• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jafku

Oryx HM down on all characters!
Loot I got this week:
310 Harrowed Anguish of Drystan
310 Harrowed Defiance of Yasmin
315 Harrowed Elulim's Frenzy RL
313 Ghost Shell
317 Hunter Chest
313 Hunter Boots
311+312 Titan Boots (wtf)
315 Titan Mark
313 Warlock Guantlets
314 Warlock Bond.
Overall not too happy with the drops. I still have to do the warpriest with my Warlock but i'm not sure i'm gonna bother tbh

BahamutPT

I don't want to get into the whole "what is cheese?" philosophical debate. It's boring and usually leads to thread saltiness. People can and should play this game however the hell they want, outside of cheating.

But I think Bungie thinks it's cheese. Just a feeling I have, could totally be wrong. Wouldn't be much of a bet if there was only one obvious outcome.

Oh sure, I completely agree! To them it's a cheese. (Wasn't trying to start a debate btw, sorry for that ^^)
But I don't see them patching it. Or 1-gaze Golgoroth either, to be honest (Luke has always mentioned the "two taunters" so that's also they way they intended the fight to go).

BahamutPT

Bungie would probably patch in some flames or something like that that damages you constantly on the daughters platforms to make them pointless to stand on during th Oryx encounter.

The Aura makes Guardians immune to all damage, so they would have to change the way the Aura works for the flames to be effective. Otherwise, they wouldn't work at all.

the_id

Anyone wanna help be clear a normal raid with oryx?
I have a check point. I need to do it to get my 310 artefact

Pan: the_id light lvl 309

1. The_id

Magwik

Banned
Got a wicked new emblem from running strikes
CSML1NQUcAEcZc0.jpg:large

I don't consider it cheese what so ever, its like the Atheon or Crota encounter, you can DPS Atheon by three ways and Crota by three ways as well...

It's not quite the same as where to DPS the boss. In all those examples you were still going through the same mechanical progression. This strat gives a loophole for intended LE Knight "mechanic." Also, there was only one place to DPS Scrota: up his ass with a sword.

Personally I hope they leave it in so people can use it to get easier clears. But it just makes a boring fight even more boring. Crouching and hiding then sitting in an invincible bubble zzzz. Makes it more like Crota where only the runner has an exciting job, except sword slicing was a lot more fun.

So my Titan who has only ever had a chest piece drop from NM went through hard mode for the first time and got from Golgoroth...... a 304 NM chest and a 314 Harrowed one. Wheres the loot Luke?

Warlock and Titan are at 307, Hunter is 309 with warpriest onwards to do tomorrow

phen0m24

It's not quite the same as where to DPS the boss. In all those examples you were still going through the same mechanical progression. This strat gives a loophole for intended LE Knight "mechanic." Also, there was only one place to DPS Scrota: up his ass with a sword.

Personally I hope they leave it in so people can use it to get easier clears. But it just makes a boring fight even more boring. Crouching and hiding then sitting in an invincible bubble zzzz. Makes it more like Crota where only the runner has an exciting job, except sword slicing was a lot more fun.

So let's get some characters through sooner rather than later ;)

Zocano

I can't tell if people are serious about them "fixing" the new strategy.

That'd be like them "fixing" the window strategy from Crota's End.

Yeah I don't know. I was just putting my two cents out there because I don't think there is nothing wrong with it. Running the ghost for the first time and doing this strat last night was chaotic and stupid fun.

Except for that moment I got 360 No Scope "Mom get the Camera!" Snipe from the Tomb Ship. Fuck that ship.

You never know with Bungie.

I agree with Drizz that it makes the fight even more boring than it already was. I was literally checking gaf during the platform sections because I had absolutely nothing to do.

EL CUCO

Not to mention, the whole fireteam runs into the crystal room taunting Crota behind the glass for 60 seconds or whatever it is.

Deku Tree

Things we still don't know about that have been indicated to be in the game

Three lost calcified fragments
Grimoire for another PvP map
Oryx, Golgo, and Warpriest challenges
HM KF Ship in Kiosk.
TTK quest reward ship in kiosk... More quests? Bugged?
Any 320 Artifacts?
Light level 330 exotics briefly shown in the Bungie Armory

Am I missing anything?

No itd be akin to them fixing the teleportation from atheon, where atheon would teleport the furthest people away from him. Then they patched it so its random. Because it was trivializing that mechanic.

Its why I will be surprised if they dont patch something into this

RedFury

How the heck did those that got Titan emblems already get 15 storm fist kills with trex arms?!
Edit: tips would be appreciated.

EL CUCO

No itd be akin to them fixing the teleportation from atheon, where atheon would teleport the furthest people away from him. Then they patched it so its random. Because it was trivializing that mechanic.

Its why I will be surprised if they dont patch something into this
That was a different Bungie. A Bungie that was borderline hostile towards players creativity.

Kyoufu

Maybe Bungie could have came up with a meaningful mechanic instead of something that could be negated completely simply by standing on a higher platform...

You just miss my clacking sound effects :3

I can't deny the truth: Clack-a-Saurus was an unstoppable force of nature!

Not to mention, the whole fireteam runs into the crystal room taunting Crota behind the glass for 60 seconds or whatever it is.

Bleh, that encounter design was so bad it trivialized itself. Watching paint dry between sword spawns was the intended (and only available) activity.

People keep mentioning the Crota ledge but nobody has mentioned the addition of a "basement Gatekeeper." He was added to HM specifically because Bungie didn't like teams using that location to kill Ogres. It trivialized the "mechanic" of alternating sword beaerer spawns with Ogre spawns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom