• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zocano

The raid gear is another example of when they should have the "unique" perk as an addition rather than instead of whatever perk slot they take up. All raid weapons have cocoon + the 2 standard perks.

Just a suggestion. That was what was hilarious and laughable about the fallen stuff from HoW.

Omg. Weapons parts nerf is killing this game for me.

Got a Jade Rabbit last night! Hooray! Dump some motes in it, go to unlock perks, and no weapon parts!

Got a 308 Fusion Rifle from the raid! Hooray! Go to infuse it into my Spindle! No weapon parts!

This is insane.

Klyka

Banned

Got a Jade Rabbit last night! Hooray! Dump some motes in it, go to unlock perks, and no weapon parts!

Got a 308 Fusion Rifle from the raid! Hooray! Go to infuse it into my Spindle! No weapon parts!

This is insane.

Instead of having no weapon parts, you would have 25% more weapon parts right now.

Would that really be such a huge difference?

I dont know dhruv, the complaint isnt centered on difficulty this time. Its more of

Whats the point

Well Rob, thats a valid point and I agree with it. Unlike the previous raids HM Oryx doesn't have an exotic tied to it. That makes doing the HM raid kinda pointless, unless you want 320 light to be competitive in trails and IB.

This HM reaction on a relative scale actually seems like the best one that I can remember.

Yup, I was crying rivers of salt when HM crota released.

My penguin friend knoweth of what he speaketh

Colonel, it sucks not having a ps4. Miss playing with you guys.

The fundamental issue I have with TTK goes beyond HM. It was only the idea elemental primaries are no more brought about a new wave of concern regarding the way Year 2 is being dealt with. What would normal be in this case? Not discussing it and hoping it fixes itself? (Honestly asking)

I'm sorry I didn't get the question. Can you be more specific? You're worried about how Year 2 is panning out? Well voicing what you specifically don't like is helpful.

PuMa

You know everyone in this thread loves this game, right? So when the thread is being "negative", it usually means something is wrong. That negativity is a time for reflection and criticism where we open the lid to discuss issues and propose solutions. An ongoing discussion communicates the weight of the issues and weeds out impractical proposals until a concensus is reached. That's what the feedback loop is. That doesn't mean everyone has to agree with any one solution, but rather that we grow in understanding what the problems are.

The reason that feedback may seem like "rants" from me is because of people who are making the feedback about me. We're discussing the game, not whether or not I'm trying to steal Datto's internship. I created a thread for this discussion a week ago and the overwhelming amount of responses were about the way I wrote my post and not what I wrote about. Prior to that, I had taken time to articulate my points in a constructive manner and it was still dismissed as a "negative rant from some guy who is salty about one gun being ruined". Who has patience for that passive aggressive garbage?

That meta discussion is why the thread spirals out of control.

I respect that you do not want to be surrounded in a negative environment. It can sap the fun you get out of the game, and that's understandable. I don't participate in threads where people are tearing up something I like.

Nevertheless, when something is wrong, ignoring it and "staying positive" does everyone a disservice. If you disagree, state your piece and engage in the discussion. But don't impede it because that dialog is what leads to improvements that benefit everybody. Bungie mentions time and time again that they want feedback, so why are you getting in their way?

I didn't say I was staying positive. I said I didn't agree. And you're saying something is wrong as if that's a fact. That's just like, you're opinion, man.

Sorry that my enjoyment of the game is " doing everyone here a disservice".

You know everyone in this thread loves this game, right? So when the thread is being "negative", it usually means something is wrong. That negativity is a time for reflection and criticism where we open the lid to discuss issues and propose solutions. An ongoing discussion communicates the weight of the issues and weeds out impractical proposals until a concensus is reached. That's what the feedback loop is. That doesn't mean everyone has to agree with any one solution, but rather that we grow in understanding what the problems are.

The reason that feedback may seem like "rants" from me is because of people who are making the feedback about me. We're discussing the game, not whether or not I'm trying to steal Datto's internship. I created a thread for this discussion a week ago and the overwhelming amount of responses were about the way I wrote my post and not what I wrote about. Prior to that, I had taken time to articulate my points in a constructive manner and it was still dismissed as a "negative rant from some guy who is salty about one gun being ruined". Who has patience for that passive aggressive garbage?

I respect that you do not want to be surrounded in a negative environment. It can sap the fun you get out of the game, and that's understandable. I don't participate in threads where people are tearing up something I like.

Nevertheless, when something is wrong, ignoring it and "staying positive" does everyone a disservice. If you disagree, state your piece and engage in the discussion. But don't impede it because that dialog is what leads to improvements that benefit everybody. Bungie mentions time and time again that they want feedback, so why are you getting in their way?

TL DR version: Community threads are about discussing in a mature way the positive and negative aspects of the games we enjoy. Regardless of who it is, the post and not the poster is what should be focused on for the betterment of Destiny and the community.

E92 M3

The raid gear is another example of when they should have the "unique" perk as an addition rather than instead of whatever perk slot they take up. All raid weapons have cocoon + the 2 standard perks.

Just a suggestion. That was what was hilarious and laughable about the fallen stuff from HoW.

Wait, people didn't want a rocket launcher with shank burn?

Klyka

Banned
People who think everything with the game is bad are wrong.
People who think nothing is bad with the game are wrong.

The game has tons of good stuff and some bad stuff.
Yes I would say that it has way more good things in it than bad things and I also believe that the endgame of it is okish. i was never an MMO endgame man and never will be, so for me it's not a big deal cause I just move on till next content drop.

Instead of having no weapon parts, you would have 25% more weapon parts right now.

Would that really be such a huge difference?

Considering how I routinely have none, then yes, more weapon parts would be nice.

I never had this problem before the nerf.

Zocano

I'm gonna take a guess and say we haven't seen all the updates to this raid yet.

"Challenge mode" could easily be actual updates later on rather than something that's secret and hidden at the moment.

E92 M3

People who think everything with the game is bad are wrong.
People who think nothing is bad with the game are wrong.

The game has tons of good stuff and some bad stuff.
Yes I would say that it has way more good things in it than bad things and I also believe that the endgame of it is okish. i was never an MMO endgame man and never will be, so for me it's not a big deal cause I just move on till next content drop.

The best thing about Destiny - and the reason I play - is because it just feels so good to shoot aliens. Simple as that.

I'm gonna take a guess and say we haven't seen all the updates to this raid yet.

"Challenge mode" could easily be actual updates later on rather than something that's secret and hidden at the moment.

They are squeezing this raid for all its worth. Also, that is evident by at least the emblems and ship we can't get yet.

We can speculate, won't know for sure when and if they're implemented.

Expecting everything in the DB to be in the game generally leads to disappointment. :-( I want a twilight gap. Give it to me!!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Hey Trance, my son is home this weekend (rare) and he has never even done normal mode KF. His rep is pretty tight with Xplicitone and Navy Bean VE3TRO and Seth - any chance any of you Xbros would take a break from HM and grab him for some NM shenanigans?

Against All Odds-bros stand strong! :)

I'm in to help. We had a spot last night but he wasn't online. I'm gonna wait till reset for some better NM gear before running HM anyway. I'm 305 but want to be closer to 310. Truelize might be available since he wants to beat Oryx on his sons account.

We reached Oryx last night then someone left and a 287 noobie joined so it became a nightmare. We didn't have the DPS last night either so Ogres were all over the place. But if Josh is down to play and Trance and others can help I'll join in.

Ryuuga

Banned
I'm sorry I didn't get the question. Can you be more specific? You're worried about how Year 2 is panning out? Well voicing what you specifically don't like is helpful.

I did earlier, but I find Y2 arsenal to be intentionally safe. Even weapons on the more powerful end of the spectrum end up feeling diluted in comparison to some of the weapons worth earning from Y1. I also agree with Zoba's point that the current challenges don't feel proportional to the reward (speaking more specifically to raid weapons). Elemental primaries are a whole other matter, but as aforementioned most of the coveted Y1 would be good even without it's elemental properties and honestly best Y2 exotics in function alone.

My other question is that you said "everything will go back to normal". What is normal? I ask this because I never had any grievances with the way CE HM was handled or didn't care because there were still weapons worth investing the time for.

Adept arsenal? I doubt there will be any adept weapons this time around.

Hmm I had assumed there would be adept, but just that they wouldn't have an elemental property.

This is what I'm assuming. Bungie will roll it out when there is a lull in the content. Probably not for a couple months.

MrDaravon

Pretty much this. You, I and some others posted extremely detailed non-shitposting criticism on the game with specific thoughts and improvements, and in the OT it gets shit on as being negative/whining and the cycle continues. Then you made that thread and actual intelligent conversation takes place. Shocking! I'm incredibly disappointed at all the posts overnight that were equivalents of get good and to stop whining. This is not a community I want to be a part of.

Zocano

We can speculate, won't know for sure when and if they're implemented.

Expecting everything in the DB to be in the game generally leads to disappointment. :-( I want a twilight gap. Give it to me!!

Sure but Twilight Garrison is actually literally in the game. Some random lucky shmucks have it

I didn't say I was "staying positive". I said I didn't agree. And you're saying something is wrong as if that's a fact. That's just like, you're opinion, man.

Sorry that my enjoyment of the game is " doing everyone here a disservice".

I'm using facts such as weapon stats, player behavior, official graphs from Bungie and other phenomena found and reproducible in-game to support any opinions of what i'm observing. Is this that difficult to understand? I don't wake up and say "Oryx is dropping me shit" for giggles.

I'm less likely go out of my way to provide references to this each time I want to entertain this discussion when i'm going to be met with "...nah, you're wrong, I think it's fun."

Well, why is the game fun in spite of its pitfalls? Again, I respect these answers, but I don't have patience for someone who is going to sit there and say I'm fabricating these problems. I don't fantasize about things that are wrong with the game, and contrary to the belief of a few select individuals who I am no longer entertaining, I actually don't play games when those problems reach a certain threshold. Shocking.

E92 M3

You say that like that's wrong of them to do.

You misunderstood my tone. The raid took them probably over a year to design and it would be sad to see that Hard is the last thing they do.

That said, for the love of the Speaker, please no more light level grinding.

PLEASE BUNGIE

PuMa

I'm using facts such as weapon stats, player behavior, official graphs from Bungie and other phenomena found and reproducible in-game to support any opinions of what i'm observing. Is this that difficult to understand?

I'm less likely go out of my way to provide references to this each time I want to entertain this discussion when i'm going to be met with "...nah, you're wrong, I think it's fun."

Well, why is the game fun in spite of its pitfalls? Again, I respect these answers, but I don't have patience for someone who is going to sit there and say I'm fabricating these problems. I don't fantasize about things that are wrong with the game, and contrary to the belief of a few select individuals who I am no longer entertaining, I actually don't play games when those problems reach a certain threshold. Shocking.

OK man. You're right, I'm wrong. Cheers.

Klyka

Banned
I'm just always having a hard time to being able to get why people get just SO into games.
Like,I understand you all love the game but also hate it cause it does things you don't want and like the "endgame sucks" and stuff like that. And you all got these big ideas and advice and things Bungie should or should not do.

But at the end of the day it's just like,one game of thousands out there and you're not a dev,just a consumer. So all those ideas and discussions don't really lead anywhere cause you are not changing anything about the game.
Sure, we are in the unique position that we have Luke Smith posting here, so some of this might be seen and MAYBE taken into consideration but most of the things are laid out weeks if not months in advance.

I just go from game to game, whatever takes my fancy and if I don't like a game anymore or have seen it's content I move along and maybe come back later when new things are added. So I personally don't "get" endgame and all these huge posts and threads and all the time invested in them and arguments and such just kinda weird me out cause I just think "Ok,why not play something else and come back when you feel it's worth it again?"

Maybe I'm weird,no idea.

Zocano

You misunderstood my tone. The raid took them probably over a year to design and it would be sad to see that Hard is the last thing they do.

That said, for the love of the Speaker, please no more light level grinding.

PLEASE BUNGIE

Yah, I did, read it very differently.

Gear checks will always be with us, and I really don't mind them.

Geist-

This is insane.
Using this I don't really have a problem with weapon parts as ranked up weapons drop 3-5 weapons parts as well as 1-2 motes.

darknil

Now that I'm 300+ I see where the endgame is lacking agreeing with a lot of posts that are said to be negative. I enjoy this game but:

Once you are 300+, engrams just became as dismantle stuff, remember how exciting was going to Rahool when you were 240-280? I wish engrams (not just exotic) could decrypt to 300+ stuff once you're out of that barrier.

With this, running CoO and strikes just feel pointless and the only endgame content becomes the Raid, which can be the best thing in the universe, but if it's the only thing, it will bore everyone.

One small fix to this was the NF buff, you could see it in the community posts of Tuesday.

Also, weapon parts... That's what killing the game for me. Basically I can't test any weapon outside my group because I need to dismantle everything else. In Y1 I switched weapons a lot until I got VoC and a proper shotgun with the Gally, but it was because of how good those weapons were. Now, I'm sticking between 6 weapons because I can't upgrade new weapons due to a lack of parts.

Again, I enjoy this game a lot and can't wait to Raid again, but the game has problems that could bore a lot of the community.

Deku Tree

Well if you beat Oryx HM and you get a 311-320 primary that your not going to use, don't really love, or even if you do then the best thing to do with it is infuse it into your ToM.

Everyone primarily uses ToM at Daughters and Oryx, and having a 311-320 primary is only really important right now at HM Oryx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom