• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to make a bet but there's nothing GHorn-esque to put up as a meaningful wager. I'll try this instead:

If Bungie doesn't patch something related to the new Oryx strat, I'll dismantle my Atheon's Epilogue.

...don't laugh. It was my very first raid drop. Trust me, it has a lot of sentimental value.

How long do we wait before we say its "unpatched".

Havent tried the strat, but is it really broken?

ori0n378e

Can Atheon be beat solo with titan? I'm trying to finish the quest and no one is doing vog. Tried to start one yesterday. Hopefully DLFG works...

Can Atheon be beat solo with titan? I'm trying to finish the quest and no one is doing vog. Tried to start one yesterday. Hopefully DLFG works...

You can wait untill the quest comes up again and this thread will have a lot of people looking for Atheon. That is if you dont mind waiting of course :p

BahamutPT

I want to make a bet but there's nothing GHorn-esque to put up as a meaningful wager. I'll try this instead:

If Bungie doesn't patch something related to the new Oryx strat, I'll dismantle my Atheon's Epilogue.

...don't laugh. It was my very first raid drop. Trust me, it has a lot of sentimental value.

I don't see why they should. It's not a "cheese" and it's not circumventing any mechanics either, to be fair.

Finish off HM Oryx on all 3 characters..Hunter was 309, Warlock was 308 and Titan was 307 before...

After noting changed :|

O well atleast its easy now, good run guys. Nice and smooth :)

EL CUCO

They're not going to patch this. Why would they? We're not exploiting anything.
Yeah this strat kinda reminds me of the window ledge strat for HM Crota. Everybody thought Bungie would patch the boomer Knights to be able to shoot you, but it never happened.

I dont think this'll get patched.

Deku Tree

Last question, how much XP bonus do the exotic items give (from the collector's edition)?

Edit; also, is there a way of confirming if you've redeemed your expansion pack codes?

I think it's a 25% bonus for leveling your subclass and increasing your overall level. Plus I believe it's a 10% exp bonus to weapons and armor.

The exotic items are not upgradable beyond 170 light so you can't wear them forever but you can put them on when you are turning in exp bounties, and if your over leveled for the content your playing then wearing them doesn't drag you down much. Just can't wear them in the new KF raid.

Edit: check your profile on Bungie.net under codes. Or check if you can download the expansion pack from the PSN or Xbox store.

LiK

Its skips the entire red bar knight mechanic, doesnt it?

whenever i had to detonate the bombs that happen to be further back near platforms, i had to avoid those damn Knights. got killed by them twice which messed us up. thankfully Drizzay was helping me out with them when they got too close. they're still a factor.

MikeyMike

Any real difference between normal and harrowed gear beside LL and shade? I'm thinking about infusing my 307 with 317 since it has better perks.

whenever i had to detonate the bombs that happen to be further back near platforms, i had to avoid those damn Knights. got killed by them twice which messed us up. thankfully Drizzay was helping me out with them when they got too close. they're still a factor.

Yeah those Knights will fuck anyone up. Just wondering did you guys kill the ogres all at the same time?

We manage to avoid them for the vast majority of the time by killing all the ogres at the same time. But sometimes they manage to creep up while we were setting off the bombs.

noomi

Ah, i wasnt aware that the knights still spawn with this strat. Would you guys still have to kill them after simultaneously killing the 4 ogres?

Unstable

I'll dismantle mine too!

Hahahaha

LiK

Yeah those Knights will fuck anyone up. Just wondering did you guys kill the ogres all at the same time?

We manage to avoid them for the vast majority of the time by killing all the ogres at the same time. But sometimes they manage to creep up while we were setting off the bombs.

yea, it was hard to see where they come from. it killed me one time by walking through the orb and one shotting me before i could run away.

Ah, i wasnt aware that the knights still spawn with this strat. Would you guys still have to kill them after simultaneously killing the 4 ogres?

nah, bombs will kill them.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I think it's a 25% bonus for leveling your subclass and increasing your overall level. Plus I believe it's a 10% exp bonus to weapons and armor.

The exotic items are not upgradable beyond 170 light so you can't wear them forever but you can put them on when you are turning in exp bounties, and if your over leveled for the content your playing then wearing them doesn't drag you down much. Just can't wear them in the new KF raid.

Edit: check your profile on Bungie.net under codes. Or check if you can download the expansion pack from the PSN or Xbox store.
Thanks a bunch.

Vast majority of the time, they were not an issue when we kill the 4 ogres at the same time. We had 2 call outs. "ready" when the ogres are <5 % HP, and the last guy would say "kill" and we killed them all at once.

From my experiences, the knights can still creep up and waste the person setting the bomb off. It varies depending on the location where the ogres died.

LiK

Vast majority of the time, they were not an issue when we kill the 4 ogres at the same time. We had 2 call outs. "ready" when the ogres are <5 % HP, and the last guy would say "kill" and we killed them all at once.

From my experiences, the knights can still creep up and waste the person setting the bomb off. It varies depending on the location where the ogres died.

perfect spot is always right between the regular platforms and daughter platofrms. any further back and it aggros the Knights pretty quickly.

protip: i tossed a fusion grenade at them and it makes them stop for a few seconds. very helpful if they're coming for you.

Nothing. That's the HM drop. You got nothing.

Pretty sure "nothing" is a HM potential drop from every encounter except Oryx. It's baffling.

It took Blizzard 2+ years to fix Diablo 3 loot system, I guess we'll have to wait the same time, if not more, before Bungie gets loot finally right.

Imo just bring back the loot system from HoW. Getting a guaranteed item from cores was a step in the right direction. Players would know what they were playing for each week and were not dependent on rng.

perfect spot is always right between the regular platforms and daughter platofrms. any further back and it aggros the Knights pretty quickly.

protip: i tossed a fusion grenade at them and it makes them stop for a few seconds. very helpful if they're coming for you.

yeah def agreed. I felt most of the time, the ogres were alway near the stairs by the entrance or in the very front :/

did you do anything to keep them near that area or was it just RNG A.I?

LiK

yeah def agreed. I felt most of the time, the ogres were alway near the stairs by the entrance or in the very front :/

did you do anything to keep them near that area or was it just RNG A.I?

RNG AI. it SUCKS when your ogre ends up being right next to the daughter platforms. i can hardly shoot them below us and it delays me killing them off for the bombs. happened a few times. managed to get away with it tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom