• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrocious

I legit don't see a reason to fight HM Oryx at the moment. Fireteams would be more efficient by doing every encounter before HM Oryx every week to get gear, and then when they're 315+, have a better time dealing with the artificial difficulty that is fighting 320 enemies.

Getting a 311 Auto Rifle and a 310 HM chestpiece should never happen in the hardest PvE content.

I legit don't see a reason to fight HM Oryx at the moment. Fireteams would be more efficient by doing every encounter before HM Oryx every week to get gear, and then when they're 315+, have a better time dealing with the artificial difficulty that is fighting 320 enemies.

Getting a 311 Auto Rifle and a 310 HM chestpiece should never happen in the hardest PvE content.

Man that still sucks when I hear it. So goddamn troll getting a 310 HM piece. So dam troll. I got a 310 HM Gloves though, I feel your pain

KanameYuuki

I will say this: Cocoon is a super useful sniper perk during Oryx. Especially if you have a raid heavy, mainly the MG. You can mess the Ogres and Shade up real quick by sniping four shots, fire your MG some, back to sniper, back to MG as needed without every wasting time reloading. The lower impact is not great though.

If your Yard Stare is already 315 I'd keep the raid sniper and try it out first. See which one you like better. That 2 light increase isn't going to make or break you. Who knows, maybe you'll get a 320 inFusion Rifle to drop soon.

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking I got a 319 raid MG and cocoon is a life savior. Then as you said, I'll give it a try to the raid sniper.

Strider

what why.. the raid has been out what 12 hours now

should you be 320 after one raid? whats the point of replaying it then?

tbh what's the point of playing it at all?

You increase your light and the only activity the increased light will be beneficial is... the raid you completed already. Cool.

The raid would be worth running more than once if the loot you earned was fun and powerful but all we got was reskinned and mediocre NM stuff so it's a flop there too.

So what are the biggest differences from NM to HM?

So far I've gathered: forced underleveling (could be mistaken here), no checkpoint during ships, and some extra knights during oryx.

Future

I think that's exactly what they want you to do. Oryx is a lock... Something you cannot beat (or can if you are willing to take the pain) unless you are blessed with raid rng. Like entering that area in an rpg overworld that has buffed enemies requiring a grind. How they did it is pretty unsatisfying though. Cruise through the raid to just smash into the wall unexpectedly

Ken

I think that's exactly what they want you to do. Oryx is a lock... Something you cannot beat (or can if you are willing to take the pain) unless you are blessed with raid rng. Like entering that area in an rpg overworld that has buffed enemies requiring a grind. How they did it is pretty unsatisfying though. Cruise through the raid to just smash into the wall unexpectedly

Sounds a lot like launch PoE!

So far I've gathered: forced underleveling (could be mistaken here), no checkpoint during ships, and some extra knights during oryx.

I'll give you a spoilered list-

Relay Race/opening the door-
Some Major Knights near the end
Warpriest-
Warpriest gains extra effects after each destroyed stone, middle stone gives him the hobgoblins reactive blast, the left stone gives knights the burn ability, right stone gives warpriest the captains darkness blast
Golgoroth-
One person in the reactive light pool gets unstable light who has to get out of the group
Sisters-
No down time during hyms

Destiny GAF breaking records for the most depressing, negative OT thread on the game in a space of less than 12 hours.

Realistic DGaf is most sobering GAF.

Afrocious

Oryx has the forced underleveling. Those knights are also going after the bombs to pop them.

Totems-
Two or three Major Knights spawn. Whoop de doo.

Warpriest-
Warpriest gets an ability based on the slab that's destroyed by the Oculus. The middle one makes him get those three laser things that Taken Hobgoblins have. The right one makes him shoot Taken Captain orbs (this is hilarious as fuck)

Golgoroth-
One random person dpsing the boss will get a debuff with a timer that will cause an explosion around him once it finishes counting down. Just move away from your group. You can still single-gaze Golgoroth.

Piston Puzzle-
No idea if there's any differences here.

Daughters-
Little to no break between killing a wizard and doing the jumping phase for the second wizard.

Afrocious

I think Bungie was lying about saying HM was made before NM. I can't prove it, but the changes are so random.

HM KF could've been capped at 300 and been suitable for the NM version of the raid tbqh.

I feel bad that I was giving Bungie the benefit of the doubt. I was expecting extra relics in the first part, and thinking that there were legit differences in the fights.

Afrocious

What level of difficulty - for any Bungie Halo players - did you play Halo on?

Heroic for fun. Legendary to say I did it. Halo 1 especially. I didn't clear all of Halo 2 on Legendary. Couldn't do that second level I think.

Did Halo 3 on Legendary with friends and that was incredibly fun.

Had a blast with hard mode and only made it up to daughters. Went from 308 to 310. Got a 320 fusion rifle that brought my 1000 YS up to 318 and 318 chest. Fuck all this negativity

someday

Banned
I'm just played Halo 1 and 2 (MCC) for the first time and I played them on normal. I've played Halo 3 before on Heroic (and half of Reach) but I just wanted to have fun with little stress. Comparison: I play all COD games on Veteran only.

and I know I'm LLLLLTTP but Halo 2 was fucking awesome :)

Thanks, guys. I think I made a good decision to skip the HM raid tonight. Don't know if I'll ever do it, tbh. Sounds unfulfilling and not fun.

If you care about doing Trials and getting your light level, I say give it a shot if your light level is about 305. Otherwise it's not worth the hassle :X

Legendary regularly.

Even made a few LASO attempts, though I think I only completed a handful of them.

I would play Heroic once for my first time through the game for the sake of enjoyment, and usually because I was playing co-op with the wife.

Then we'd switch to Legendary after that.

Used to be super proud of this guy right here:
GYss5jv.png

E92 M3

Damn 311 AR from Oryx is a complete buzz kill

MrDaravon

Destiny GAF breaking records for the most depressing, negative OT thread on the game in a space of less than 12 hours.

Every single person I know who plays Destiny outside of GAF is equally unhappy :p. HM was not the shakeup mechanically people were hoping it was going to be, the loot can still drop at 310, and it's literally the exact same loot as NM with a different color and slightly higher numbers, with no other special or unique drops to hope for other than I guess the ship (?). And this is on the tail end of a string of disappointments like the economy nerfs, IB loot drops being bugged, Trials delayed, timed quests/exotics etc.

It'll pass but Bungie desperately needs to address issues and inject some life into things ASAP.

Luke if you're still around-For the future, don't be afraid to put some hard, mean, WoW-like Raid mechanics in. The people playing the raid are already a small %, the people playing and completing hard mode is an even smaller %. Don't be afraid to make it difficult, to add precise mechanics, to add new stages. The people that do the raid will appreciate it. And don't be afraid that it might be too hard, we can handle it.

shem935

Banned
Speaking as someone who's come here nearly every day for 13+ months: not even close to HM Scrota. Nowhere close.

Truly the darkest time. I don't see some/most of the criticisms of HM. I agree most of the weapons suck (scout is good, sniper okay, machine gun awesome, shotgun is a shotgun ) but I think people are looking back more fondly on VOG HM because of the weapons they were chasing. Totaling it up I would bet Kings Fall made more changes in HM than Vog. This increases the amount of hardship to get through content. Main difference being that the weapons you were chasing were iconic and awesome. Now you are chasing a level which will mostly just be useful for the raid. They desperately need more endgame content. If that's just old raids raised to current light levels along with revamped weapons in each that would be awesome. Throwing in taken enemies along with it would be great

Speaking as someone who's come here nearly every day for 13+ months: not even close to HM Scrota. Nowhere close.

I haven't read much of the thread today except when Drizz, unstable and Co. Finished their first hard mode clear. All I read for a page was how bad the drops were and the mechanics stayed basically the same.

With that being said, here are my thoughts.

First of all, I think that HM Crota was our darkest time. Most of us learned from that time along with all of year 1, how bad it can be. If we never experience HM Crota, This would be the worst.

However we've been through a lot, and the game now is so much different than it was when TDB came out.

Crota also took a long time to complete for a few reasons. 1, the glitches. It ruined so many attempts, primarily sword disappearing. 2,it relied heavily on the sword bearer, and the team having heavy ammo. Because of the glitches and the way the encounter was made, along with the losing heavy ammo bug, we would waste time waiting for synths until the ice breaker glitch was found. And even that took a long time to begin. Anytime you have to wait a lot before each attempt, it makes it a lot worse.

So I think because of everything above, the main complaints now seem to be revolving around loot drops for the amount of effort, in tandem with hard mechanics. It doesn't seem nearly as excruciating as hours upon hours stuck on Crota.

chur

Bungie should just remake Midship in Destiny. I don't know how it'll fit in with the gameplay but I want it. Make it happen Luke.

The current tone is decidedly poisonous and toxic compared to Crota. It's seems to be cool to hate on Destiny lately.

The number of 'fuck this, fuck that' comments about just about everything has reached bandwagon proportions. This is just the latest thing to say 'fuck this' about.

There's room for improvement, sure. But the hate is over the top and just nasty.

inthrall

The current tone is decidedly poisonous and toxic compared to Crota. It's seems to be cool to hate on Destiny lately.

The number of 'fuck this, fuck that' comments about just about everything has reached bandwagon proportions. This is just the latest thing to say 'fuck this' about.

There's room for improvement, sure. But the hate is over the top and just nasty.

This is always my opinion, but people love to complain about everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom