• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Oryx cp normal mode but have never done the encounter. Anyone feel like helping me through it?

If you can find 4 others, I'm willing to join as I haven't beaten Oryx on my Hunter this week.
I'll be having dinner in a while so an hour from now would be good, if you can wait that long.

Is the raid helmet a more frequent drop on Hard mode?

I believe so. That was the case in Crota and it only dropped on HM in VoG. Luke said anyone getting helmets in the first few weeks of NM were super lucky.

I did 17 NM raids w 0 helmets. Got a Harrowed helmet (and a normal one...) on my second HM clear. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal of course.

Kyoufu

I believe so. That was the case in Crota and it only dropped on HM in VoG. Luke said anyone getting helmets in the first few weeks of NM were super lucky.

I did 17 NM raids w 0 helmets. Got a Harrowed helmet (and a normal one...) on my second HM clear. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal of course.

My question is, why do we have to be super lucky to get the helm? Why is it different than the other pieces?

My question is, why do we have to be super lucky to get the helm? Why is it different than the other pieces?

Helmets are super duper special and precious dude, haven't you heard? Remember how Tower vendor helmets cost nearly twice as many marks as every other armor piece in vanilla?

I have no idea why. KF helmet perk doesn't seem like anything great. I guess they're considered special because it's your "face." I guess. I don't know. It's silly.

Trakan

Great, I was just curious what with the terrible drop rates on everything else I've been reading about.

I need that Warlock helmet, can't wait to get it.

Coz Bungie wants you to grind, grind, grind and then grind some more. And they love the taste of the tears you shed when you see others in party get the helm and all you have to show for the encounter are 2 shards.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Whats the purpose of not killing the Ogres right away in the Oryx fight? Does it stop ads spawning when going to detonate?

LTWood12

Whats the purpose of not killing the Ogres right away in the Oryx fight? Does it stop ads spawning when going to detonate?

Keeps the light eater knights from stealing the blights.

They're ain't no Chalice, so bring ya Malice.

Use it to stagger and get your HM swagger.

I'm here all day people.

Namikaze1

Giving myself 3-4 weeks to prepare for a future King's Fall HM flawless run. My poor alts will be stuck around 310-312 for long ass while. Gonna infuse any high LL gear that drops for them to my main's stuff.

LifEndz

If you can find 4 others, I'm willing to join as I haven't beaten Oryx on my Hunter this week.
I'll be having dinner in a while so an hour from now would be good, if you can wait that long.

An hour from now is perfect for me. Anyone else? 4 spots open for Oryx cp normal mode. Go time at 12 pm EST.

1) Lifendz
2) ChildofHatex
3)
4)
5)
6)

Sorry raid team had to run.

Notable drops: Exotic Primary Engram, 312 Raid Sniper that went into my black spindle, 317 class item, 320 raid boots

Unstable

Giving myself 3-4 weeks to prepare for a future King's Fall HM flawless run. My poor alts will be stuck around 310-312 for long ass while. Gonna infuse any high LL gear that drops for them to my main's stuff.

Sucks that progression is so RNG dependent, otherwise flawless would be trivial once you have the gear.

Artificial Difficulty Boyz

Silvard

Helmets are super duper special and precious dude, haven't you heard? Remember how Tower vendor helmets cost nearly twice as many marks as every other armor piece in vanilla?

I have no idea why. KF helmet perk doesn't seem like anything great. I guess they're considered special because it's your "face." I guess. I don't know. It's silly.

While the varying light level combined with the excessive rarity of helm drops is stupid, the idea that helmets are more valuable than the rest of the pieces isn't really too far off in reality. There's fewer combinations of perks on helmets so it's a lot easier to find a "perfect" one than any other piece of gear.

Disker

Still need Oryx and daughters on my Warlock, he is 310 now.

LFG is a no go as it seems everybody quits after 2 rounds.......

Will go on Oryx, and do daughters another time.

If so just send Disker a invite (PS4)

edit: Have a group

SeanR1221

My cousin and I (309 and 311 respectively) want to try the new method on oryx. He said he could be on around 12 EST. any interest in starting to form a group?

Thanks for the run Daryl, Silver, Biggy, Gore and Greyblade. 314 Ghost, 317 RL, 314 Chest and 310 Praxic fire from the exotic chest. Warlock is up to 307, hopefully can have some luck with my Titan and Hunter later

CREMSteve

I'm still looking to kill HM Oryx for the first time, anyone have an open spot on PS4? I'm a 310 Titan. I have the checkpoint.

StrykerIsland

BraXzy

Sup guys.
I think I'll try to do Oryx HM fight today, I was playing Halo 5 yesterday and what a disappointing game. Short as hell, took like 6 hours to finish.

Well you probably played it on Normal, which really is intended for people who aren't great at games so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom