• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitsurugi

I keep saying it but all the game needs is an absurdly huge list of PvP/PvE perks. I don't think the weapons necessarily need to be super powerfuly but at least both unique *AND* competent.

That was the problem with Dreg's Promise and friends, they were unique and cool but why bother using them when they're just not very strong weapons.

It's fucking hell of a challenge, though, which is what I think most people forget. There's only so much you can do with shooty shooty bang bang before you everything starts feeling the same.

This.

If Bungie made really good weapons now, we might as well keep em until Y3. Too little variety atm. The armor is a serious disappointment perk wise, and i mean in general.

Just look at Diablo, take 1/4 of the variety there. Win.

This way you can also give ppl loot every time and having them grind for more.

JayHayabusa

HM King's Fall - Tonight 10pm CET - 8pm GMT

1. jayforone - 306 Titan - First run
2. Mindlog - Second Run

Need four guardians to get to Oryx and depending on drops see if he is feasible.
Laid back run for fun.

Please quote me and add urself to the list and send me a FR if u r not yet on my list.

Going to see The Martian now and I'll be reposting during the day to get a fun group together.

Silvard

Any well-rested Guardians want to tackle HM Oryx? Realistically people should be at least 309, preferably 310+. I've got the CP and a 311 Warlock if people are serious about taking him down.

Well rested and rearing to go. I have a 311/312 hunter on Oryx's doorsteps too. I'd be down to bring the sucker down.

E92 M3

Hey Trance, my son is home this weekend (rare) and he has never even done normal mode KF. His rep is pretty tight with Xplicitone and Navy Bean VE3TRO and Seth - any chance any of you Xbros would take a break from HM and grab him for some NM shenanigans?

Against All Odds-bros stand strong! :)

I'm busy till the evening today, but don't see an issue of helping him over the weekend :)

Do need one hm oryx kill though, started late and that sucker needs to die.

Deku Tree

Did the raid on my Hunter up to daughters once last night, and up to Oryx twice.

Result

Hunter 310
Titan 311
Warlock 311

That probably be all my raiding until Tuesday unless I get into a good leveled well sherpa'd group this weekend. Don't really feel a strong need to take down Oryx on the first weekend being so under leveled.

What level of difficulty - for any Bungie Halo players - did you play Halo on?

I played every Bunge Halo games SP solo over and over for years until the next one game out starting with Halo CE and ending with Reach.

Normal Mode was like super easy mode, rarely touched it. I Also usually found Heroic slightly too easy. But legendary mode was often about getting one shot at full health by snipers that you couldn't see and spending hours waiting behind cover for opportunities to take pot shots at the covenant.

1st play through I would do on Heroic.
2nd play through I would do on Legendary.
All subsequent plahthroughs were usually done on Heroic because at that point I would just be looking for a fun relaxing way to spend some of my down time. Legendary solo was rarely my idea of "relaxing".

Definity

Made it up to 310 light and had fun running with gaf folks last night. Kady and that RNG! Not sure what light level she ended up at, lol.

Tecnniqe

Banned
What level of difficulty - for any Bungie Halo players - did you play Halo on?

Legendary with the Hardest skulls (i.e Iron) on for Maximum effect on H3.

As for the rest of them Legendary.
Its the only way to go.

It's a great and it feels very rewarding to beat.

The problem with making extremely powerful and all desired guns is that those become the de facto weapons of the game and there's no reason to use anything else. This is/was especially a problem when those select weapons were actually incredibly plentiful and very common, relative to the ecosystem now.

I'd rather have 10 different weapons that I use all once a week rather than 1 weapon I use all week.

Yes, I get the point of them existing as the ultimate "chase", but I prefer what we have now.

I agree there is more variety in the weapon selection, but having stock vendor weapons like Hung Jury being better than any primary from the raid is a little unbalanced.

Unless I get a Smite of Merain with firefly, I know every other primary drop I get will be infused into the ones I already have.

Klyka

Banned
The community really splits up whenever a HM raid is released. Give it a few weeks everything will be back to normal

I think the community in general splits up after 1 month in cause we got the people who have done everything twice now and have all items, we got the regular players and the people who didn't like it. We got new players and returning ones.

It's the time of a game's life where population is in a crazy flux,usually more down than up.

Um, dissenters? False prophet? So you're saying he's a real prophet? Hmm.

I just flat out disagree with most of his rants, and he does a lot of ranting. No offense to zoba. I'm sure he's a cool enough dude. I just prefer to be happy with this game I love and don't agree with all of the negativity.

You know everyone in this thread loves this game, right? So when the thread is being "negative", it usually means something is wrong. That negativity is a time for reflection and criticism where we open the lid to discuss issues and propose solutions. An ongoing discussion communicates the weight of the issues and weeds out impractical proposals until a concensus is reached. That's what the feedback loop is. That doesn't mean everyone has to agree with any one solution, but rather that we grow in understanding what the problems are.

The reason that feedback may seem like "rants" from me is because of people who are making the feedback about me. We're discussing the game, not whether or not I'm trying to steal Datto's internship. I created a thread for this discussion a week ago and the overwhelming amount of responses were about the way I wrote my post and not what I wrote about. Prior to that, I had taken time to articulate my points in a constructive manner and it was still dismissed as a "negative rant from some guy who is salty about one gun being ruined". Who has patience for that passive aggressive garbage?

That meta discussion is why the thread spirals out of control.

I respect that you do not want to be surrounded in a negative environment. It can sap the fun you get out of the game, and that's understandable. I don't participate in threads where people are tearing up something I like.

Nevertheless, when something is wrong, ignoring it and "staying positive" does everyone a disservice. If you disagree, state your piece and engage in the discussion. But don't impede it because that dialog is what leads to improvements that benefit everybody. Bungie mentions time and time again that they want feedback, so why are you getting in their way?

Ryuuga

Banned
The community really splits up whenever a HM raid is released. Give it a few weeks everything will be back to normal

The fundamental issue I have with TTK goes beyond HM. It was only the idea elemental primaries are no more brought about a new wave of concern regarding the way Year 2 is being dealt with. What would normal be in this case? Not discussing it and hoping it fixes itself? (Honestly asking)

mhayze

I picked up Destiny again after a bit and managed to get two of my characters up to about 295. Getting 295+ seems a little painful and very 'grindy'. It seems like most people raiding are 305+ at this point, so I'm kinda struggling as to how you get above 295.

I've enjoyed the taken king main storyline so far, but from what I can see, it looks like getting from 295+ pretty much requires raiding. I participated in Iron Banner with 1 character to L5, but hardly got any drops (other than the guns) and they were all < 290.
My old raiding group is a little splintered now, but I played a couple of the raid enounters (not from the beginning, sadly), but also got nothing really good so far. I'm sure multiple raid runs start to finish would cure that, but I'm surprised that there's such a narrow funnel at this point in the game - in the past, Bungie has allowed multiple activity types to let you get to the top tier in the game, unless I'm missing something.

Definity

I dont know druv, the complaint isnt centered on difficulty this time. Its more of

Whats the point

I was kind of asking myself that question last night. I expected a bit more out of HM. Not really interested in the weapons. Still had fun in my group up until Oryx when we decided to just gear up a bit more and lower the frustration of the gear/light check wall.

Klyka

Banned
I picked up Destiny again after a bit and managed to get two of my characters up to about 295. Getting 295+ seems a little painful and very 'grindy'. It seems like most people raiding are 305+ at this point, so I'm kinda struggling as to how you get above 295.

I've enjoyed the taken king main storyline so far, but from what I can see, it looks like getting from 295+ pretty much requires raiding. I participated in Iron Banner with 1 character to L5, but hardly got any drops (other than the guns) and they were all < 290.
My old raiding group is a little splintered now, but I played a couple of the raid enounters (not from the beginning, sadly), but also got nothing really good so far. I'm sure multiple raid runs start to finish would cure that, but I'm surprised that there's such a narrow funnel at this point in the game - in the past, Bungie has allowed multiple activity types to let you get to the top tier in the game, unless I'm missing something.

Just in case you don't know, there is no real reason to get to 300 or higher.
with 295 you can do any normal content in the game easily,including the normal mode raid.
300+ is only required for the hard mode raid.

So don't feel forced to go higher if you don't want to raid!

HM King's Fall - Tonight 10pm CET - 8pm GMT

1. jayforone - 306 Titan - First run
2. Mindlog - Second Run
3. wanderjahr - 309 warlock

Need four guardians to get to Oryx and depending on drops see if he is feasible.
Laid back run for fun.

Please quote me and add urself to the list and send me a FR if u r not yet on my list.

Going to see The Martian now and I'll be reposting during the day to get a fun group together.

Enjoy the Martian!

Just in case you don't know, there is no real reason to get to 300 or higher.
with 295 you can do any normal content in the game easily,including the normal mode raid.
300+ is only required for the hard mode raid.

So don't feel forced to go higher if you don't want to raid!

I second this.

E92 M3

If I squeeze the orange hard, my warlock can be 313. Without issue my Titan and Warlock can both be 311.

Still need to run the Hunter through.

So I've been keeping out of this thread until I run my first hard mode tomorrow... But I did want to see if anyone found the three new fragments in hard mode. Any word on those last three?

Also, without spoiling things... How's the general response to HM? Just increased damage and bullet sponges?

SkylineRKR

So I've been keeping out of this thread until I run my first hard mode tomorrow... But I did want to see if anyone found the three new fragments in hard mode. Any word on those last three?

Also, without spoiling things... How's the general response to HM? Just increased damage and bullet sponges?

Probably the best HM tbh. It has the most changes, though still kind of subtle.

I prefer VoG HM only because you could actually gear up in NM to be on level with it (exotic helmet and rest raid drops). But the experience itself didn't change that much.

Tecnniqe

Banned
This thread makes me sad. :(

269.gif

Don't think they're in hard mode.

Reaction in this thread has generally been negative, mainly because there's no real incentive to run it other than to get infusion fuel. I don't find it very fun being under-leveled either. The mechanic changes were not substantial enough to me to make the encounters interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom