• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truant

A little late, but thanks to the group that helped me through the first half of the raid yesterday. Sorry I had to bail on Goloroth!

Langy

So the group i was running with for HM last night disbanded after we nearly killed Golgoroth. looking to run again today, am willing to start again. If anyone needs a 6th or wants to form up please let me know/add me. Langoit on psn,

So should i be dismantling all gear i dont need or storing it all?
Im only at lvl 22 light is 122.
I dont know if this is like borderlands where gear is trash once you outlevel it and only gear you obtain at max lvl matters.

GutZ31

Holy fuck! I just got the Imago Loop from the Restorative Mind, with Outlaw and Firefly!

Year 2 Fatebringer get!

ylyUQl3QJTTnLHJyfK.gif

GutZ31

So should i be dismantling all gear i dont need or storing it all?
Im only at lvl 22 light is 122.
I dont know if this is like borderlands where gear is trash once you outlevel it and only gear you obtain at max lvl matters.

Keep legendary stuff (purple), and exotics (yellow), as you can infuse them to higher attack and defence values.

Anything blue/green/white that is lower than your highest gear is trash that can be broken down for parts.

Keep legendary stuff (purple), and exotics (yellow), as you can infuse them to higher attack and defence values.

Anything blue/green/white that is lower than your highest gear is trash that can be broken down for parts.

Thanks.
Also, are exotics/legendaries going to only drop in high lvl play or will they drop at any time like in diablo/BL but with stats scaled to your lvl?

Didn't think anything pre TTK could be infused? He said hes level 22 or something.

Unless he was asking about once he reaches TTK.

GutZ31

Thanks.
Also, are exotics/legendaries going to only drop in high lvl play or will they drop at any time like in diablo/BL but with stats scaled to your lvl?

Exotics can drop at level 20+, but they are pretty much exclusively dropped in raids at those levels. Anything at 160-170 attack is a year one item, and likely not going to be useful for very long.
Year one exotics are 170 attack max, and to tell if you have a year one, or year two exotic, you check for the taken king logo in the top right corner of the items icon, besides having 160 or more attack or defence.
At 40, you have more options, and legendary engrams have a chance to decrypt into exotics.

There is a purple engram that is called Sublime Engram that is playstation exclusive gear, and will only turn into those.
Didn't think anything pre TTK could be infused? He said hes level 22 or something.

Unless he was asking about once he reaches TTK.

Good point, but he really shouldn't be getting much legendary stuff until he is 30+, but he can still randomly get TTK legendary stuff even at 20.
If for any reason you get a legendary with less than 220 attack/defence, its year one, and you likely don't want to keep it.

Oryx HM is probably the most downright depressing experience I have had in a game probably since the Four Horseman in the original Naxxramas. I fell like I am a relatively decent player but after today I am not so sure. I have managed to clear all the endgame content within 24hrs of it being released (besides VoG HM), but I fell not matter how much I tried I couldn't get all the mechanics to click properly. Thanks to both my groups for putting up with my scrubiness today and sorry we couldn't get the kill.

Exotics can drop at level 20+, but they are pretty much exclusively dropped in raids at those levels. Anything at 160-170 attack is a year one item, and likely not going to be useful for very long.
Year one exotics are 170 attack max, and to tell if you have a year one, or year two exotic, you check for the taken king logo in the top right corner of the items icon, besides having 160 or more attack or defence.
At 40, you have the more options, and legendary engrams have a chance to decrypt into exotics.

There is a purple engram that is called Sublime Engram that is playstation exclusive gear, and will only turn into those.

Good point, but he really shouldn't be getting much legendary stuff until he is 30+, but he can still randomly get TTK legendary stuff even at 20.
If for any reason you get a legendary with less than 220 attack/defence, its year one, and you likely don't want to keep it.

Thanks for the replies.
Another thing, the strike playlist recently opened for me at lvl 20.
Will I only be matched into strikes I myself have opened up on my map?
Or can I get into ones i havnt already seen?
And second when is the earliest low lvl raid I can take part in?

GutZ31

We're stuck on Oryx.

Oryx HM is probably the most downright depressing experience I have had in a game probably since the Four Horseman in the original Naxxramas. I fell like I am a relatively decent player but after today I am not so sure. I have managed to clear all the endgame content within 24hrs of it being released (besides VoG HM), but I fell not matter how much I tried I couldn't get all the mechanics to click properly. Thanks to both my groups for putting up with my scrubiness today and sorry we couldn't get the kill.

I quit at Oryx, as the light level needed to be effective is just ridiculous.
Basically, you have to be 315 or higher to be able to take more than 2 hits, and deal reasonable damage for it to feel "fair".
At 308-313, this fight is just an underleveled mess.

Basically, we have to run hard mode Kings Fall, and get good gear to be high enough level to beat hard mode Kings Fall...

Thanks for the replies.
Another thing, the strike playlist recently opened for me at lvl 20.
Will I only be matched into strikes I myself have opened up on my map?
Or can I get into ones i havnt already seen?
And second when is the earliest low lvl raid I can take part in?

Strike Playlists will bring you through strikes you may not have done yet.
You will likely play strikes you have not opened up if you neglected to do most of them yet.

As for your level to shoot for to raid, 27 is a good level to get ready to do Vault of Glass for the first time.
Arguably the best raid in the game.

Basically, you have to be 315 or higher to be able to take more than 2 hits, and deal reasonable damage for it to feel "fair".

Basically, we have to run hard mode Kings Fall, and get good gear to be high enough level to beat hard mode Kings Fall...

Golgoroth CP will be the new Gorgons, that's all I can honestly be bothered to do for a few weeks

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
EDIT: full for now

Hard Mode Kings fall. Up all night edition. Someone correct me but 305+ is recommended?

1. Me (androo2300) 308
2. DarthRyandolf & destroyer
3. Inthrall
4. the id
5. hypoetical 307
6. Big manny

Big shout out to the late night crew that joined us for the long haul. You guys are the best.

Thanks for putting up with my crankiness and never giving up, lol

Haul:
313 MG
317 boots
320 cloak! :O

Ken

Besides the RNG of loot distribution, I don't think there's anything wrong with designing a raid like that.

If they actually fixed their loot philosophy, it would be interesting to see real gear checks and walls to create a divide between hardcore progression groups and dudes doing the raid, and the strategies that come out of it to make up for less gear.

Yup! Yay for artificial difficulty!

The Catch-22iest.

Yeah, I have no problem with raids being designed like this, it's more just a personal thing that I thought I was a good enough player considering my extensive background in MMOs and FPS. Just irritates me that many people had very little issues killing Oryx but I seemed to struggle with nailing mechanics.

Omni

I'm not the only one disappointed in the Hard Mode, right?

I really felt like they were going to do more by the way Bungie talked about it. But nope. Tankier enemies and a few different 'mechanics'... Hmm. How exciting.

GutZ31

Besides the RNG of loot distribution, I don't think there's anything wrong with designing a raid like that.

If they actually fixed their loot philosophy, it would be interesting to see real gear checks and walls to create a divide between hardcore progression groups and dudes doing the raid, and the strategies that come out of it to make up for less gear.

The fact that Hard Mode can still give you Hard Mode drops at 310 light is a problem.
This means people could be stuck at 10 levels under the recommended light for Oryx for months.
That is not good design.

Yeah, I have no problem with raids being designed like this, it's more just a personal thing that I thought I was a good enough player considering my extensive background in MMOs and FPS. Just irritates me that many people had very little issues killing Oryx but I seemed to struggle with nailing mechanics.

Shit happens, I played possibly the worst I ever had yesterday. I had a shit day followed by an evening of constant interruptions, sometimes it's best just to not bother putting yourself through the mill

Ken

The fact that Hard Mode can still give you Hard Mode drops at 310 light is a problem.
This means people could be stuck at 10 levels under the recommended light for Oryx for months.
That is not good design.

Did you ignore the part where I said the current loot system is bad?

I'm not the only one disappointed in the Hard Mode, right?

I really felt like they were going to do more by the way Bungie talked about it. But nope. Tankier enemies and a few different 'mechanics'... Hmm. How exciting.

Yeah it's pretty shitty, specifically when Luke said on here that 310 is something that we shouldn't worry about hitting really and then low and behold you kinda want it for Oryx due to artificial difficulty.

the_id

We had a blast with the raid today. Got up to oryx and most of us got up to ligh level 309-310. I'm still stuck at 307 but that's all good.

Was great fun doing it with GAF gentlemen.

Even with all 310, you are far more likely not to beat him as there is no room for error.

Only because of the additional damage we are taking. I guarantee everyone here could beat HM if it wasn't just literally a number check. Or...I don't know...if playing Normal for six weeks actually gave you the loot to needed to start HM at 310. The new "mechanics" are just as cheap as the old raids IMHO. Make HM skill based NOT based on being underleveled.

Acidote

Only because of the additional damage we are taking. I guarantee everyone here could beat HM if it wasn't just literally a number check. Or...I don't know...if playing Normal for six weeks actually gave you the loot to needed to start HM at 310. The new "mechanics" are just as cheap as the old raids IMHO. Make HM skill based NOT based on being underleveled.

I'm not even 307 yet. I guess I should have been raiding with three characters to be closer to 310.

The bomb phase looks especially cheap considering the finite amount of space you have

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You do way less while taking more. Now you have to deal with new knights. There are more ads. Every shot counts and the whole thing is more fast paced. No revives is also a huge deal.

GutZ31

The fact that 6 people have to be alive for at least 90% of all encounters is another design flaw in my opinion.

The other raids made it harder to finish, but you could still do it.
Now, if one person dies, DPS is stunted, and leads to more deaths.
Not to mention early encounters need everyone as well.
Golgoroth seems like the only part that doesn't need everyone to be alive to finish it.

Ken

The fact that 6 people have to be alive for at least 90% of all encounters is another design flaw in my opinion.

The other raids made it harder to finish, but you could still do it.
Now, if one person dies, DPS is stunted, and leads to more deaths.
Not to mention early encounters need everyone as well.
Golgoroth seems like the only part that doesn't need everyone to be alive to finish it.

Prevents carries.

When everyone overgears it it'll be fine.

MrS

Banned
So the group i was running with for HM last night disbanded after we nearly killed Golgoroth. looking to run again today, am willing to start again. If anyone needs a 6th or wants to form up please let me know/add me. Langoit on psn,
I'm down for a fresh run today, like ASAP. Got to HM Oryx last night but couldn't best him. Can probably get like 3 other people from my normal raid group too

MrS

Banned
Edit: sorry for double post

Looking for 2 more for fresh hard run. Mr-Stephen on PSN

1 me
2 langot
3 jinjonl
4 bitofadrizzle

Acidote

I'm up for a fresh run but I'm 306 (1 light away from 307) so I guess I won't get enough gear to beat HM Oryx in a single run. You may want someone more geared.

GutZ31

I'm up for a fresh run but I'm 306 (1 light away from 307) so I guess I won't get enough gear to beat HM Oryx in a single run. You may want someone more geared.

Everything else in Kings Fall HM is under 310 until sisters.
I think you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom