• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

BahamutPT

Anyway, lets forget about the raid for a moment and have lets think about the biggest issue..

Where the fuck are the last 3 fragments?

One for each Challenge, probably (image from right after 2.0 dropped, before TTK launched)
destiny-taken-king-kings-fall-raid-level-42.jpg

No need for a flame shield from me. I agree with ALL of these points. These have been long standing problems with the game and they waffle back and forth on how they deal with them. Frustrating is an understatement.

Pray tell, what else should I have expected after reading the quote from the interview below?

They spent the entire year leading up to release talking about the grand scope of the story, how they intended on being equal with or better than Halo, of the same scope as storied franchises but somehow I'm at fault for expecting a story outside of cut up Grimoire cards and hurried dialog?

Activision execs have continued to parrot the comparison between Destiny and LotR after the initial game's release and even as recently as a few months ago during a shareholder's presser.
Ehh I am pretty sure vanilla Destiny doesnt have the same epic comparison as LoTR, Star Wars or Harry Potter. I would say you are at fault. Just looking at vanilla Destiny, you should have very low expectation of the story mode for TTK. Which TTK did improve the story mode alot but not enough still.

Have you read this, give it a read sometimes

Yeah, unless there's a way to glitch through areas, there's no way to do that solo. To give you an example, you need three people to stand in areas just to open the vault while preventing enemies from running in there.

I'm totally down to run VoG if there are any other takers looking to do it or work on the exotic quest line.
I have the Atheon checkpoint if you need it. Let me know.

Tovarisc

Anyway, lets forget about the raid for a moment and have lets think about the biggest issue..

Where the fuck are the last 3 fragments?

"We found complex bug in our systems that caused amount on fragments to be shown incorrectly, there is no 50. Just 47. Also those three Grimoire entries were synced to servers in error."

zewone

I've been watching alot of guys run HM Oryx. Really good players having trouble in the section. Saw Slayerage and his clan WIPE about 100x...on their 2nd run. We decided rather than bump our head on Oryx all night, we'd run our alts up to Oryx.
This is the best idea since most armor drops from Golgo.

Wait until everyone is at least 311.

Is a 305/304 Hunter too low for HM? If not PSN Cybrwzrd

305 is fine for everything up to Oryx at which point you will be promptly ground into a fine powder.

Obviously higher is better but I've had a couple 305 folks in runs up to then, as long as the overall team is strong.

Future

Naive for having expectations based around what the developer themselves talked about, what the developer themselves presented in ViDocs during development? The very same developer responsible for one of the largest story driven FPS franchises in console gaming history?

Yeah, how terribly naive of me. /s

You read the kotaku article right? They fucked it up and had to piece together the story. I guess it'd be naive now to expect much from the story, although at vanilla launch I'd understand.

Destiny is interesting. Still caught in this typical console game versus mmo quest a thon limbo. They structure it in a way that would be hard to portray cohesive story to allow for players jumping across content for quests or to join friends. They add an abundance of quests that people can complete within any order. People that wanted awesome story are disappointed

But then people race through the content and still expect near infinite playtime like an mmo. And while its like an mmo in ways, it really isn't structured to play this often and this much (at least for the GAF 1%). People get upset it doesn't have an infinite end game like an mmo.

Jack of all trades. Master of none

305 is fine for everything up to Oryx at which point you will be promptly ground into a fine powder.

Obviously higher is better but I've had a couple 305 folks in runs up to then, as long as the overall team is strong.

Hey if you feel like throwing your head against the wall let me know ;) We can re live some of our rage moments for HM Oryx.

SkylineRKR

So I notice the Strange coins nerf is real. Got nothing from bounties, making them even more useless.

Whats the best way outside of PoE which I fucking hate? I also got jack shit from engrams. Its mostly from faction rank ups which I can't do at a decent pace due to lack of mats and the odd lucky chest granting 3.

Also, fuck the weapon parts nerf. Got 4 parts from 4 rare weapons, as if those engrams drop that much. Its just dumb that the most efficient way is buying dupe exotics, which is cheaper than buying green weapons. Then let us buy weapon parts, like 15 for 3000 glimmer or so.

HigXx

Can someone help me with my Skyburners command Beacon? I dont want to do it myself in case I run out of time...

HigXx

Silvard

Who wants to come along to kill HM Oryx? We need 3 more, we're there right now! Please be 310+ though, it doesn't have to be more frustrating than it already is.

GlamFM

Banned
Hey guys. Had a pretty easy and straight forward HM run this morning.

We stopped at Oryx. Should I give it a shot at 308 or should I wait till I´m past 310?

MrS

Banned
Hey guys. Had a pretty easy and straight forward HM run this morning.

We stopped at Oryx. Should I give it a shot at 308 or should I wait till I´m past 310?
I'm 312 and I still daren't try it again after the fuck around the homies and I had last night. Waiting til Wednesday after running it another 2 times on my alts.

ori0n378e

Anyone want to start up a VoG Hard Mode Raid for tonight. I have never done hard before and have only done Normal twice, both with Hawkian before TDB came out. The reason I am asking is I'm at the Atheon part of the NTTE Quest, and I've never done it.

I was thinking 8 pm EST for starting. I pretty much forgot most things and I don't even know what is different in HM.

If your interested, PM me...
Just posting again...

Hey man I have a daughters CP in hard mode; if I can assemble a team would you care to help? I need senpai there to guide me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom