• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

305 is fine for everything up to Oryx at which point you will be promptly ground into a fine powder.

Obviously higher is better but I've had a couple 305 folks in runs up to then, as long as the overall team is strong.

Hey Drizzay, have you seen the Defender Titan w/ Blessing of Light + Touch of Malice strategy for the Ogres?

A Defender is the floater who pops a Blessing bubble in the middle and then uses the Touch of Malice to make quick work of the Orges as he/she can dip back into the bubble to regain an overshield, which the Touch of Malice uses first instead of health.

Seems like a great way to increase DPS during that phase.

chur

Hey Drizzay, have you seen the Defender Titan w/ Blessing of Light + Touch of Malice strategy for the Ogres?

A Defender is the floater who pops a Blessing bubble in the middle and then uses the Touch of Malice to make quick work of the Orges as he/she can dip back into the bubble to regain an overshield, which the Touch of Malice uses first instead of health.

Seems like a great way to increase DPS during that phase.
Great! I was contemplating using a weapons bubble as the floater to get the ogres down as fast as possible. Will try blessing next time I do HM Oryx.

Oryx is doooowwwn

311 Helmet and 311 Gloves though lol

22252559589_b28bfa89d5_h.jpg

Alright GAF dudes and dudettes, I have a left over daughters CP I need to run on my Hunter (309) that I'd love to clear as soon as we have a team. All I ask is you bring a can do attitude; and please be of appropriate level.

1. zombiemortar

if we can get the Drizzay and a few others hell we may even try to kill Oryx.

FStop7

Banned
I'm getting sort of obsessed with watching hard mode Oryx and analyzing the successes and failures.

The biggest thing I'm seeing is that teams are refusing to change up their strategies and just keep charging headfirst into the wall over and over in the hope that they get lucky. They could sleep walk through normal mode because they'd done it a million times and were 305 - 309, so they were kind of sloppy. Plus they were used to being able to res.

One team I noticed had an issue where they were melting the ogres up front but were really struggling in the back. The rear ogres were taking far too long to go down and then they had to scramble even harder to get the light eating knights, so the ads in the middle were pretty much running free and doing a lot of damage. It was because the guy who had probably the highest DPS always wanted to be stationed on the front left pillar. So the ogres that spawned at his pillar and the pillar across would die fast, but with no angle on the rear ogres his DPS was being wasted. Someone else should have been front left. He would have been better off stationed on one of the tall pillars in the middle because he could have focused his high DPS on all four ogres, which would have taken the pressure off of the lower DPS guys and given them more time to take down their knights and given the floater more time to clean up ads.

They kept repeating with the same tactics over and over until they quit, when they probably would have been OK if they'd changed up.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm up for more runs.

Hunter at totems, Titan at Oryx.

Oryx dropped a 300 pulse, 310 class and 304 launcher for me. Not complaining too much since my look up to him was really good.

Namikaze1

In 4-5 hours, I'll be looking for a team to help me out with hard mode Warpriest and Golgoroth on my alt. Don't care about the daughters and I already beat Oryx.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone at Flayers on 36 and Heroic strikes not dropping anything? Its fine in the Nightfall but no engrams at all in the other versions.

ori0n378e

Anyone need Nightfalls? I need 3, or if anyone is farming, may I join in on you?

If you need it, starting now, you can join on me. PSN is same as GAF.

Truant

Hundere here. Thanks to all the guys in my group. Finally did an entire raid, killed Oryx. The loot was shit, but man, what a thrill.

I'll be ready for another round next week for sure.

Also finally passed 300!

GutZ31

Guy I'm running HM on from DestinyLFg saying you need 310 minimum for Oryx.

Can anyone confirm that? That sounds BS.

For the Oryx fight, everything is 320 light level.
310 makes you less squishy, and hit hard enough to make a difference.
Everything before Oryx you can be around 304+ from what I have seen.

Sisters are the first jump in difficulty, going to 310 light.

Hard mode Oryx feels like a brick wall compared to everything that comes before it.
Did HM three times up to Oryx with a team of 305-310s, yet couldn't even kill the first round of ogres reliably when everyone was 310+.

GutZ31

I think 312-315 is more on the safe side. 310 and you literally have to be more than perfect.

Agreed.

I kept dying to oryx shooting me while on my plate, or a random turret taking my head off while on the plate.
Rarely did it feel like I was at complete fault, as exposure on top of an open platform, with little time to try and get out of the line of fire.
A couple deaths were mainly because we just didn't have enough people with high enough snipers.
People who are solid, but only have 300-307 snipers were struggling to do meaningful stagger/damage to ogres in time allotted.

I could blame it all on my team, but at the end of the day, 4 of my teammates got 310 items only, or even worse, nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom