• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

chur

Good run! I forgot we weren't in party chat when I left fireteam but that was awesome.

Our improvising skills were on point
Yeah GG, that was crazy. It glitched hard when I was in his dome, he wasn't moving or taking damage. After his echo did the death animation I was still stuck in his dome. Our recovery overall was great.

I have a raid chest in my postmaster!!

This raid i got both a Normal Chest at 300 and a Hard 'Harrowed' Primary at 310.

If I didn't get my first heavy or first gloves I would have cried. Overall decent loot. If primary was at least a 312 I would have been satisfied.

Acidote

I just did the Sunless Cell strike to get the calcified fragment and got the titan helm. Kill Taniks 4325452 times for my cloak and nothing.

Not singling out Kadey, but it's just like the good old days of VoG. I just hit 299, so I'm finally ready to kill Oryx on Normal Mode. Hopefully will get some good gear to level up with, so I can run HM one day.

Oh kaydey knows i'm kidding.

Me and another guy are 308. can still stagger, just squishy.

Being squishy is a problem. I saw the stream. You guys got the first cycle perfectly. What happened after that?

I just did the Sunless Cell strike to get the calcified fragment and got the titan helm. Kill Taniks 4325452 times for my cloak and nothing.
Try farming Tanik's as a Lock or a Titan if you can, Acidote. It's unconfirmed but heavily speculated that strike exclusive class gear has a higher chance to drop for other classes. My own experience falls in line with that, too. My hunter had dupes of every Warlock/Titan drop but it wasn't until I switched to a Titan that I got Taniks and my first flayer mantle. It's a sneaky way for Bungie to entice players to roll other classes and invest more time in the game.

Acidote

Try farming Tanik's as a Lock or a Titan if you can, Acidote. It's unconfirmed but heavily speculated that strike exclusive class gear has a higher chance to drop for other classes. My own experience falls in line with that, too. My hunter had dupes of every Warlock/Titan drop but it wasn't until I switched to a Titan that I got Taniks and my first flayer mantle. It's a sneaky way for Bungie to entice players to roll other classes and invest more time in the game.

I'll try that, thanks. They're all geared anyways.

Although I don't see what's the point of doing that from Bungie. You're already farming cosmetic cloaks, you don't need to convince a player that does that to play more.

CureXIV

Need quick help taking down 270 light boss. Already at the end
please join me Squall8i it wont take 10 mins

edit: full
edit2: you guys rock

Ken

Quick questions from someone who doesn't own TTK.

How is Crucible now? Worth picking up the expansion just to do that?

Can Crucible still drop exotics/legendaries? I'll probably do some PVE stuff just to get basic set of gear but would be nice to see progression from playing Crucible.

Any of the new classes have strong PvP kits like Bladedancer did in Y1? I hear Sunbreakers (?) are broken but is it just their supers or are their passives good too?

Yeah GG, that was crazy. It glitched hard when I was in his dome, he wasn't moving or taking damage. After his echo did the death animation I was still stuck in his dome. Our recovery overall was great.

Man I thought we were all gonna die when that happened.

Quick questions from someone who doesn't own TTK.

How is Crucible now? Worth picking up the expansion just to do that?

Can Crucible still drop exotics/legendaries? I'll probably do some PVE stuff just to get basic set of gear but would be nice to see progression from playing Crucible.

Any of the new classes have strong PvP kits like Bladedancer did in Y1? I hear Sunsingers are broken but is it just their supers or are their passives good too?

Meh broken mess IMO. Only former thing that changed from before is HC nerf and removal of final round snipers.

Crucible still drop legendary gears, I have not witness a exotic drop. Currently its a pulse rifle metae. The titan Sunbreaker is pretty unfair. The super can regen shield and hp per kill, last awhile and can toss ~8 ish hammer that are tracking and can blow up. Can live thro a golden gun shot, sniper headshot with high impact. You get the idea..

Some will say it is not OP others will say it is OP

Hunter's new super is not that great for PvP and I have not seem much on the warlock's new super.

RexNovis

Banned
Meh broken mess IMO. Only former thing that changed from before is HC nerf and removal of final round snipers.

Crucible still drop legendary gears, I have not witness a exotic drop. Currently its a pulse rifle metae. The titan Sunbreaker is pretty unfair. The super can regen shield and hp per kill, last awhile and can toss ~8 ish hammer that are tracking and can blow up. Can live thro a golden gun shot, sniper headshot with high impact. You get the idea..

Some will say it is not OP others will say it is OP

Hunter's new super is not that great for PvP and I have not seem much on the warlock's new super.

Well they also sort of nerfed shotguns but they are still incredibly annoying to deal with. Shot package being gone was a good start but the still feel like they need to be addressed somehow.

The other thing that needs to be addressed is the rampant use of year 1 gear in crucible as most of it completely outclasses year 2 gear when level scaling is no longer a concern. Until this can be properly addressed all the changes they made to balance year 2 weapons won't mean a damn thing. Aside from that it definitely feels like more weapon types are viable but yea pulse rifles seem to dominate. Just not nearly to the degree hand cannons did.

nOoblet16

Sup guys.
I think I'll try to do Oryx HM fight today, I was playing Halo 5 yesterday and what a disappointing game. Short as hell, took like 6 hours to finish.

Hard mode down! Managed to cluch a 5 man on the last two phases for an epic kill, well played to our entire team :D

Was a great run, thanks so much guys.

319 chest piece with bad perks, infusion fodder for a different character as titan has a 317 one already.
300 hand cannon, lol dismantled.

phen0m24

Just want to throw up a (late) thank you post as last night Josh was able to raid. Kinezo and Zombie as well as deaf, Comms, and Uber took him into the Dreadnaught and emerged victorious. Josh had seen me do certain things but it was really awesome that he got to experience it with nice peeps. :)

He still wants to do it on his own character on the XB1, but now he'll be ready. :)

Thanks again guys! (I'm going back to bed)

RexNovis

Banned
Sup guys.
I think I'll try to do Oryx HM fight today, I was playing Halo 5 yesterday and what a disappointing game. Short as hell, took like 6 hours to finish.

Whoa for real? I thought they were saying it was double the length of Halo 4. Was the story good at least?

Zocano

Sup guys.

Don't mine short if the missions are similar in quality to halo 3, which begs the question... Are they?

I'm never gonna get this exotic sword strike done -_-

Yep. That's the only reason I was able to get my hunter up to 307.
I can prob hit 310+ if I infuse the HM titan and warlock gears to my hunter...but the loot drops are bad :/ hmm

P.s if you need to do it Wednesday let me know..I have 2 swords ready...just need to farm spinmetal...

inthrall

Okay, one run down and the hype is finally wearing off. Still need 1 more oryx kill and one fresh HM run, if anyone else if keen

RexNovis

Banned
I can prob hit 310+ if I infuse the HM titan and warlock gears to my hunter...but the loot drops are bad :/ hmm

P.s if you need to do it Wednesday let me know..I have 2 swords ready...just need to farm spinmetal...

Ugggh yea I have solar ready to go. Been putting off farming the spin metal for the arc one. But cheers. Chances are that I'll still be trying to get it done Wednesday. Absolutely nobody seems interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom