wearing?

HM KF brings the worst out of Destiny because the only way to hit 320 at the moment is to grind the hell out of the raid. Think you can get a boost from getting lucky with 3oCs? Think again. They drop at 310 max.

310 means HM Oryx is hitting you with what? 25-30% more damage? I forget. The encounter is at 320 and the only thing keeping you from ever hitting 320 is sheer luck - more luck than what was required for HM Atheon to get a helmet tbqh.

My group cleared HM KF. We were one of the first no doubt, and it's a travesty that the max light anyone had at the end was 312.

I don't see why there's ranges of attack/defense of gear to begin with considering we have to be lucky to get what gear we want in the first place.

No loot from totems b4 Warpriest....smh...
baww-rain-on-me-gif.gif

Ken

I mean linear as how you could approach the fights. I'm half dead now, not talking to my senses.

What I mean, is every fight is the same thing. You activate the damage phase, you damage, you rinse and repeat. After a certain amount(Except for sisters/oryx) taken come out.

Oryx is the worst offender. Kill the ogre, get the blight, blow up the blight. You don't do any damage to oryx. The only way to damage him is through blights.

There's very little player agency to the fights themselves, outside these damage phases.

There's probably not much they can do in terms of raid encounter since they can't guarantee every raid group has a Titan bubble, or crowd control, or strong wave clear, etc.

Frenden

Banned
My regular raid boots have better perks than my harrowed ones. I think I'll infuse it.
I bought matching sets of the New Monarchy and FWC gear for my Hunter and Warlock, respectively. I'm-a infuse those. I just don't dig the raid aesthetic (this coming from a dude that draws horror art for a living, natch).

It is life support sadly, and yeah I don't do any PvP at all, That 1000-yard is my raid gun.

I will say this: Cocoon is a super useful sniper perk during Oryx. Especially if you have a raid heavy, mainly the MG. You can mess the Ogres and Shade up real quick by sniping four shots, fire your MG some, back to sniper, back to MG as needed without every wasting time reloading. The lower impact is not great though.

If your Yard Stare is already 315 I'd keep the raid sniper and try it out first. See which one you like better. That 2 light increase isn't going to make or break you. Who knows, maybe you'll get a 320 inFusion Rifle to drop soon.

When talking about raid loot for KF, an adage comes to me-
"Water water everywhere, not a drop to drink"

or to destinyfi it

"Gear gear everywhere, but not a piece to keep".

Sure gear may drop more on average, but useful gear that you'll keep will vary on whether you get a high level piece of gear(More chances to get lower pieces in the future you throw away), or a low level piece of gear(Got a 300 helmet? Grats next time you get a helmet you get 10 chances that it may be useful.)

It's RNG on top of RNG. For Golgoroth and his 3 piece gear, it's RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG.

Not to mention Cocoon is pointless for alot of the raid weapons aside from the shotty and the HMG. Everything else reloads fast enough(Except the hand cannon.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom