• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

Why does it take about 15 Motes to fully level up a Heavy Exotic Weapon, but like 150 Motes to level up any Exotic Armor piece?

Why such a huge difference? I don't get it.

MikeyMike

Why does it take about 15 Motes to fully level up a Heavy Exotic Weapon, but like 150 Motes to level up any Exotic Armor piece?

Why such a huge difference? I don't get it.

If we still had bonus xp from Nightfall... I have absolutely no idea why they removed this.

If we still had bonus xp from Nightfall... I have absolutely no idea why they removed this.

They probably removed the rep buff to make it take longer to get to rank 25 for the faction quests. The xp buff was probably removed because motes can be used for XP gain instead. They also probably wanted to slow gear leveling profession overall. At this point I believe everything they do is to increase the grind because they lack the exciting content to keep people around for a year.

Sullichin

They probably removed the rep buff to make it take longer to get to rank 25 for the faction quests. The xp buff was probably removed because motes can be used for XP gain instead. They also probably wanted to slow gear leveling profession overall. At this point I believe everything they do is to increase the grind because they lack the exciting content to keep people around for a year.
This makes sense but I believe the stated intention was to not have a buff that suggested you have to play Nightfall first thing every week. A commonly suggested solution to this would be something like the tempered IB buff

Light Engorged Ogres would have been a cooler name.

Ooh nice, I like this. I feel like there's a missed opportunity for a mechanic to engorge them. Generate orbs and the more orbs they eat makes a bigger bomb that does more damage, something. Give some player control over how much you damage Oryx instead of rigid 4x4 blights-cycles.

Guardians make light that Oryx tries to take but instead becomes concentrated power against him. Longer that Ogres feed, the more powerful they become and more dangerous to keep alive but bigger payoff if successful. Risk/reward. LE Knights still make sense but Vessel is redundant.

I just don't like how Ogres magically appear from goo pools with tummy-bombs to kill their God. At least it kinda made sense for Hive culture that Crota had sword bearers. Once again it's not a concept introduced and developed during the raid, just a random stomach surprise.

Oh sure, I completely agree! To them it's a cheese. (Wasn't trying to start a debate btw, sorry for that ^^)
But I don't see them patching it. Or 1-gaze Golgoroth either, to be honest (Luke has always mentioned the "two taunters" so that's also they way they intended the fight to go).

Sorry for late reply but wanted to mention there's no need to apologize at all. No debate was started and I definitely appreciate your comments.

It's very true about Golgi one gaze, most people were assuming HM would force two gaze. If they don't care about that then very possible they won't care about this.

Found out why no one couldn't find me on xbox Live it's because I was giving out the wrong GT. lol

My gamer tag is x iStinkfist

That's right.

This makes sense but I believe the stated intention was to not have a buff that suggested you have to play Nightfall first thing every week. A commonly suggested solution to this would be something like the tempered IB buff

That would be cool. I'd take better rewards over an xp buff though....or matchmaking...I'd take that too.

Namikaze1

First thing I'll be doing on reset day is switch back to superior New Monarchy on my Titan after days of being part of FWC due to NTTE quest.

Sullichin

That would be cool. I'd take better rewards over an xp buff though....or matchmaking...I'd take that too.
I haven't done the new raid so I'm happy I can get NM raid light level rewards from NF, but the chance of your one reward being something you need is pretty shitty. I'm sure I'll be frustrated when I hit 310 as well. I don't really care about LL so much now but that will change when TOO is back.

I think matchmaking would be fine for NF at this point. There's no nightfall modifier so it would only be a little more hellish than the worst possible matchmade heroic strike.

SheHateMe

Question, and maybe I'm missing out, but do you get any drops from Daughters in NM on KF? Because if not, I can skip that fight and join with someone doing an Oryx kill, as I have not done that this week.

I am glad that I got that Warpriest kill out the way to finish my ToM quest. I did get 308 gauntlets and 304 Yasmin... Which is getting fused into my 1000 Yard Stare.

I also got 20+ shards, so I'm ready for that extra roll for 2 more shards.

phen0m24

Drizz, you are truly a pillar and one of the brightest lights of this community.

Wonder what the conversation is like when Driz goes to bed

Mrs. Driz: "Did you change that light bulb?'
Dr. Driz: "Crap, I forgot. I was saving the universe again"
Mrs. Driz: "Dude, seriously use some of those l33t0 skillz0rz and change the bulb yo"
Dr Driz: "Sure sure no worries"
Mrs. Driz: "Tell Colonel no he's a scrub anyway I've watched you raid"

Later on GAF:
Dr Driz: "Uh guys I've got IRL stuff ATM so PEACE L I G H T B U L B B O Y Z"

Question, and maybe I'm missing out, but do you get any drops from Daughters in NM on KF? Because if not, I can skip that fight and join with someone doing an Oryx kill, as I have not done that this week.

I am glad that I got that Warpriest kill out the way to finish my ToM quest. I did get 308 gauntlets and 304 Yasmin... Which is getting fused into my 1000 Yard Stare.

I also got 20+ shards, so I'm ready for that extra roll for 2 more shards.

Yes. Daughters drop 2 shards guaranteed. They can also drop the Class item and/or the shotgun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom