• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timepiece 2.0 hype

Waves at EJ and Tears have fun in HM

Hola GAF

I'm not even in HM now, already finished it :)

5N9FBbDh.jpg

For Trials, I have to choose between Nirwen's Mercy or a pretty decent Hawksaw that dropped for me.

Don't know how to watch twitch archives on my iPhone. Will watch it later. Thx!

I need to get in on this b4 Bungie patches out the new strat
and adds game breaking bugs to the encounter.... Ugh.

Go to People tab on Search, search for Luminosity, click on his name and it should take you there. I'm on mobile now actually. They only played 3 games but were pretty competitive matches. I really hate pulse rifle meta though, it's boring :-/

Lol @ raid cheese patches causing bugs, we know all too well how true that's been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJxcxrXV1VM

My PoV, description stolen from Save. It pretty much negates the Light Eating Knights and makes it a lot easier in terms of positioning and timing.

Cool, hadn't watched it from your perspective yet. One thing I'd recommend is to use ToM to weaken/take down ogres when we're on the daughter platform with invincibility. Seems easier than trying to snipe them down.

so Greyblade, Silver, Gore, mehramantrou, and biggy this is the little devil that is causing so much noise:

Oh my, too cute

phen0m24

I'm not even in HM now, already finished it :)

But there are really 2 questions.

1) Which sniper will you use, and
2)
Will you melee after you shoot :p

Go to People tab on Search, search for Luminosity, click on his name and it should take you there. I'm on mobile now actually. They only played 3 games but were pretty competitive matches. I really hate pulse rifle meta though, it's boring :-/

Lol @ raid cheese patches causing bugs, we know all too well how true that's been.

Drizzy I have a Daughters CP but am 308-ish. Do you think we could give it a shot tonight, or just
gulp lol
wait until Weds.

Deku Tree

Thanks I got it to work with the twitch app like you said.

Cool, hadn't watched it from your perspective yet. One thing I'd recommend is to use ToM to weaken/take down ogres when we're on the daughter platform with invincibility. Seems easier than trying to snipe them down.

Yeah, I switched to doing that the second run after watching your's, was much more efficient.

When I was floater I'd use sniper and MG to weaken Ogres then ToM for everything once the Aura arrived. I was only temporary floater when my platform was last so I hardly ever used up ammo honestly.

The main ammo drains were the Shade and then using my MG on the LE Knight while I was detonating my blight. Depending on where the blights dropped I might kill the opposite knight if I saw it running towards Lik's blight. Save a lot of synths w this strat, haha.

Coolio.

Planing on doing more Oryx kills today?

I always feel very safe when you´re on my team. ;)

Haha thanks, I try to be helpful. I've got life stuff to do for a while but I'll be around later today. About how many hours from now were you gonna play?

Drizzy I have a Daughters CP but am 308-ish. Do you think we could give it a shot tonight, or just
gulp lol
wait until Weds.

Yeah we can definitely give it a shot. Honestly there's not much DPS requirement for this strat and fewer times when you're exposed to taking damage so 308 isn't a huge deal.

You literally hide on your platform, then shoot from an invincibility bubble for majority of the fight. Only risky parts are detonating blights and killing Shades.

Truant

Any good tactic for getting the T2 CoO fragments? Is there a way to restart without losing a rune? I need the Wizard + Knights combo.

a) 1 Wizard + 2 Knights (Lokaar + Cra'adug and Mengoor)

b) 1 Wizard + 1 Knight (Lokaar + Vorlog)

I know I'm a month late but I'm curious how people are enjoying The Taken King? Just fired it up for thr first time and it looks like the changes are extensive.
Overall great, with a sprinkle of the odd Bungie BS here and there but that's to be expected. Still could use a bit more variety in activities/loot considering the scope the franchise is aiming for.

edit- Truant you can abandon the activity until you get the right combination, you won't lose the rune. Kinda a dick move if there's other non fireteam members there but not really a big deal.

GlamFM

Banned
When I was floater I'd use sniper and MG to weaken Ogres then ToM for everything once the Aura arrived. I was only temporary floater when my platform was last so I hardly ever used up ammo honestly.

The main ammo drains were the Shade and then using my MG on the LE Knight while I was detonating my blight. Depending on where the blights dropped I might kill the opposite knight if I saw it running towards Lik's blight. Save a lot of synths w this strat, haha.

Haha thanks, I try to be helpful. I've got life stuff to do for a while but I'll be around later today. About how many hours from now were you gonna play?

Yeah we can definitely give it a shot. Honestly there's not much DPS requirement for this strat and fewer times when you're exposed to taking damage so 308 isn't a huge deal.

You literally hide on your platform, then shoot from an invincibility bubble for majority of the fight. Only risky parts are detonating blights and killing Shades.

6 maybe 7 even.

Lnkn52

Were you runner on your Titan? How's the damage?

Jigga was getting pounded on his warlock because of the floaty jump.

The main ammo drains were the Shade and then using my MG on the LE Knight while I was detonating my blight. Depending on where the blights dropped I might kill the opposite knight if I saw it running towards Lik's blight. Save a lot of synths w this strat, haha

Yeah, I did the same as far as using my sniper/ToM. We didn't even bother worrying about the LE Knights. Was that necessary for you guys?

Bogeypop

Any good tactic for getting the T2 CoO fragments? Is there a way to restart without losing a rune? I need the Wizard + Knights combo.

Just leave the Court of Oryx area and let the timer run out if you don't get the desired boss(es). It refunds your Rune and you can try again.

coy

If you don't get the combination you're looking for, jump off the side and let the event end. You'll keep the rune and can try again.

Truant

Excellent. I'm at 43 fragments now. Just need the last T2 one, and the I missed from King's Fall. 33 I think.

If anyone has a checkpoint near the jumping puzzle before the daughters, I'd be forever grateful. I think that's the one I missed.

Edit: At 44 now, thanks guys. Touch of Malice is sooo close.
There's probably a LL 300 quest after I get the fragments, though.

But there are really 2 questions.

1) Which sniper will you use, and
2)
Will you melee after you shoot :p

gulp lol
wait until Weds.

Hey man let the Lil' Colonel he did great last night on his run. Glad I could take him through on his first run. :)

Truant

Anyone with a KF checkpoint near the last fragment willing to sherpa me? I think it's the one in the piston area. I'll help with whatever else you need in return.

PSN Hundere

Were you runner on your Titan? How's the damage?

Jigga was getting pounded on his warlock because of the floaty jump.

Titan is best runner no question. Best speed to stay ahead of the Oryx/Ogre blasts, use skating/boost canceling as needed for a little evasion. Really important to be fast so you can slam the Knight as close to his spawn as possible. If he's already run towards the middle the two ogres will be right on top of you.

I need to dump some more Motes into my Harrowed chest piece to see how much the raid perk "more armor when carrying relic" actually helps for surviving trip to dunk Vessel. Might be super useful now.

Yeah, I did the same as far as using my sniper/ToM. We didn't even bother worrying about the LE Knights. Was that necessary for you guys?

More a safety measure. Totally depended on where the blights dropped. If they were far back from the Daughter platform towards the Knight spawns it was important. If they were close it didn't matter. Also Lik was only 308 Light so he got one-shot by them if they snuck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom