• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
No more destiny for another week. Back again from work trip Friday.

Wasn't the greatest weekend. Got my Hunter up to oryx in HM and got a couple of pieces but nothing major. Sitting at 310 right now.

Tried to take my Titan to oryx yesterday but it was a major failure and somehow didn't even reach the first loot chest. Not too sure what was happening but it just wasnt working. Titan remains at 306.

Hopefully this weekend I'll get a complete raid done on both characters.

sensui-tomo

Finally beat oryx normal for this week... had 20 moldering shards turn into 2.... on the plus i finally got the ghost (308 compared to my last 290 pushed me to 301 finally)

Even if they did unlock a 320 artifact, there's just no way well get 320 primary, secondary, heavy, ghost, helmet (I can't even get a single helmet ever), chest, gloves, class item, and boots.

9 drops that has to be rng between 11 different values, getting 1/11 for 9 different types. Assuming each gear is perfectly random (even though we know helmets are rarer), then each piece you first go 1/9 then 1/11 for the light. The odds aren't in our favor.

Never tell me the odds. The road to 320 is not worth it. Especially if you are like me and think the raid gear is all ass outside the machine gun.

spyder_ur

Not really enjoying my failed experiences with Oryx HM...to be fair I don't love the normal version of that fight either.

I do really love everything up to Sisters though.

I sense a Destiny vacation may be coming for me...spent 5 hours raiding today with literally not a thing to show for it (nothing from Totems/Sisters on separate clears) but a decent sense of frustration, and I've been good enough about that in the past to know it's time to let it sit for a bit.

Never tell me the odds. The road to 320 is not worth it. Especially if you are like me and think the raid gear is all ass outside the machine gun.
Sniper is..good...right?

well I just like the cocoon perk.

O yeah, I like using the PR in Pvp. The recoil pattern is perfect for me! Can't stand completely recoilless weapons
;)

And MG is awesome btw

Mupod

To put my shitty raid handcannons and auto rifles into Touch of Malice for Oryx HM, or Tlaloc for Trials...well, doing it won't get my Titan to 311 anyways so I'll put that decision off.

What might work better, since the group I was just with was having trouble getting that ogre timing down consistently, is to have one person survey all the ogres to determine whether they're ready to go down, and then have that person give the go ahead to kill them and jump down to detonate. Permanent floater could fill this role. Something to try if your group is having trouble, I suppose.

Nice, Thanks to all the guys in the HM Oryx.

Seems like you just need to get used to the new strat. I mostly struggled when i switched from platform to 2nd floater cause i ran blindly to my platform. Then had little time to get my bearings of Ogre spawns.

Thanks okayrene, ErocSushi, DirtyAquaticApe, MutenTurtle and Messiek.

Thanks for being our 6th! That shade is a butt sometimes.

spyder_ur

What might work better, since the group I was just with was having trouble getting that ogre timing down consistently, is to have one person survey all the ogres to determine whether they're ready to go down, and then have that person give the go ahead to kill them and jump down to detonate. Permanent floater could fill this role. Something to try if your group is having trouble, I suppose.

Yeah, we might have just been a bit too low level there (I'm spyder BTW) as most were below 310. Honestly, most of our issue seemed to just be random deaths, although I'm not sure how well we would have handled the shades consistently.

Mupod

I was really surprised that just ignoring the vessel actually works most of the time. Would have killed Oryx a lot easier last night if we'd done that.

Yeah, we might have just been a bit too low level there (I'm spyder BTW) as most were below 310. Honestly, most of our issue seemed to just be random deaths, although I'm not sure how well we would have handled the shades consistently.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Think the average light level was about 308 which makes things tough.

I was really surprised that just ignoring the vessel actually works most of the time. Would have killed Oryx a lot easier last night if we'd done that.

Huh, yeah I guess that could work. He might decide to sprint to one of the bombs after the ogres go down, but if the group is having trouble taking the vessel down I guess you could chance ignoring him.

Sniper is..good...right?

well I just like the cocoon perk.

O yeah, I like using the PR in Pvp. The recoil pattern is perfect for me! Can't stand completely recoilless weapons
;)

And MG is awesome btw

Sniper is good for 6v6, ridiculous AA. I like being able to revive snipe though and in PvE I also prefer high impact. Pulse is OK. Lots of recoil but it hits hard. I think cocoon is neat but it should be passive like the will of light perk. The overall perk options are on raid weapons are not ideal. MG is goat though.

catspit

is a 280 Legendary Ghost shell worth buying with Legendary Marks?
(I assume any of the shell's for sale will do as their bonuses are not that great)

I am at 250 light.

Spend the marks or just keep grinding strikes and a similar one will come by?

Kyne

is a 280 Legendary Ghost shell worth buying with Legendary Marks?
(I assume any of the shell's for sale will do as their bonuses are not that great)

I am at 250 light.

Spend the marks or just keep grinding strikes and a similar one will come by?

buy the ghost, they are the rarest.

SeanR1221

Before going to bed just wanted to give a shoutout to LT, T-44, Drizzay, thrall and mindlog. Smooth oryx run and I'm happy I was finally able to finish it. 314 cloak dropped. Not the best but not the worst! Here's to next week :)

So, can I say that that's two people already? I can? Great.

Who's down with us to down Oryx real quick?

1. SheHateMe (Instant__Vintage)
2. WheelHoss1

Does everyone know this is NM (isn't it?)?

Top-of-page love for my favorite exotic of all time:
Dark-drinker_grimoire_card1.jpg

So people who have done HM Oryx: kill the vessel or no? Sounds like groups are having success not killing him in which case I'll update my video description to say that part is optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom