• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive gotten up to Oryx twice today on hard with two of my characters. I'll probably do it on my third tomorrow, then infuse my main with the shit I get from all 3 so I can try Oryx.
My mindset is that id rather get loot doing 90% of the raid for 2-3 hours instead of getting stuck on Oryx for 2-3 hours and eventually giving up. Oryx isn't going anywhere.

it was guaranteed. the destiny fanbase is a miserable bunch.

really is .. :(

Fuck all this negativity

I never understand these posts. Complaining about negativity by being negative. People are discussing issues with the game, good and bad. Do you agree or disagree with specific points? Why do you feel that way?

If you had fun, that's great! Post about having fun. Positivity is great. That's why I already said I wasn't going to keep talking about HM now. But saying "fuck this" or calling people miserable is never helpful.

ive gotten up to Oryx twice today on hard with two of my characters. I'll probably do it on my third tomorrow, then infuse my main with the shit I get from all 3 so I can try Oryx.
My mindset is that id rather get loot doing 90% of the raid for 2-3 hours instead of getting stuck on Oryx for 2-3 hours and eventually giving up. Oryx isn't going anywhere.

Yup, I got the same mind set. It be cool if ikill Hard Oryx at least once. If not, well there's always next week :), hopefully better loot drops.

Afrocious

I can do HM on Tuesday, but if my folks don't want to do Oryx, I won't argue.

I'd like a good reason for why there's attack/defense ranges for gear drops in KF.

Strider

All I need to come back to Destiny after a break and a good amount of time with Halo 5....

HandCannon buff.

Pretty simple task Bungie :p

If I buy a helmet from XUR will it be 300+? I'm currently 299 light :/

Xur exotics are 280 Light.

People have posted before that they got 310 exotics from engrams while they were 299. You could maybe buy a chest engram and try your luck but I'd try to cross 300 first to be on the safe side. Of course it could still decrypt into 290 but that's RNGsus for you.

Yup, I got the same mind set. It be cool if ikill Hard Oryx at least once. If not, well there's always next week :), hopefully better loot drops.

Same. I just want to kill him once. If there's nothing else to gain from him in hard mode besides a high light level helmet(that probably won't drop anyways), then I'll just run the hard raid and stop at Oryx from here on out. No point in finishing it.

E92 M3

Luke if you're still around-For the future, don't be afraid to put some hard, mean, WoW-like Raid mechanics in. The people playing the raid are already a small %, the people playing and completing hard mode is an even smaller %. Don't be afraid to make it difficult, to add precise mechanics, to add new stages. The people that do the raid will appreciate it. And don't be afraid that it might be too hard, we can handle it.

No please - this game already takes up enough time! =/

Also, got nothing again for daughters. So much fun beating a boss and getting nothing!

noomi

Why won't the helmet and scout drop, RNG makes me sad.

Going to bed, need some much deserved sleep. Feeling pretty accomplished tonight.

Yea if I played Halo solo, definitely Heroic. But coop, Legendary. Although Legendary with Halo 2, your teammate dying = insta wipe so it's a lot harder.

No please - this game already takes up enough time! =/

Also, got nothing again for daughters. So much fun beating a boss and getting nothing!

I've never gotten anything from daughters. Maybe a class item once. But 99%, shards. I'd honestly just do warpriest, golgy and Oryx if I could.

Ken

Luke if you're still around-For the future, don't be afraid to put some hard, mean, WoW-like Raid mechanics in. The people playing the raid are already a small %, the people playing and completing hard mode is an even smaller %. Don't be afraid to make it difficult, to add precise mechanics, to add new stages. The people that do the raid will appreciate it. And don't be afraid that it might be too hard, we can handle it.

I don't really get why this isn't the case anyways. There's already no matchmaking so every raid team is literally handpicked. I guess it might kill the "pug-ability" of raids if it's too hard, but that's what the Hard Mode label should be for...

E92 M3

I've never gotten anything from daughters. Maybe a class item once. But 99%, shards. I'd honestly just do warpriest, golgy and Oryx if I could.

Yeah, but to literally get nothing from a chest that appears in a middle of the room is a design flaw. Massive flaw.

I'm sitting at Lvl.23, so why can't I get any kills in multiplayer? Everyone else is Lvl.40 bullet sponges. :(

None of the modes out right now have level advantages enabled so level isn't a factor. But what can be are your subclasses and your weapons. There are some really good Light 40 weapons out there.

Alright gang, looks like I need to come in here and liven some thing up.

Let's turn this collective demographic's frown upside flipping down!

To start with:

You know what's fun? Mutha'ucking PvP. Specifically Mayhem (pronounced: May-Ham). Shit makes me feel good.

Know what else makes me feel good? Infusing all my shit

You know I have a 310 Hung Jury? I literally dumped my Touch of Malice into it. Shh... don't tell anybody.

Oh, and a 308 Conspiracy Theory. Dumped my Black Spindle into that.

Oh, and a 300 Truth... Dumped my Bolt-Caster into that one, though it was a little preemptive, so I didn't get as much out of it as I should have.

I took the weapons that I thought were shit (or really, that didn't match my play style) and I did with them whatever I pleased.

And let me tell you, they pleased me real good like, ya here?

Anyway, whatever hiccups are going on in PvE land don't matter much anyway. People are going to move onto Trials here soon, and that's my rated M for Mature Chuckie Cheese.

Destiny is just like Halo in that sense. I'll play the story, and enjoy it, but the PvP is what keeps me coming back to have fun and screw around. PvE is always something to do between PvP games.

So next time you find yourself stressing out. Come have a seat over here and tell old uncle Kor all about it while I stroke your hair.

IoPhIFz.jpg

Frenden

Banned
The difficulty and encounter design isn't my issue with the current endgame as much as the double-level RNG of low-to-high light rolls for gear.

A) We all just raced towards 310.

B) It turns out 310 was a short lived max.

C) Now we need to hope for double RNG. The piece we need AND the light that's the higher roll.

That's discouraging. Especially when the guns aren't so rad as to encourage repeat attempts for them.

shem935

Banned
The same strategies from NM worked in HM so this paragraph is hilarious. Single-gaze should not have worked on HM Golgoroth.

What's funnier is what's underlined. HM Oryx's difficulty is from the sandbox....

Simple change of losing his gaze increasing the rune count on the pillar in the back would fix that.

spyder_ur

Destiny GAF breaking records for the most depressing, negative OT thread on the game in a space of less than 12 hours.

I seriously don't understand what people's expectations for hard mode in terms of mechanics and drops were, based on the responses and disappointment here. Super predictable.

The only things I'm let down by are no unique weapons (correct?) and the fact that you can complete a stage and get to a chest and have nothing there at all. But is that really worse than just shards? Not sure.

I have a 310 raid MG and got a 314 version (Harrowed) with worse perks tonight - any reason not to just infuse it into my 310?

The same strategies from NM worked in HM so this paragraph is hilarious. Single-gaze should not have worked on HM Golgoroth.

What's funnier is what's underlined. HM Oryx's difficulty is simply from the sandbox....

Bungie likes to lie. Like that time they talked about making Destiny more real-life compatible. Shit is grindier than ever!

Avalon304

What level of difficulty - for any Bungie Halo players - did you play Halo on?

Normal the first time through, Heroic if I was replaying. Legendary in Co-Op with friends. Easy if I just wanted to dick around in a level. So I guess the answer is all of the difficulties? Mainly Normal and Heroic tho...

Strider

I would've put money on single gazer strat not working on HM Golg. I legit thought if nothing else in the raid they would've changed that up a bit... The fight with single gazer strat is just way too easy.

I never understand these posts. Complaining about negativity by being negative. People are discussing issues with the game, good and bad. Do you agree or disagree with specific points? Why do you feel that way?

If you had fun, that's great! Post about having fun. Positivity is great. That's why I already said I wasn't going to keep talking about HM now. But saying "fuck this" or calling people miserable is never helpful.

there are plenty of valid complaints about the game, and bungie has made several questionable decisions along the way. the problem is that everybody CONSTANTLY complains about EVERYTHING, so valid complaints just get lost in the sea of negativity.

it ruins the game for me when you can't discuss it or play it without having to listen to people be miserable about the same things over and over and over. the game has been out for over a year and people are still whining about the same type of shit week after week. it's different variations of the same arguments repeated monthly.

Afrocious

HM Oryx can eat a dick. Can't wait until I actually get some decently levelled boots, so I can kick him in the dick.

he doesn't have one as we all figured out, but boots are nice tho

Bungie likes to lie. Like that time they talked about making Destiny more real-life compatible. Shit is grindier than ever!

>real-life compatible
>time-gated exotic quests

4BpVEsw.gif

I would've put money on single gazer strat not working on HM Golg. I legit thought if nothing else in the raid they would've changed that up a bit... The fight with single gazer strat is just way too easy.

For every encounter in the raid, there are numerous ways Bungie could've made it more challenging and fun. But all we got was a tweak here, a tweak there, and 320 enemies.

spyder_ur

I don't agree. Those posts may not have been the greatest examples but I think it's OK, important even, to highlight and critique the overall tone in the thread, because it can become a bit pervasive and self-fulfilling at times. The posts that feature complaining are hardly more well thought out or complete.

Just my $.02.

lt519

I'm the king of drops right now. 320 shell, 318 shotgun, 318 LMG (with cocoon), 314 boots, 315 gloves, 316 rocket launcher...

Across two characters, still haven't done daughters on the second

Also second time we've started golgoroth doing 6 pool method and ended with two people running three sets of gazes to finish him off in the taken stage.

New cloak!

Story of Hard Mode.

i don't get this. why are people surprised or mad about getting stuff near or at 310? do you not remember normal mode? stuff started at 300 there, and you eventually got more stuff to bring you closer to 310. why wouldn't you expect to get some stuff at 310 in your first hard mode runs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom