• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

GutZ31

Sisters is still really easy imo, didn't feel any different apart from the no deaths thang.

The only real difficulty/change with the sisters I saw was that as soon as the second person is torn, you have to get going right away. You have no time to think about what platform gets handled by the floater.

Was fairly easy, but for people who struggle already with the jumping in the game, I can see this part being hellish.

Even at 300 you could still roll 290 exotics, so a negative result won't be a confirmation. If we don't see a confirmed 320 exotic decrypt from the 311+ players by the end of today, I think it would be safe to assume they can't decrpyt to 320.

I believe I was 311 when I decrypted about 5 engrams and they were all 310

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think that's the problem with Oryx. The mechanics itself, everybody has it down at this point. It's just that they keep throwing more and more stuff at you while you are taking more damage while dealing less. Oryx is more aggressive, etc.

JayHayabusa

Posting for the evening crowd:

Fresh HM King's Fall - Tonight 10pm CET - 8pm GMT

1. jayforone - 306 Titan - First run
2. Mindlog - Second Run
3. wanderjahr - 309 warlock

Need three guardians to get to Oryx and depending on drops see if he is feasible.
Laid back run for fun.

Please quote me and add urself to the list and send me a FR if u r not yet on my list.

Some thoughts on Oryx HM now that I've cleared it:

It really sucks that if you don't end up at 311+ by Oryx you are just gated by numbers. This will change in time, but for everyone this weekend, it sucks.

It requires a perfect run. We almost had him with just five after someone died to the shade. You just really need to be on your game.

We made slight adjustments to our NM tactics. As the runner my number one goal was to dunk and then get to the middle AND then take out the vessel.

At 312 Light it felt like a fair fight. Prior to that the level difference just made it annoying.

Now, I need a nap and some R&R today.

Frostburn

Alright GAF dudes and dudettes, I have a left over daughters CP I need to run on my Hunter (309) that I'd love to clear as soon as we have a team. All I ask is you bring a can do attitude; and please be of appropriate level.

1. zombiemortar
2. US-Frostburn

if we can get the Drizzay and a few others hell we may even try to kill Oryx.

If we can form a team in the next 10-15 min I'm down. Have the same CP from yesterday grouping with PrivateWHudson, made it to Daughters and tried a few times before having to run to a dinner.

My 311 Titan was doing fine through out the battle with my friends but they were all 308-310 and getting killed instantly they even decided not to kill Oryx this week and just wait till next reset to get another chance at loot and do I blame them all? Not at all.

If we can form a team in the next 10-15 min I'm down. Have the same CP from yesterday grouping with PrivateWHudson, made it to Daughters and tried a few times before having to run to a dinner.

I hope more people want to hit this up. I really don't want to leave HM loot on the table this week :/

Lnkn52

My 311 Titan was doing fine through out the battle with my friends but they were all 308-310 and getting killed instantly they even decided not to kill Oryx this week and just wait till next reset to get another chance at loot and do I blame them all? Not at all.
That's it. No need to stress your team out. HM ain't going anywhere.

Jabronium

All that means more ads. Boring.

No argument here. I hope they have something up their sleeve besides "challenge modes" and more time gated, blink-and-you-miss-them exotics, or this will be going on the back burner sooner rather than later for many of us, it sounds like.

westtrade

Neo Member
Alright GAF dudes and dudettes, I have a left over daughters CP I need to run on my Hunter (309) that I'd love to clear as soon as we have a team. All I ask is you bring a can do attitude; and please be of appropriate level.

1. zombiemortar

if we can get the Drizzay and a few others hell we may even try to kill Oryx.

I can join in if you have a free spot.
PSN: westtrade

I'm looking to set up a fresh Hard Mode raid up until the Daughters CP about an hour from now. This is mainly going to be an alt run for anyone who needs it.

1. cloud945076

coy

2. Mindlog - Second Run
4. coyquettish - 305 Titan

Need three guardians to get to Oryx and depending on drops see if he is feasible.
Laid back run for fun.

Please quote me and add urself to the list and send me a FR if u r not yet on my list.
I should be free by then for this. Will run on alt the switch to main for Oryx if that's cool.

JayHayabusa

I'm looking to set up a fresh Hard Mode raid up until the Daughters CP about an hour from now. This is mainly going to be an alt run for anyone who needs it.

1. cloud945076

Im setting one up 2 hours from now. Why don't u join us. We are three so far. Look on this page for post.

SonComet

2. Mindlog - Second Run
4.coyquettish
5.SonComet

Laid back run for fun.

I'm down to give it a shot. PSN SonComet.

KanameYuuki

Damn, if I had 310 exotic gauntlets to infuse into my 303 titan I think I could make him 312 : |

EDIT: Oh thank god, I realized my hunter had ex 308 and so titan 312, whee~~~

GutZ31

One my friends actually made her Twitter name "Fuck Bungie" after not getting anything at daughters. So yeah the salt was VERY high.

Thanks Bungle

I got bags for days.

kkhvoOl.gif

Ken

I'm getting sort of obsessed with watching hard mode Oryx and analyzing the successes and failures.

The biggest thing I'm seeing is that teams are refusing to change up their strategies and just keep charging headfirst into the wall over and over in the hope that they get lucky. They could sleep walk through normal mode because they'd done it a million times and were 305 - 309, so they were kind of sloppy. Plus they were used to being able to res.

One team I noticed had an issue where they were melting the ogres up front but were really struggling in the back. The rear ogres were taking far too long to go down and then they had to scramble even harder to get the light eating knights, so the ads in the middle were pretty much running free and doing a lot of damage. It was because the guy who had probably the highest DPS always wanted to be stationed on the front left pillar. So the ogres that spawned at his pillar and the pillar across would die fast, but with no angle on the rear ogres his DPS was being wasted. Someone else should have been front left. He would have been better off stationed on one of the tall pillars in the middle because he could have focused his high DPS on all four ogres, which would have taken the pressure off of the lower DPS guys and given them more time to take down their knights and given the floater more time to clean up ads.

They kept repeating with the same tactics over and over until they quit, when they probably would have been OK if they'd changed up.

Maybe they were too busy cursing the loot gods to talk strat change.

Owensboro

THIS POST HAS RAID SPOILERS, SKIP IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ ABOUT THEM!!!! I'm not going to /spoiler them, as we stopped doing that few OTs ago.

Welp, in case anyone is interested, the Newbie Raid of King's Fall Normal went really, really well! Everyone came in with no experience (except one jerk on the jumping puzzle!) and we made it all the way to Golgoroth before calling it a night because it was 2am for some of us.

We opened the portal with almost no problems, only took 2 tries as we didn't understand what the hell was going on the first time. However, I did enjoy singing "Space Jam" as we cleared the area.

The jumping puzzle caused probably around 45 minutes of hilarious voice chat commentary. Unfortunately, someone had done that part before (!!!!!!!!!) and let us know about the secret chest, but he didn't know how to open the door. So we took a bit to figure that out and were able to get everyone the chest, which was awesome!

The Glyph door proved to be about medium difficulty for is, as it took us a while (3-4 deaths?) to figure out about switching the buff, as well as the totems activating and what the hell the buff even did for you. Luckily, even with a few deaths (almost the entire right side died at one point) we somehow pulled it through and opened the door.

Then came the real roadblock, sleep deprivation. I think we probably wiped to Warpriest about, oh, 20 times? But it was really fun to watch our strategy evolve as we figured out the mechanics of the fight. It didn't take us until our 5th or so try for someone to ask "Why the hell does the results screen say 'Initiates killed under Brand of the Initiate'?" (or something like that). Up to that point, we had just been accepting the deaths, buff hops, and revives as part of the fight, even though something didn't seem right. We then spent the next 2 or 3 attempts figuring out how the buff worked, and how it always started on a certain person. I find it no coincidence that someone started singing "The Final Countdown" on our last few attempts on him, and our actual downing of the boss was such an AWESOME feeling. As predicted, I had to die with the buff (in a hilarious moment, someone jumped into my line of fire keeping me from shooting an add at 1~0 second left) in order for us to beat him the last time. I love that feeling of figuring out a raid boss and bringing him down with good execution. It's the best.

Then, we managed to get stuck in Golgoroth's damn maze for almost an hour and a half. Keep in mind, something amazing happened, and we all had a damn good laugh when we figured the whole thing out. Firstly, let me say we found the exit door within the first 10 minutes of being in the labyrinth, but we had all split up and when the door was found only 2 or 3 people were there. We then spent a good 30 minutes running around trying to find a switch or something, when someone found a hole high up above a door. After trying and trying to get to it, someone finally found a few ledges to hop through, and we discovered a dead end (AAAAARRRRGHHHH), but that the ground had a symbol we had all been seeing the entire time. We stepped on it, strange scary noises happened, and we split up to stand on all the others we had seen. HOLY SHIT. WE FOUND A SECRET CHEST OURSELVES. THAT'S AWESOME! It was such a great moment, except we wanted the damn door open (and everyone only got what we started calling "stinky shards" instead of actual loot). We then wandered around the damn maze for probably another 45 minutes before someone said "maybe this is just some stupid 'everyone has to be in front of the door' for it to open kind of thing". We all laughed and made fun of said individual while running to the door....and then were just absolutely flabbergasted when the damn thing opened.

We then proceeded to all fall asleep while attempting Golgoroth, which was a good time to quit. We have no idea how the fight works (somehow we can pull his gaze, and the column of light thing behind him, and going blind, and what the fuck with the balls on the ceiling you can shoot, etc. etc.) but we're excited to get back into it tonight. So far, I'm having a blast in this new raid. I hope everyone else is too! We're all set up to continue the raid tonight at 7. Wish us luck!

Whew, that's all. You can now all get back to bitching about Heroic Mode. <3 ya Destiny GAF.

btkadams

Anyone need a 6th for NM oryx?

I did all the way up to Oryx in HM but was under levelled (308). I need a NM Oryx kill to hopefully get a helmet and bring my light level up. My helmet is by far my lowest light level gear piece.

Still need 2 for Hard Mode Daughters; going to start as soon as we're full. If we can get some good drops off of them we're going to try Oryx.

edit: full

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom