• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeEyes

Banned
New destiny player.
Just hit lvl 20 and finished that mission in that garden.
There was a cutscene after involving a sort of gathering/celebration.
Im just curious, was that the end of vanilla destinys campaign?
Cause man that was short.
Onto the expansions and TKK now i guess?
Yes. Yes it was.

inthrall

New destiny player.

Yep! Luckily TTK has like 4x as many story quests at least

New destiny player.

Yes that's the end of vanilla. I don't k of if you would have played all the vanilla missions or not though. I'm not sure how their reorganization changed the vanilla story campaign.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Haha oh man I just can't believe there's 2 chests in hard mode that can actually drop nothing. I just can't. The feeling of actually getting nothing. This stuff should just never happen, I really don't get it at all. After all this raiding I've still only had a 302 ghost and no class item ever. There's just way too much RNG but getting absolutely nothing should never be possible from what's supposed to be the games hardest content. I'll never forget that moment and it's not a good one.

Honestly if we want to add some positivity to the thread I'll take this time to thank everyone here I've played with.

Seriously, without this community the game would be completely different and most of the value of playing the game has been added by this community. So thank you to everyone here for the good times. Playing with everyone here is a great experience but at this time there are some baffling problems with the game right now that I feel are getting in the way.

Strider

New destiny player.

Lol Yea that's the main story. It was heavily criticized for a reason :p

TTK story is waaaay more entertaining to play though so at least know it does get better.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Okay so everybody up to Terro is a go.

Let me go to tower, get into orbit and people can join then.

Get my stream back up.

Yes. Yes it was.

Holy christ.
I can see where the disappointment that vanilla players had came from.
Enjoying it so far, just glad i waited this long to jump in, i would have been let down too.
Anyone wanna play with a noob on the expansions or some strikes?
Also, my first character i lvld legit so far.
But for my second is there any downside to using that lvl 25 skip item?
Will anything be outbalanced by such a leap?

Afrocious

Holy christ.
Enjoying it so far, just glad i waited this long to jump in, i would have been let down too.

I wouldn't use the item now since you've done the thing (Vanilla's campaign) you'd want to use the item to skip anyway.

Strider

Holy christ.

No reason not to use it on your second character. It'll be nice to skip that story the 2nd time around that's for sure.

Alright. After three runs to Oryx my main(Warlock) is 312

My crew all got to 311-312 but we are tired.

I refuse to beat my head against the artificial difficulty to finish HM tonight. Bungie, please, no one likes it. I can execute Oryx just fine but having to deal with the increased damage and decreased output is not fun. I love Destiny. I will continue to play it. I will beat HM but not by trying to overcome a level gate. If I have to wait until Tuesday and better drops, I'm fine with that.

I refuse to beat my head against the artificial difficulty to finish HM tonight. Bungie, please, no one likes it. I can execute Oryx just fine but having to deal with the increased damage and decreased output is not fun. I love Destiny. I will continue to play it. I will beat HM but not by trying to overcome a level gate. If I have to wait until Tuesday and better drops, I'm fine with that.

Same boat as you. Thought we were through this crap from year 1. Guess not. :p

HMD

So I still don't have Sleeper Simulant, even though I've been playing TTK since day 1, anyone know why the quest won't drop for me?

Silvard

Wait what are we doing again? Fresh or oryx
He has the CP for Totems, technically the start of the real HM raid lootwise.

I have to say though, it stings a bit that I've been prodding and expressing interest in a run since last page and somehow I didn't make the cut for this one.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
So I still don't have Sleeper Simulant, even though I've been playing TTK since day 1, anyone know why the quest won't drop for me?

It's arbitrarily time locked and no one knows when it'll show up again. If you have the 4 relic drops you have to just wait and we don't know when it'll be back again (sorry).

Jinjo

Timegate

You need to have the 4 random fusion core drops and brought them to the gunsmith. Then hope and wait for when bungie opens the first mission.

Yep. At least my Titan is 311 now. If it wasn't so late I think we would have had Oryx down tonight. Oh well he'll go down this weekend most likely.

maomaoIYP

He has the CP for Totems, technically the start of the real HM raid lootwise.

I have to say though, it stings a bit that I've been prodding and expressing interest in a run since last page and somehow I didn't make the cut for this one.

I'm in to do fresh or whatever, just message me and I'll log in, playing wasteland 2.

Same boat as you. Thought we were through this crap from year 1. Guess not. :p

Yup. They teased "mechanics" and we got the "#Forever29" instead. Again. It's whatever. We know what to expect now going forward.

Here's the kicker, up to Oryx the HM raid is a good challenge. My crew had fun running it at 308+ The hard stop at Oryx was dumb. It totally ruined the flow. Honestly, the level stuff just feels like a way to get people to play more. I'm happy awesome DGAFers finished it tonight, but I don't have the patience for it right now.

Night all. Oryx goes down tomorrow.

Oryx doesn't seem hard at all with the right team working together properly and are 310 or slightly higher. Cleared it two times in the last 2 hours. First clear taking the bulk of it, second time was 30 minutes.

But I got a 311 pulse and 312 boots to show for it. It never ends.

Silvard

Yup. They teased "mechanics" and we got the "#Forever29" instead. Again. It's whatever. We know what to expect now going forward.

Here's the kicker, up to Oryx the HM raid is a good challenge. My crew had fun running it at 308+ The hard stop at Oryx was dumb. It totally ruined the flow. Honestly, the level stuff just feels like a way to get people to play more. I'm happy awesome DGAFers finished it tonight, but I don't have the patience for it right now.

Night all. Oryx goes down tomorrow.

Yeah, we had the same experience in my group. We did the raid up until Oryx with our fair share of struggles while adapting to the difficulty but Oryx was just bashing our head against a wall that sapped us of all hope.

Out 1

Yep. At least my Titan is 311 now. If it wasn't so late I think we would have had Oryx down tonight. Oh well he'll go down this weekend most likely.

got my titan 307 -> 311, nice progression even without killing Oryx. thanks for the runs guys.

Lnkn52

HM loot is disappointing, but I still like raiding wth my clan. We had high hopes for this raid because hey, we expect nothing but the best from Bungie. There is no harm in that.

Ji66a-Man

Wat. Maybe everyone should have taken a longer break after run 2. Mistakes were made.

If 1 hour NM runs are standard I feel like sub-2 HM runs should be easy. Allow a few wipes for scrubby deaths and no revives but strats are identical except Oryx which is only slightly different for the Knights.

Only got to Dimensions once on run #3. Phase 1 execution was terribad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom