• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon304

Yep nothing at all. It was griffith here on gaf. The second run he got ONE mote of light. I'm so sorry man that's some bullshit.

I got a 303 garbage legendary hand cannon and 10 3oC. Doesn't seem like the patch did much.

I would be so annoyed with that... more annoyed than I already am when the nightfall dumps strange coins on me... dont want them, dont need them, but there they are... every week since 2.0... (actually if I got a significant number of motes... like 50... Id actually be less annoyed, because at least those can rank up my faction at something other than the pace of a snail...)

Nydius

I'm not saying that everything is perfect. But if you've done raiding in World of Warcraft you have experienced raiding the same raid for months without getting gear.

I don't normally post in here but I can't let this comparison slide. In Warcraft, even if you, personally, didn't get loot you generally knew that several members of your raid team did, so your future progression would be smoother. By the time you were sharding most of the boss loot, you should have been in harder tier raids.

In Destiny, you can go the entire raid and not only see nothing but see your teammates get nothing or get inferior loot that doesn't help your team progress in any meaningful way. And that's assuming you run with a set group every week. People who have random open spots they fill through third party sites, including this one, may be running the raids just for some random person to walk away with great loot that will never help the group again.

Destiny has always had a risk/reward vs. rng problem. In HoW they made some positive changes to address the issues but they rolled back many of them with TTK. Overall TTK has, if anything, magnified the problem and possibly made it worse than itever was in year one.

Griffith

Banned
Yep nothing at all. It was griffith here on gaf. The second run he got ONE mote of light. I'm so sorry man that's some bullshit.

I got a 303 garbage legendary hand cannon and 10 3oC. Doesn't seem like the patch did much.

Haha yeah, it was pretty disappointing. I was really hoping to get a decent ghost shell as that's the main thing holding me back from getting 300 light.

E92 M3

We were penalized for doing normal first. What needs to be said is that it shouldn't matter if you do the normal one first. Getting Only shards is not an acceptable reward. I don't care if it's a 310 item in hard mode as long as we are getting something. Although getting a 300 in normal and a 310 in hard is not acceptable either. Same as you I went 0-2 at daughters because we played it on normal this week.

Yep, it's a massive flaw like NF before patch.

blackflag

I was a bit disappointed there weren't any different mechanics that really mattered. I feel like not even the Oryx Knights matter, the only problem was the group was 309/310

do you even know what this thread is about? you add nothing to the discussion with your blatant insults. maybe YOU should step away from this thread and stop shitting on people who aren't satisfied with what's going on with the game. people here have been playing the game since launch and their complaints about what they like or don't like are valid. people are disappointed and pointing out why they don't like it. should they accept it all and just move on? how boring.

anyway, ignored cuz you'll probably have some worthwhile reply that i give a crap about. oh wait, actually i don't.

well you've been one of the primary whiners in the OTs, so it doesn't surprise me that you feel this way.

you're right though, i'll leave this thread. if i don't, it's going to be hard continuing to play this game, knowing that i'm playing with a bunch of grown up children with severely fucked up priorities.

TacticalFailure

Neo Member
Most of us have been playing Destiny for over a year now and want to see this game grow properly.

The investment department and Bungie isn't doing their job well enough if they think having ZERO loot as a reward for killing a boss is ok. Fuck, at least give me motes and strange coins. Having a chest appear and nothing be inside is just asinine.

I watched my kid play the raid on normal, he got a ghost shell from totems, and that was the only drop he got other than shards and an antiquated rune. The look on his face showed me what is wrong with loot drops, he was pretty disappointed. The chase for guns and armor is why we play, to get nothing just gives people another reason to skip content.

well you've been one of the primary whiners in the OTs, so it doesn't surprise me that you feel this way.

you're right though, i'll leave this thread. if i don't, it's going to be hard continuing to play this game, knowing that i'm playing with a bunch of grown up children with severely fucked up priorities.

The game you are playing is only better because people "whined" about what was wrong with it. That's how the feedback loop works.

I have no respect for people who are against criticism, especially when you pull the despicable life check card.

bye-b.gif

Rahvar

I don't normally post in here but I can't let this comparison slide. In Warcraft, even if you, personally, didn't get loot you generally knew that several members of your raid team did, so your future progression would be smoother. By the time you were sharding most of the boss loot, you should have been in harder tier raids.

In Destiny, you can go the entire raid and not only see nothing but see your teammates get nothing or get inferior loot that doesn't help your team progress in any meaningful way. And that's assuming you run with a set group every week. People who have random open spots they fill through third party sites, including this one, may be running the raids just for some random person to walk away with great loot that will never help the group again.

Destiny has always had a risk/reward vs. rng problem. In HoW they made some positive changes to address the issues but they rolled back many of them with TTK. Overall TTK has, if anything, magnified the problem and possibly made it worse than itever was in year one.

I was not saying that it's all good.I even prefaced that by saying so.
In WoW people usually got loot yes, but the time commitment required was a lot worse, and you had more people in there. Thus more chance of someone getting useful loot.
But I've had plenty of raids where no one got anything worthwhile because they already had the item in question, or something better.

Of course this was not the case for the first couple of times you did a raid, but it was an inevitability long before everyone was fully geared.

Once again, I'm not saying that Bungie are perfect and no one should complain. It's just that several people have been complaining from a standard single-player game perspective, something which Destiny is not.

Calling us children because we disagree with you and because we can criticize the game, fuck off with that attitude.

Afrocious

For the insults you've peppered throughout these last few posts, I will first tell you to go fuck yourself because calling people children for opinions, even after they've backed them up, is some reductionist internet-scum bullshit that died out back in the early 2000s.

For your comments on priorities and how folks could focus on actual issues or something, I will secondly tell you that you have no ground to stand on to say such things considering you're on a video game forum whining about people whining about videogames.

I haven't tried hard mode yet, but I did a normal raid two days ago for the 3rd time.

The loot didn't even increase my light level by 1.

Thanks bungie

E92 M3

I watched my kid play the raid on normal, he got a ghost shell from totems, and that was the only drop he got other than shards and an antiquated rune. The look on his face showed me what is wrong with loot drops, he was pretty disappointed. The chase for guns and armor is why we play, to get nothing just gives people another reason to skip content.

I know they will fix it, but the question is when?

WipedOut

53032579.jpg

Ummm, you just fucked with the wrong community.

Whoa man that's pretty harsh. I don't think any criticism we have had for the game warrants such words.

Strider

Yoooo Dgaf collectively just got that guy the fuck up outta here. And for good reason...

damn it I love this community rofl

We are basically just running our alts to Oryx just to get our Mai s to 311+

The artificial difficulty on Oryx is bad. Congrates to everyone who did it as 310-311

I am happy to wait until Tues to get to 311+ to finish this encounter without the inflated nonsense.

there are plenty of valid complaints about the game, and bungie has made several questionable decisions along the way. the problem is that everybody CONSTANTLY complains about EVERYTHING, so valid complaints just get lost in the sea of negativity.

it ruins the game for me when you can't discuss it or play it without having to listen to people be miserable about the same things over and over and over. the game has been out for over a year and people are still whining about the same type of shit week after week. it's different variations of the same arguments repeated monthly.

Sure, that makes sense. This is a good example of how to discuss thread tone, haha. A few thoughts:

-I agree people focus too much on loot in general. The game has always been fun to play and more fun to play with friends and that's why I'm still here.

-That said, it doesn't reflect well on Bungie that players are able to have the same complaints for over a year. Jason's Kotaku piece talked about how Diablo developers emphasized that "dice rolls aren't fun, RNG isn't fun, always slant it in favor of the players."

Supposedly this had a big impact on their TTK design decisions (and you can see it with all the guaranteed quest rewards) but reaching the current level cap requires more lucky rolls than ever before. Of course the new light system makes each missing piece much less punishing but there are 2.5x as many pieces required.

Considering I got one 310 drop from 17 NM raids I'm not holding my breath. It's not a huge deal, I still enjoy the game. But it's a problem that deserves discussion because Bungie does listen to that feedback and try to improve.

Frenden

Banned
Kadey is my hero. She's the 1% of the 1% of the 1%. She ran out of vault space week two. She has more exotic shards than y'all got Wormspore. She has more Nechrochasms than y'all got cumulative hours spent in orbit.

And yea, if you want to see insane, play Halo 2 on Legendary. It's beyond hard mode! Snipers OHK kill you and they can even snipe / OHK you while they're flinching from you hitting them! It's pretty crazy.

LiK

Kadey is my hero. She's the 1% of the 1% of the 1%. She ran out of vault space week two. She has more exotic shards than y'all got Wormspore. She has more Nechrochasms than y'all got cumulative hours spent in orbit.

not human confirmed.

And yea, if you want to see insane, play Halo 2 on Legendary. It's beyond hard mode! Snipers OHK kill you and they can even snipe / OHK you while they're flinching from you hitting them! It's pretty crazy.

Once had a Jackal on Delta Halo 180 no scope me out of a Warthog while I was driving straight at him.

Avalon304

Those seem like the best rewards to get imo..

Only if youre desperate to get every exotic. I want exactly one exotic that Xur will have the ability to sell: the Graviton Forfeit. For that... I need 13 coins... I have 90. I need exactly -77 coins for that helm. But the Nightfall insists on dumping large quantities of things I dont need on me, and its done so for 6 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom