• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

maomaoIYP

If you can wait 20 minutes or so I'd be happy enough to tag along for a fresh run on my warlock until Oryx then switch out to whatever is needed.

I'm sure we can, I don't think we actually have 6 yet. Let's start a list
HM KF, up till Oryx if we can (and maybe beat him! fingers crossed)
1) Silvard
2) feetiemaomao
3) gorillaJu
4) inapplicable
5)
6)

I've been struggling with weapons parts for 2 weeks now. Every time I build up more than 60 it immediately evaporates away after upgrading an exotic or infusing a few items.

iCon

Neo Member
1) Silvard
2) feetiemaomao
3) gorillaJu
4) inapplicable
5)
6)

i'm down if you still looking PSN MrCriminal

1) Silvard
2) feetiemaomao
3) gorillaJu
4) inapplicable
5)
6)

Okay, just got to go to the shop and get some cat food, I'll be AFK in orbit for 10 minutes or so.

FStop7

Banned
Been watching a few different streams w/ groups who are experienced and having varying degrees of success on HM. I've seen self-res turn defeat into a victory a few times.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This is proof that skill does matter more than light level. A lot of underleveled people but we're going through things fast because everybody is on point.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Is there any point where an exotic sword is a good idea? Ignoring that if you just want a single enemy to die Raze Lighter is the way to go.

I'm usually floater/ad destroying in raids. Rocket launcher is useless basically, no tracking or grenade and horseshoes. I want to at least equip something that will let me maintain 310+ while being able to use it in some cases.

DarKshodaN

This is driving me crazy, it's the last day before i go on a vacation and i don't find anybody to get this done with me.

Can 5 Guys help me out with an quick Oryx Normal Mode kill? I have an CP for Oryx.

I know the mechanics but could not get it done with my Team from last Night.

Hm, think after reading that it's pretty straight forward getting to Oryx still I might try find an experienced group when I get home later tonight(sounds elitist I know but I am pretty limited on time) and give it a shot. If can get up to Oryx on at least one of my characters this weekend that would be cool.

Managed to find the time this morning to quickly knock out nightfall, weekly heroic and gunsmith weapons on my two characters this morning so that pretty much just leaves the raid for now.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Anyone need to do the Sunless Cell strike for the exotic sword quest line? Need a third person. Shoot me a message if you want to join. PSN: Toni-P42

Holy christ.
I can see where the disappointment that vanilla players had came from.
Enjoying it so far, just glad i waited this long to jump in, i would have been let down too.
Anyone wanna play with a noob on the expansions or some strikes?
Also, my first character i lvld legit so far.
But for my second is there any downside to using that lvl 25 skip item?
Will anything be outbalanced by such a leap?

Just to add some insight. What you just experienced was what we all saw for the first couple days of playing. The vast majority of our time with this game was with the end-game, which is something you will be experiencing fairly soon.

The end-game for TTK is quite different from Year 1 Vanilla Destiny wtih a few similarities, but it mostly revolved around grinding out the same 5 strikes repeatedly to gain Legendary Marks to buy vendor gear and then Raid the Vault of Glass each week to earn Raid gear. That's it. The game had very, very little content, but the community was (is) great and there were at least a few amazing weapons worth pursuing to come back and try for again in the Raid each week.

Accidentally infused my Conspiracy-D into my Susano fusion rifle.

Epic fail

Doh, Lock that shit.

Klyka

Banned
I swear, every single armsday I get something cool from he gunsmith.
Just got a really great scout rifle made by Omolon that refills it's shots by precision hits! How boss is that?

Bit stumped at the minute, i did the raid yesterday with some gaffers (i have notifications turned off) and about a hour into the raid a good online friend logged on and was fucking pissed off as i was in the raid and i did not wait for him.

I did not think he was coming on..

I jnderstand why he is upset, but it's really upset me now..

Klyka

Banned
Is it a bad sign that I can feel myself being sucked into this game?
The addiction is looming.

No, it's not.

It's a fantastic game that also (like any game) has flaws that will sometimes sap your will to keep playing but eventually you'll come back.
The game just FEELS so great you want to play it.

Bogeypop

Is it a bad sign that I can feel myself being sucked into this game?
The addiction is looming.

JQB7kh.jpg

Bit stumped at the minute, i did the raid yesterday with some gaffers (i have notifications turned off) and about a hour into the raid a good online friend logged on and was fucking pissed off as i was in the raid and i did not wait for him.

I did not think he was coming on..

I jnderstand why he is upset, but it's really upset me now..

Did you pre plan to raid with him or did he just expect you to wait without actually asking or planning anything?

I had a similar issue with NM. it was pre planned but then he was an hour and a half late. I waited 15 minutes before jumping in with a group. Didn't have time to waste unfortunately.

No, it's not.

It's a fantastic game that also (like any game) has flaws that will sometimes sap your will to keep playing but eventually you'll come back.
The game just FEELS so great you want to play it.

Im just seeing all this cool shit at shops and on the wiki.
And im like "I want that"
I want to fly through the air palpatine-ing people.
I just need to find a group for the story missions, only part thats kinda dull to me since theres no match ups for those.

Did you pre plan to raid with him or did he just expect you to wait without actually asking or planning anything?

I had a similar issue with NM. it was pre planned but then he was an hour and a half late. I waited 15 minutes before jumping in with a group. Didn't have time to waste unfortunately.
No plan, i never expected too be doing it at all, I'm always 2 weeks behind when it comes too raiding.
First time i have been there day 1, was fun but ifelt i was holding the team back, mind was "glazed" struggling too focus :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom