• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyne

Vault of Glass semi newbie raid!

Hi guys. My two roommates just started playing  (they are already level 40) but they've never done the raids! Isn't that tragic?

Anhways, tonight I'll be running them through VoG with our other real life friends and we have one spot open! Today is your lucky day.

Whether you've never ran Vault of Glass or you love running it for fun, I invite you for some good ol' raid fun.

It'll be at 9:30 central (5 and a half hours from this post) so let me know!

1. Chrnocide
2. Chrnocide's girlfriend
3. Chrnocide's friend
4. Chrnocide's roommate #1
5. Chrnocide's roommate #2
6. YOU!

Newbie or not I ask that you be patient as I'll have to explain the mechanics as we go. :)

Kyoufu

Nope.gif

fr5445.gif

Not using Spindle? smh :p

Wow. I did the hard raid 3 times all the way up to Oryx, and the only armor piece that would drop were legs. Crazy.
I'm still 310.
Is 310 and 311 that big of a difference when it comes to Oryx?

Guys
the addiction IS real.
this noob was up til 6:30 am grinding strikes for lvls and gear to do his first ever raid.
I just woke up at 2pm. Jesus.
anyone wanna be there for it?
Its gonna be a simple lvl 26 VoG.

Wow. I did the hard raid 3 times all the way up to Oryx, and the only armor piece that would drop were legs. Crazy.
I'm still 310.
Is 310 and 311 that big of a difference when it comes to Oryx?

Apparently it is quite the difference. Last night in our group I was 310, enemies names were red text, and it felt like I wasn't doing much damage at all. We're thinking about doing runs with our alts in the hopes of getting drops to get us to 311 before we attempt Oryx again.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I hate this stupid match making in patrol. Doing these Zealots on my alt and can't do it for shit solo due to the ridiculous amount of ads and being a small area with no room to shoot from a far distance. Then the enemy fights against each other and it's like WW3.

Hi guys. My two roommates just started playing  (they are already level 40) but they've never done the raids! Isn't that tragic?

Anhways, tonight I'll be running them through VoG with our other real life friends and we have one spot open! Today is your lucky day.

Whether you've never ran Vault of Glass or you love running it for fun, I invite you for some good ol' raid fun.

1. Chrnocide
3. Chrnocide's friend
6. YOU!

Newbie or not I ask that you be patient as I'll have to explain the mechanics as we go. :)

Guys
the addiction IS real.
this noob was up til 6:30 am grinding strikes for lvls and gear to do his first ever raid.
I just woke up at 2pm. Jesus.
anyone wanna be there for it?
Its gonna be a simple lvl 26 VoG.
Have fun :3

First hard mode today fresh up to and including daughters as a Light 305.
1) 317 Ghost (from 310, 0 overall light increase)
2) 319 Rocket Launcher (first raid heavy, from 295, +3 overall light)
3) 317 Boots (from 309, 0 overall light increase)

Normal loot from that same hard gave me 300 fusion, 302 boots and 306 class item (up from 302, +1 overall light)

Overall, From 305 to 309. Pretty good, but not good enough for Oryx.

In all my Hunter raids, I've gotten boots 6 times and chest once. 0 gloves. That'd put me 310+ since it's at 294. I'm glad I finally got a raid heavy! I just need the machine gun now.

Yes you're pretty much guaranteed from what I've seen to get NO HM drop at least once in a full run. I got no drops from totems or sisters as well. If you hadn't done normal for the week, you'd of at the very least gotten shards.

Edit: top of page! Felt good to hit 310 after War Priest last night. Feels LESS good knowing I need to be about 313 for the curve to feel less punitive.
qwDtdtd.jpg

You'll be fine at 311+

AT 312+ it will feel like NM with more enemies and no revives.

Dez_

1. Chrnocide
3. Chrnocide's friend
6. YOU!

Not sure if you already got your sixth person, but I'm down to help if there's a spot open.

SkylineRKR

Man :(
I got a Monte Carlo at 290

Is it shard material? Never had it before.

Its great. Been a fan of it ever since it became good, which is since last winter or so. Only dismissed it during the huge AR nerf.

I love it in combination with the Sealed Ahamkara Grasps on my Hunter, smoke bombs for days.

LTWood12

S U R O S R E G I M E

Was waiting for that haha. It's great for folks less good at the shoot shoot bang bang side of things. Played much better than I had over the previous couple weeks, a lot of it due to Suros.

Turned on Focused Fire to make myself more deliberate w/ shots and it felt fantastic, plus it always seemed to proc health regen at critical moments

SkylineRKR

I can't really enjoy the Regime. They really need to do something about the sound of it.

Next to Monte Carlo, I use an Answering Chord I picked up from a blue today. Hammer Forged, Injection Mold and Feeding Frenzy. I still gain some range from Hammer Forged despite using Injection Mold which makes it more of a laser.

I wish Hard Light made it over. Its a laser AR without drop off, and dat sound. What a waste of a buff if its not Y2.

Destiny's control has the worst spawns I've seen since COD4.

Dungeons and sunbreakers lel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom