• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

BahamutPT

I wouldn't really mind if they patched it. I don't think the new strat will be a must once our characters overcome the artificial difficulty added. It's already possible to do it the way Bungie intended. It's just easier for lower LL groups for now.

LiK

From the thread consensus it sounds like my precious Atheon's Epilogue is on death's door ;_;

I'll run the strat again tonight and see how it feels. My gut reaction from this morning was that it seemed too easy to live. But perhaps it's too beautiful to die...

watch out, you'll end up needing it just to trade for G-Horn 2.0 in a future Daily.

EL CUCO

From the thread consensus it sounds like my precious Atheon's Epilogue is on death's door ;_;

I'll run the strat again tonight and see how it feels. My gut reaction from this morning was that it seemed too easy to live. But perhaps it's too beautiful to die...
Who would've known that Oryx would be Atheons epilogue's epilogue. A true taken king.

Would be hilarious if that message popped up during the daughters fight as well. Programming that area to be different depending on which encounter is going on sounds difficult.
This is also why I think they won't put soft kill barriers. Like in Vault of Glass when everyone sniped oracles, that area didn't have a kill volume since you had to come through that way to get to the arena. You have to go up to the platforms to steal the brand from the deathsingers. Although, 5 seconds is plenty of time to do that...

Why does the previous fight teach you that being Torn is random and yet the next fight lets you choose? Inconsistent.

There are SO many examples of this in KF (as I ranted about in Mega-post a few pages back). It's the same mistake as Crota's End. Bridge forced everyone to learn how the sword worked, then Crota let you designate the same guy every time. Blah.

Here's another: Light Eating Knights eat light. Light Eating Ogres don't eat light, they drop it (shoulda been "Ate Light Ogres"). Vessel of Oryx eats light. Wat. Boo.

As expected, the shader looks better on my titan but then again I need the full raid set on both my hunter and titan to see how its intended to look.

I0Ey3im.jpg

There are SO many examples of this in KF (as I ranted about in Mega-post a few pages back). It's the same mistake as Crota's End. Bridge forced everyone to learn how the sword worked, then Crota let you designate the same guy every time. Blah.

Here's another: Light Eating Knights eat light. Light Eating Ogres don't eat light, they drop it (shoulda been "Ate Light Ogres"). Vessel of Oryx eats light. Wat. Boo.

Light Engorged Ogres would have been a cooler name.

As expected, the shader looks much better on the titan.

That actually looks really nice. Think I'm just missing a helmet and I'll have a full set.

Silvard

Sounds like a high powered strat of some kind not even considered for mass adoption.

2real4tv

Void ability kills with hunter sucks is there a better way than woken the hive? Iam only getting 2-3% each time. Does the Abyss in Crota raid work?

Cool sounds good man. Me, Ruthless and Ninja still need all 3 of our kills, so it would be awesome if we could find a time to try to knock them out tonight.

On the plus side, all three of my characters can hit 313 now, so I'm definitely ready, lol.

FTFY Good Doctor :p

Haha yeah I can probably hop online in an hour or two if people are around. If we can get a few reasonably quick clears I'm down to keep running it for awhile depending on interest level.

As expected, the shader looks much better on the titan.

This is the much better looking version? ;_;

Edit: I can't believe this isn't an awesome "make us look Tooken" shader.

FStop7

Banned
I just had a 290 Thunderlord pop from a legendary engram. Came with decent perks, too: Perfect Balance, Lightning Rounds, and Feeding Frenzy.

This came from the Echo Chamber strike. My 3oC worked, too: a 290 4th Horseman.

I also got a sublime engram that I haven't yet decrypted. I'm not sure which class I want to use it with. I'm kind of thinking my Warlock, I want the cool looking helmet.

Silvard

Haha yeah I can probably hop online in an hour or two if people are around. If we can get a few reasonably quick clears I'm down to keep running it for awhile depending on interest level.

Signing up for it an hour or two in advance.

I just had a 290 Thunderlord pop from a legendary engram. Came with decent perks, too: Perfect Balance, Lightning Rounds, and Feeding Frenzy.

I also got a sublime engram that I haven't yet decrypted. I'm not sure which class I want to use it with. I'm kind of thinking my Warlock, I want the cool looking helmet.
Looks like shit from the back, warlock helmet that is.

Exotic weapons always drop with the same perks FYI. Only armor that has some randomized perks and can be re-rolled w glass needles.

I'd decide what class you want the full sublime set for first. Hunter looks best imo but Warlock helm is cool. Not a fan of Titan set.

So standard MMO raids, okay.

Since when is Destiny a standard MMO?

Trakan

I personally agree with you in that I think Bungie will see it as being to easy and will want to change it, but there are certain things that I never thought would stay in the game and they stayed untouched. I'm guessing it's just a matter of how intensive something is to change/fix. I never thought skipping parts of the maze in CE, standing on the ledge in CE, or sniping oracles in VOG would stick around.

2nd Grasp. Exhumed(Eh), Braced Frame, and Third eye. Not a god toll but a decent/good one.

I need to try out Praedyth's Timepiece in regular Crucible to see if that PR archetype is worth farming.

I'd be satisfied with a Counter Balance-Hand Laid Stock or BFrame-whatever roll. Only 3rd eye and Glass Half Full are worth a damn on that last slot.

Well from my hunters perspective it has quite a bit of white on it mixed with the green and black which looks terrible but then again I need the full raid set to really see how that turns out so hopefully it doesn't stay that way.

inthrall

I need to try out Praedyth's Timepiece in regular Crucible to see if that PR archetype is worth farming.

I'd be satisfied with a Counter Balance-Hand Laid Stock or BFrame-whatever roll. Only 3rd eye and Glass Half Full are worth a damn on that last slot.

I'l be down for either farming that or getting in on some oryx kills later if you need a hand

Jabronium

Thanks Macello, the_id, Vader, Gibbs, and TheJustOne for my first NM Oryx kill. Got the scout at 303. Definitely makes me feel more confident to tackle the rest of the raid.

Signing up for it an hour or two in advance.

For sure! Gotta get you through that fight.

I personally agree with you in that I think Bungie will see it as being to easy and will want to change it, but there are certain things that I never thought would stay in the game and they stayed untouched. I'm guessing it's just a matter of how intensive something is to change/fix. I never thought skipping parts of the maze in CE, standing on the ledge in CE, or sniping oracles in VOG would stick around.

Most definitely. All about how hard implementing the fix would be.

Leaving the Crota ledge surprised me, but if changing the geometry was the only fix I'd understand. Besides you could still stand on the side areas next to the ledge and be outside Boomer aggro. I think that encounter was simply beyond fixing. They patched the Bridge many times without cheese-proofing it.

Oracles made sense because it was the spawn zone so they couldn't also make it a kill zone. Apparently their options were very limited. That's a full-on cheese so they would've fixed it if they could.

Void ability kills with hunter sucks is there a better way than woken the hive? Iam only getting 2-3% each time. Does the Abyss in Crota raid work?
The hunter arrow glitch saved my humanity ;)

For sure! Gotta get you through that fight.

Most definitely. All about how hard implementing the fix would be.

Leaving the Crota ledge surprised me, but if changing the geometry was the only fix I'd understand. Besides you could still stand on the side areas next to the ledge and be outside Boomer aggro. I think that encounter was simply beyond fixing. They patched the Bridge many times without cheese-proofing it.

Oracles made sense because it was the spawn zone so they couldn't also make it a kill zone. Apparently their options were very limited. That's a full-on cheese so they would've fixed it if they could.
If you need an extra person let me know.

Yeah. I'm happy with the roll. I prefer the faster PRs like Hawksaw and Juju so farming this didn't seem that bad. Plus, I am back up to 700+ weapon parts. She also drops a good chunk of legendary engrams from time to time.

Siege of the Warmind is better than Hive Alarm Clock but Mayhem Crucible is best. Although the gimped Quiver is going to make it rougher.

Personally I did all the void abilities in regular Crucible, just playing normally since I wanted to learn Night Stalker PvP. Maybe run Sealed Ahamkara for double venom smoke bombs.

NastyBook

Normal Mode Oryx down. Thanks to Macello, id, Thrillho and company for the run. Got to 300 because of that. And now I'm well on my way to getting ToM. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom