• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

inthrall

I am ready for trials.

4mfwT4Z.png

Top of page jealousy

For those just waking up and wondering what this new strat is for Oryx:

Alright, alternate strategy for Oryx:

1. Starts normally; 1 jumper, 3 on the platforms, 2 on the daughters platform (whoever the relic is above is the floater who can be on the daughters platform).
2. 3 on the platforms crouch on the back of their platform and don't need to do anything. 2 on the daughters need to weaken all the ogres (25-50%).
3. When the jumper calls out that he has the relic, everyone gets to the daughter platform that is opposite of Oryx. Watch out for that pesky ship. Start shooting the vessel once the relic holder steals the brand, but everyone switch to Oryx once he opens up.
4. Stagger Oryx, finish killing the vessel, and then 4 designated people (most likely the platform people) each call out when they are ready to kill their ogre. You have 30 seconds from stagger to detonation, so take your time. Once you get 4 "readys" kill them, the 4 jump down and detonate their bombs. Relic holder jumps down to the floor in the middle, and everyone groups up there. Keep shooting Oryx.
5. The rest is the same. Just repeat 3 more times and you have your kill.

Hope that all made sense!

Edit: And here's the video of our clear from my perspective. Apologies for the loud typing in the beginning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU8KP3rNwvI

Big thanks to my group for trying this out after Hoffelcopter suggested it. They were great in figuring out the details; I was happy to be along for the ride. Still pumped that we got him down twice with two different groups last night.

GlamFM

Banned
It was a pleasure running with you guys. Hopefully you got some good loot.

Last night's NM run with Glam and co. was excellent, considering I was one of the two noobs doing it. Everything was explained very clearly and we did it all in about five hours. I think if I did the NM raid again I could probably do it in about three because there wouldn't have to be explaining next time.

It's that kind of first impression that creates a positive impression for the future too. Overall just a super fun experience even though it was around half one in the morning for me!

Trust me, your next run will be closer to 2 hrs ;)

Was super fun indeed. 4 in the morning when I got to bed, my daughter woke me up 3 hours later...

I´m tired.

It was 3 noobs btw. My brother had no idea what he was doing. He completed it once, but with a very good team. He was dead for 70% of it ;)

noomi

Big thanks to my group for trying this out after Hoffelcopter suggested it. They were great in figuring out the details; I was happy to be along for the ride. Still pumped that we got him down twice with two different groups last night.

Awesome thanks for posting this, will try today :)

JonCha

It was a pleasure running with you guys. Hopefully you got some good loot.

Trust me, your next run will be closer to 2 hrs ;)

Was super fun indeed. 4 in the morning when I got to bed, my daughter woke me up 3 hours later...

I´m tired.

It was 3 noobs btw. My brother had no idea what he was doing. He completed it once, but with a very good team. He was dead for 70% of it ;)

Yeah - I know that feeling! Set my alarm for an optimistic 8am this morning haha.

And I got the raid Scout Rifle which is apparently pretty good and a good alternative to my Red Death along with the boots for my hunter at 304, which I was happy enough with considering I'm sub-300 Light still. Seems like running Normal Mode a few more times to get more gear is the way to go at the moment.

mandiller

I absolutely love Monte Carlo. I'm a melee machine. This is the first weapon I've played with in Destiny that really changes how I go about fighting.

You and me! I love it too. I'm using it with my Claws, which allows me to store a second melee. Add to that I'm a storm caller and have a semi-ranged melee that shoots lightning out without having to stand right next to an enemy and the perpetual charge perk (grenades recharge my melee, melee recharges my grenades). It's a beast. Great gun for PvP too I find.

It is definitely the gun I've got that most changes your play style if you equip it.

GlamFM

Banned
Yeah - I know that feeling! Set my alarm for an optimistic 8am this morning haha.

And I got the raid Scout Rifle which is apparently pretty good and a good alternative to my Red Death along with the boots for my hunter at 304, which I was happy enough with considering I'm sub-300 Light still. Seems like running Normal Mode a few more times to get more gear is the way to go at the moment.

At what LL did the scout come? Does it have full auto?

LiK

Now that I finished HM, gonna take a break from Destiny. Might be back for fresh KF runs to see if I get any new loot. Might just ignore Oryx for now. Sick of that fight. Not sure if I'll be back for Trials. Who knows.

Now I can finally sleep....zzzzzzz

coy

I ran a group with Hoffelcopter last night and the strat is great. This really helps mitigate the penalties suffered by the underleveled as we had 3 or 4 <310 including the runner. We also had 0 Titans so it is doable without bubble buffs (not that I recommend that, but that was just the makeup of the group). Your notes and video helped a ton to detail what's going on. I encourage any individual or group who felt like they couldn't get a HM Oryx kill this weekend due to nothing more than RNG LL (I know I did) to give the strat a shot.

I am ready for trials.

4mfwT4Z.png

teoUVSa.gif

Zombine

Banned
Unfortunately, my real life errands took all the time away from my Destiny ones ;_;

Also I got hooked into Bloodborne which isn't helping.

Totally understandable. I had absolutely nothing to do this weekend so I spent all day marathoning Destiny.

GlamFM

Banned
OPINION TIME!

They released the HM to soon and divided the community a bit by doing so.

No big deal, we will catch up in two weeks or so, but for >50% of DGAF the first HM weekend has been rather frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom