• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

I absolutely love Monte Carlo. I'm a melee machine. This is the first weapon I've played with in Destiny that really changes how I go about fighting.

Ugggh yea I have solar ready to go. Been putting off farming the spin metal for the arc one. But cheers. Chances are that I'll still be trying to get it done Wednesday. Absolutely nobody seems interested.

If you need to do the strike, then I can help.
I already have all the swords, so just tell me which dude I should leave alive.
PSN: onimushroom

JonCha

Last night's NM run with Glam and co. was excellent, considering I was one of the two noobs doing it. Everything was explained very clearly and we did it all in about five hours. I think if I did the NM raid again I could probably do it in about three because there wouldn't have to be explaining next time.

It's that kind of first impression that creates a positive impression for the future too. Overall just a super fun experience even though it was around half one in the morning for me!

nOoblet16

Whoa for real? I thought they were saying it was double the length of Halo 4. Was the story good at least?

It's crap...for reasons I could go on but I don't want to spoil.
Even the theme has been done 10,000 times in games and movies.
Whoa for real? I thought they were saying it was double the length of Halo 4. Was the story good at least?

It's shorter than Halo 4..lol
They also said a few things about the story, but it's all a load of bullshit because it's the exact opposite of what they said.
I have a feeling that they changed the story mid development.

Don't mine short if the missions are similar in quality to halo 3, which begs the question... Are they?
The mission quality is better than Halo 4, but the encounter design still does not match the Bungie games, there are some levels where you have ample amount of space but they are far and few unlike the pre Halo 4 games.

Even the level design is quite bland (aesthetically and also in terms of complexity) because they rely too much on forerunner architecture which is quite simple, clean and spotless, it was a bad idea for 343 to make forerunner architecture like that in Halo 4 as it looks very samey. Also they still can't match the vistas and skyboxes of even Halo 1 (aesthetically speaking ofcourse), and not even close to the ones in Halo Reach. I also hate the sound design, too much chirping and mechanical noises like the Transformer films...seems like every " futuristic" game these days goes for these sounds.

Acidote

39/50 Calcified fragments. Need to do The Hunger Pangs (35 fragments) strike and a lot of CoO. Besides that, the Agonarch and Wormsinger Runes. And I have both.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Our suffering is over. Thanks for the help Driz.

Spent all that time and got nothing of worth. My 888th Pulse which is only 302.

mid83

I know I'm a month late but I'm curious how people are enjoying The Taken King? Just fired it up for thr first time and it looks like the changes are extensive.

RexNovis

Banned
It's crap...for reasons I could go on but I don't want to spoil.
Even the theme has been done 10,000 times in games and movies.

It's shorter than Halo 4..lol
They also said a few things about the story, but it's all a load of bullshit because it's the exact opposite of what they said.
I have a feeling that they changed the story mid development.

The mission quality is better than Halo 4, but the encounter design still does not match the Bungie games, there are some levels where you have ample amount of space but they are far and few unlike the pre Halo 4 games.

Even the level design is quite bland (aesthetically and also in terms of complexity) because they rely too much on forerunner architecture which is quite simple, clean and spotless, it was a bad idea for 343 to make forerunner architecture like that in Halo 4 as it looks very samey. Also they still can't match the vistas and skyboxes of even Halo 1 (aesthetically speaking ofcourse), and not even close to the ones in Halo Reach. I also hate the sound design, too much chirping and mechanical noises like the Transformer films...seems like every " futuristic" game these days goes for these sounds.

:-/ shorter than Halo 4? They deserve to be dragged through coals over that bullshit they were spewing before release. How disappointing. Did you try the MP? How does it stack up?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
No gonna lie, I sill had fun cuz everyone was very patient including Dan ;)

I was eating cookies and creme ice cream within the last hour.

My suggestion to Bungie and all companies is the longer you spend doing a raid, the better the chances you have of getting something nice. It should be capped at a certain percentage so people can't exploit or make it seem too easy to get something but it should happen.

Dunk#7

Our suffering is over. Thanks for the help Driz.

Spent all that time and got nothing of worth. My 888th Pulse which is only 302.

HM Oryx done

312 sniper. :(

Thanks everyone. Super thanks to Drizz for coming to help.

Thanks to everybody. Sucks going to sleep at 7:30 am, but I don't have anything to do tomorrow.

Also glad that I am not going to sleep defeated.

HM Oryx reminds me of early HM Crota where everything has to go near perfect to succeed. Tough to recover from any small mistake.

Thanks again for everybody continuing to work together until we got it

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I am ready for trials.

4mfwT4Z.png

D_psipher

Last night's NM run with Glam and co. was excellent, considering I was one of the two noobs doing it. Everything was explained very clearly and we did it all in about five hours. I think if I did the NM raid again I could probably do it in about three because there wouldn't have to be explaining next time.

It's that kind of first impression that creates a positive impression for the future too. Overall just a super fun experience even though it was around half one in the morning for me!

It was a pleasure running with you guys. Hopefully you got some good loot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom