• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

BahamutPT

Has anoyone been randomly killed teleporting out of the Darkness Dimension?
Never saw it happen during NM, but in HM we kept losing one or even two players at a time after killing the Shade by Misadventuring or being Killed by the Architects while teleporting out.

noomi

What was your team comp like? Light level wise, I mean.

2 hunters, 3 titans, 1 warlock.

Lowest hunter 308, was relic runner, everyone else was 310 i believe. All had high impact snipers on ogres helped.

I can do it in 40 mins if Bitsurugi doesn't want to join.

If bits isn't interested, I'm up for it. Haven't done HM on my warlock yet.

Cool, we might have one spot open, ill let you guys know if you need one.

Has anoyone been randomly killed teleporting out of the Darkness Dimension?
Never saw it happen during NM, but in HM we kept losing one or even two players at a time after killing the Shade by Misadventuring or being Killed by the Architects while teleporting out.

Yes, from what I've seen it drops you out at a decent height high enough to do a little damage to you when it finishes.

If you're too low within the shade, you'll die when you kill oryx due to the fall damage.

Zocano

2 hunters, 3 titans, 1 warlock.

Lowest hunter 308, was relic runner, everyone else was 310 i believe. All had high impact snipers on ogres helped.

Sounds about right. HM is literally just a gear check version of NM. Oryx will be just as easy as the other parts within a week or two.

I'm sorry but I expect people to play well in an environment that demands near perfect execution. It's why I hate raiding with randoms in standard MMOs. Standard MMO raiding is 1000x more intense and demanding and most of the time it's actually really easy as long as everyone is doing exactly what they need to be doing. Git gud is exactly what I expect from people.

I would also guess that the percentage of wipes from a bug or "physics" is actually way way way way less then people actually lead you to think.

Lastly, I'm not going to be open and welcoming to people who play poorly in a game mode that requires you to do exactly the opposite.

Please. Ive been a guild and raid leader in WoW. Dont try to educate me with standard mmo raiding. Your elitist attitude is part of the problem. "Git gud" isnt constructive nor helpful. Ive seen Oryx glitch out, Ive seen people die due to physics or stupid reasons elsewhere. Saying "git gud" aint shit. The person saying that aint shit either, probably wants an easy carry because they cant lead.

How hard are the Nightfall strikes? Just reading the list of modifiers makes me nervous, heh.

Some are brutal. Some are easy.

This week is an easy one.

So easy that people are actually "farming" it trying to get the flayer cloaks.

Edit: And yes, I agree with Zoba. Endgame is way way way worse than it was in year one, which I never had a problem with.

Liamc723

I am not speaking strictly in Destiny's terms. 99% of the time in standard MMO raiding, if you die, it's your fault because you fucked up or made a mistake. How to fix that? Stop making mistakes.

What an elitist viewpoint. You're supposed to have fun with Destiny, stop taking it so seriously.

Klyka

Banned
It's interesting to see how much different stuff people want from the same game.

I never got the whole "chasing the carrot" thing.

I just play when I feel like it or when new content releases.

Zocano

Please. Ive been a guild and raid leader in WoW. Dont try to educate me with standard mmo raiding. Your elitist attitude is part of the problem. "Git gud" isnt constructive nor helpful. Ive seen Oryx glitch out, Ive seen people die due to physics or stupid reasons elsewhere. Saying "git gud" aint shit. The person saying that aint shit either, probably wants an easy carry because they cant lead.

You take it as if I just say "git gud" and sit there and wait for the person figure out what they're doing wrong. If you've raided with me, you'll know I fucking yell out everything any time someone is fucking up, myself included.

But when someone is fucking up continuously and consistently, I'm not afraid to acknowledge when someone just fucking sucks at what they need to be doing and are unable to learn and get better.

I want to play with people who are on their game and are willing to learn when they fuck up.

What an elitist viewpoint. You're supposed to have fun with Destiny, stop taking it so seriously.

I have never once denied my elitism and I embrace it. Trying to use it as an insult against me is hilarious to me. If I'm playing in a team-based environment that requires intense coordination, I expect people to all be there to execute perfectly.

There will always be learning moments in complex encounters. It comes with the territory. My issue is when we are clearly far past that point and people are still fucking up due to inattentiveness or what have you.

Zocano is spot on tbh. 99.9% of the time when I die, it's because I am doing something wrong. Whether it be not clearing adds, not watching timers, not paying attention to wall boners, jumping carelessly, not calling out ect. I would rather someone yell at me if I kept doing something wrong because it would drill it into my head and enable me to improve and really grasp what I was doing wrong.

Acidote

I'm with Zocano on this. Maybe many many years playing mmorpgs get you into a certain mindset of assuming you mistakes and learning from it. That's fun too. It's challenging sometimes.

Mistakes on content you have on farm, those sting.

Zocano is spot on tbh. 99.9% of the time when I die, it's because I am doing something wrong. Whether it be not clearing adds, not watching timers, not paying attention to wall boners, jumping carelessly, not calling out ect. I would rather someone yell at me if I kept doing something wrong because it would drill it into my head and enable me to improve and really grasp what I was doing wrong.

I'm exactly the same. But I have clan mates who are more prone to lapses in concentration. But we are all able to admit when we messed up and the better players give advice on what we should be watching for.

It is a learning experience and the multiple aspects you have to juggle get easier the more you do it. It just takes different people differing lengths of time to have it click.

Give it 2-3 weeks and HM will be on farm for most people. Even the "scrubs".

Zocano

I'm aware I come off as a dick but I also usually don't get my message across 100%. I want people to be there to get good and learn and execute. Everyone (including me) get rekt when it comes to a new encounter because we don't know what's going on and don't have a rhythm for the encounter or what our roles and jobs are (especially with Destiny when roles are sorta on the fly cause there's no Healer/Tank/DPS triad). If you're there and fucking up I'll call it out but I won't call you a shit bag and a scrub
not actually seriously
and throw you out, I'm aware there's a learning period for everyone.

But if you're there, half awake, not paying attention, not understanding mechanics when we've wiped 10 times, don't notice debuffs that are right in your face, then I'm going to get pissed off and frustrated because you don't have your head where it needs to be for raiding.

And I wrap all that up in as "git gud" because it really just comes down to that more than anything.

You take it as if I just say "git gud" and sit there and wait for the person figure out what they're doing wrong. If you've raided with me, you'll know I fucking yell out everything any time someone is fucking up, myself included.

But when someone is fucking up continuously and consistently, I'm not afraid to acknowledge when someone just fucking sucks at what they need to be doing and are unable to learn and get better.

I want to play with people who are on their game and are willing to learn when they fuck up.

Oh my apologies, yeah fuck those people. They just fuck up continuously, fuck em. Unless theyre reminded theyre fuck ups, then it aint worth raiding with them.

Man, Ive known raid leaders and people like you. Give it one or two tries, berate the person, swap em out for a new person when they fail and you cant deal with it. Do you really believe some people are robots who dont know theyre fucking up? Who cant listen and learn? If anything those people know that theyre messing up, every time you wipe its on their mind.

"Willing to learn they fuck up." Thats quite an elitist statement. I havent encountered anyone, not on DGaf, who was completely oblivious and in denial that they messed up. I dunno where you found this person or people to make you have such an elitist attitude.

Such a toxic attitude. Ive had raid groups for Kings Fall where the majority of people havent done it, and the only time Id complain and bitch at someone dying because its their first time is if I wanted a 30 minute run...which is to say never. If Im doing a raid, i put up to 2 hours aside in case something goes wrong or some people arent confident doing it consistently. You have the wrong attitude to be raiding if the first thing that comes to your mind is "that guy fucking up isnt learning.".

Liamc723

I have never once denied my elitism and I embrace it. Trying to use it as an insult against me is hilarious to me. If I'm playing in a team-based environment that requires intense coordination, I expect people to all be there to execute perfectly.

There will always be learning moments in complex encounters. It comes with the territory. My issue is when we are clearly far past that point and people are still fucking up due to inattentiveness or what have you.

Everyone is different, and it can take others longer to fully wrap their heads around things, so shouting and yelling at someone for messing up is a really shitty thing to do.

You can help someone understand a mechanic without yelling at them. Yes, people mess up, but to immediately shout at them for it is shitty. I'd be leaving the game I'm in straight away if anyone did that to me. This is a videogame, not the fucking army dude.

Klyka

Banned
You know what needs to be the first thing that is done by the "group leader" when things don't work?

You ask "So guys, what is going wrong?"
And then you let everyone talk and tell you their POV.

We had a group at NM Oryx and we wiped 4 times in a row seemingly out of nowhere.
Then I asked and we went from person to person and one of them said "My Ogre always dies super late so I can't make it to the middle in time and die."
There was the problem, we told the roamers to properly help him and low and behold, next turn Oryx died.

The game is about communication both in AND out of the fight.
Some people will know what is happening but might not feel comfortable with stepping forward and saying it. Especially not if they might be "singled out".
So you let everyone give their view and they won't feel alone and unable to speak up.

Zocano

Raiding isn't hard, but treating it like boot camp is self-important and overly serious. Calm down and get over yourself.

"Stop taking it seriously" is such a weird cop out for me. No matter what you are doing, if it requires intense focus and coordination, and other people are relying on you, you damn well better be taking it seriously.

And no, raiding isn't hard, which is why I get irate when people aren't good at it.

Some people will know what is happening but might not feel comfortable with stepping forward and saying it. Especially not if they might be "singled out".
So you let everyone give their view and they won't feel alone and unable to speak up.

If you've raided with me, you'd know I sort of just take that position even if someone is already trying to be that. I'm a hard ass but I'll work with people to mold them into perfection.

Also I get around that last bit by singling everyone out as often as possible, myself included.

Liamc723

"Stop taking it seriously" is such a weird cop out for me. No matter what you are doing, if it requires intense focus and coordination, and other people are relying on you, you damn well better be taking it seriously.

And no, raiding isn't hard, which is why I get irate when people aren't good at it.

Jeez, playing a videogame is meant to be FUN. FUN. I don't play Destiny to be shouted at when I mess something up.

Playing with you sounds like the worst.

Namikaze1

*heads off to do daily*

*dismantles legendary while loading up mission. Gains no legendary marks*

*checks inventory screen*

...well, no daily then.

PuMa

If you've raided with me, you'd know I sort of just take that position even if someone is already trying to be that. I'm a hard ass but I'll work with people to mold them into perfection.

Also I get around that last bit by singling everyone out as often as possible.

It is still a game remember, and it is skill based. Not everyone you play with is as good as you I guess.

Klyka

Banned
And no, raiding isn't hard for me, which is why I get irate when people aren't good at it.

I fixed your statement there.

Remember man,not everyone is like we are and maybe has really long raiding history in MMOs with much harder content.

Zocano

Jeez, playing a videogame is meant to be FUN. FUN. I don't play Destiny to be shouted at when I mess something up.

Sure, and I get enjoyment out of executing a team coordinated game perfectly. That's my fun.

Ken

It is still a game remember, and it is skill based. Not everyone you play with is as good as you I guess.

Which shouldn't matter in this game cause you pick your own raid groups anyways. That seems to be a common pro for the lack of matchmaking, no?

Venfayth

Which is why I didn't say "Stop taking it seriously" - I said calm down. You can be serious about something without shouting and being condescending.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Fun is just a buzzword when you can't actually think of any real seasons as to why the game is good.

PuMa

Which shouldn't matter in this game cause you pick your own raid groups anyways. That seems to be a common pro for the lack of matchmaking, no?
True, but its not like you're reviewing applications for a raid group. Some people often are with total randoms, using LFG, reddit...etc.

tizaffy

Neo Member
totally agree on giving us builds to chase for. There needs to be so much more variety and synergies between items.

There should also be set bonuses with synergies as well.

You know what needs to be the first thing that is done by the "group leader" when things don't work?

You ask "So guys, what is going wrong?"
And then you let everyone talk and tell you their POV.

We had a group at NM Oryx and we wiped 4 times in a row seemingly out of nowhere.
Then I asked and we went from person to person and one of them said "My Ogre always dies super late so I can't make it to the middle in time and die."
There was the problem, we told the roamers to properly help him and low and behold, next turn Oryx died.

We had a similar encounter the other night where we wiped repeatedly at oryx because 2 of the ogres were moving away from their spawn too much. Turned out that as we were mixing things up and giving people new roles in our usual raid group. We had forgotten to mention that the guys on the platforms have to help each other out with the ogres. So the one guy who was normally on ads didn't realise he should help his opposite plate Holder out. And the guy who was normally on that plate and now doing ads didn't realise he only had to fire 1-2 sniper crits at the ogres before moving onto next one, and he didn't need to stay till one was dead. Lo and behold the next run was flawless

PuMa

A lot of what we do in the raids is actually pretty easy.
For everyone? Or because it's easy for you, so everyone else should be able to do it just as easily.

FWIW, I agree most of it is easy, for me. But I've played with many different skill levels, and some people have trouble. You have to be patient sometimes. It never helps to berate someone.

Zocano

totally agree on giving us builds to chase for. There needs to be so much more variety and synergies between items.

There should also be set bonuses with synergies as well.

They keep half-trying with the the perk bonuses but I feel they aren't going far enough with it.

I feel like they're really scared of just making a single set of items that overshadow everything else but I feel like that can be avoided by making a *TON* of different PvE/PvP perks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom