• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

nowai

Need 2 more for a fresh hard mode King's Fall. Doing an alt run through the Daughters.

Please have normal experience and 305+ light.

PSN: sunvsthemoon

Edit: Full, thanks.

Yes. It lessens the need for higher levels, but asks for more team coordination.

Coordination is less not more. You don't have to coordinate Ogre or LE Knight DPS since you have the Aura for the Ogres and you can ignore the Knights. Syncing the blight detonations is same as always, it's just initiated by Ogre killing instead of Doxology stagger.

Just want to say that I'm glad I have this game and this community to distract me and let me focus on something other than the pain in my heart right now. <3 you guys.

b4de1f93aab0a351a0e3e7406b5f8a12.jpg

Nothing needs "fixed." Players found a different way to approach the encounter. If a group doesn't like that method, don't use it. Plenty of stategies popped up yesterday, or became more popular. As of right now, waiting to kill ogres will remain the best choice for new groups and lower light levels because it isn't as punishing. Once everyone becomes more comfortable, other strategies can open back up based on group preference.

Again, not everything needs to be proclaimed as "cheese," nothing here needs "fixed," and don't worry about how other people play the game. Get your group together and play the way you want to.

LiK

Just want to say that I'm glad I have this game and this community to distract me and let me focus on something other than the pain in my heart right now. <3 you guys.

b4de1f93aab0a351a0e3e7406b5f8a12.jpg

something happen? community has been good to me as well. two funerals in one year sucks. i've been somewhat dickish because of it, lol

Coordination is less not more. You don't have to coordinate Ogre or LE Knight DPS since you have the Aura for the Ogres and you can ignore the Knights. Syncing the blight detonations is same as always, it's just initiated by Ogre killing instead of Doxology stagger.
Yeah I guess you're right.

Nothing needs "fixed." Players found a different way to approach the encounter. If a group doesn't like that method, don't use it. Plenty of stategies popped up yesterday, or became more popular. As of right now, waiting to kill ogres will remain the best choice for new groups and lower light levels because it isn't as punishing. Once everyone becomes more comfortable, other strategies can open back up based on group preference.

Again, not everything needs to be proclaimed as "cheese," nothing here needs "fixed," and don't worry about how other people play the game. Get your group together and play the way you want to.

I dont think anyone is seriously calling it cheese. Its just us assuming thats what Bungie will call it &#128520;

MikeyMike

The new strategy might be cheap because you're ignoring most of the knights mechanic but it shouldn't be considered cheesing. Pushing Atheon down into oblivion was.

I dont think anyone is seriously calling it cheese. Its just us assuming thats what Bungie will call it &#128520;

Yeah, exactly. The conversation is about how Bungie might approach it. Pretty sure everyone has said they hope it stays the same. Not sure where this "fixed" idea came from.

KxoZz

Anyone wanna help me take a friend through HM KF for the first time? We only want to do up to Oryx unless we get amazing drops. He's a 306 Titan. I'll be using my 307 Hunter alt.
Anyone up? :)

Hmm I feel like with Crota's End HM and King's Fall HM...the best solution is to ignore the additional mechanics.

Sorry to hear that and for your lost saveweyard.

Yeah, exactly. The conversation is about how Bungie might approach it. Pretty sure everyone has said they hope it stays the same. Not sure where this "fixed" idea came from.

I don't think they'll dare touch it, mainly due to lack of content and the RNG needed to be a high enough level to do it legit within a reasonable amount of time. Can you imagine the uproar if they made the only relevant end game stuff that much harder

Might give it a try. I like using Zhalo on totems and Hung Jury is king on Warpriest/Golg

You basically never hit low health with the amount of adds that spawn in front of you, I only died today from not killing acolytes with the brand and a stupid run for ammo on golgo

Kyoufu

The HM mechanic for Oryx should have been the relic runner having to dodge passing Tomb ships on his way to the relic. That would have been cool.

Hopefully Bungie has learned to stop tinkering when the player base devises an optimal strategy that doesn't align with their initial vision. I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm just a bit tired of prevailing reaction of a portion of the destiny community (not necessarily GAF) whenever something like this comes up. It's always "Get in before Bungie patches it!" or "I did it when it was hard, so Bungie better patch it so everyone has to!"

Again, these are just generalizations describing what I've read regarding multiple encounters whenever something like this comes up. It just annoys me.

EL CUCO

The HM mechanic for Oryx should have been the relic runner having to dodge passing Tomb ships on his way to the relic. That would have been cool.
All they needed was to add a random person to be torn like in the daughters. Encounter would've automatically been the equivalent of 20 light levels harder lol

I don't think they'll dare touch it, mainly due to lack of content and the RNG needed to be a high enough level to do it legit within a reasonable amount of time. Can you imagine the uproar if they made the only relevant end game stuff that much harder

From the thread consensus it sounds like my precious Atheon's Epilogue is on death's door ;_;

I'll run the strat again tonight and see how it feels. My gut reaction from this morning was that it seemed too easy to live. But perhaps it's too beautiful to die...

Wilde

I'll be around tonight, happy to help w some kills. Talked to Stabie earlier today about doing another one since him and Jigga still need some loot he said.

Once people are familiar with new strat it will be easy. I thought original strat was easy but didn't work out that way all the time.

Cool sounds good man. Me, Ruthless and Ninja still need all 3 of our kills, so it would be awesome if we could find a time to try to knock them out tonight.

On the plus side, all three of my characters can hit 313 now, so I'm definitely ready, lol.

Kyoufu

All they needed was to add a random person to be torn like in the daughters. Encounter would've automatically been 20 light levels harder lol

Nah. Relic running on Oryx is super easy since you don't need to jump on the right Deathsinger platform at the end.

But yes I agree it should be random.

Why does the previous fight teach you that being Torn is random and yet the next fight lets you choose? Inconsistent.

phen0m24

From the thread consensus it sounds like my precious Atheon's Epilogue is on death's door ;_;

I'll run the strat again tonight with Colonel and see how it feels. My gut reaction from this morning was that it seemed too easy to live. But perhaps it's too beautiful to die...

FTFY Good Doctor :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom