• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Does everyone know this is NM (isn't it?)?

Top-of-page love for my favorite exotic of all time:
Dark-drinker_grimoire_card1.jpg

fr5445.gif

But this gif isn't about the sword. It's about light being a chicken wuss and me having to do the dirty work.

Mindlog

Before going to bed just wanted to give a shoutout to LT, T-44, Drizzay, thrall and mindlog. Smooth oryx run and I'm happy I was finally able to finish it. 314 cloak dropped. Not the best but not the worst! Here's to next week :)
Likewise. I didn't mind my drops because learning the encounter was the goal. Next I'll probably try Titan grabbing the Relic.
Similar thanks to the GAF crew that refined the strat. It's pretty crazy how the encounter shifts from being quite difficult to being pretty easily completed with 5.
So people who have done HM Oryx: kill the vessel or no? Sounds like groups are having success not killing him in which case I'll update my video description to say that part is optional.
We were killing it before killing the Ogres. We had 5 ToMs so taking everything down was pretty easy. It's just important to always remember to stagger Oryx when he opens. Don't get tunnel vision :]

It's probably optional as long as one of the two remaining players keeps it bottled up, but killing it shouldn't be a problem.

GutZ31

Sorry to anyone trying to get ahold of me this weekend.
I had an outing with friends, and just got back home.
Hopefully everyone got what they wanted done without my scrubby Hunter.

2nd hard mode raid done, just Totems to golgy including him.

315 Fusion, immediately infused to my 310 1kYS to make it 315.
315 Machine Gun (first raid MG finally!)
312 gloves.

Woot woot. Went from 304 to 307 overall light with my Titan.

Now my chars are
311 Hunter
307 Titan
306 Warlock

Good enough for hard mode for a decent amount of groups (way too many looking for 305+)

I can't believe that the raid hand cannon reloads as slow as a heavy machine gun

What the fuck was bungie smoking. Reloading a heavy machine gun slowly makes sense, the ammo container is big and heavy. A fucking revolver? That you just flip open and place what appears a rock into it reloads just as slow?

If it wasn't for the shitty reload speed, it would be a half-decent revolver.

Also fuck this no boots shit, I really need boots on my titan. I'm 310 with 297 boots. Imagine how much higher I could be, like 314 atleast.

Never tell me the odds. The road to 320 is not worth it. Especially if you are like me and think the raid gear is all ass outside the machine gun.

Yea it sucks. I barely got the raid heavies yesterday and today. The RL was good for me for clearing ads when they spawned for daughters and Oryx. I haven't used the MG yet since I just got that tonight but I got killed by it a lot in Iron Banner!

All the rest are fodders.

okaay get this

first hm oryx kill on hunter

20 shards gone

i got 308 boots (normal drop)

and a 300 ghost (hard drop?)

and 2 shards for my 20 shards.

Nothing at postmaster.

BUNGIE! WHERE IS MY HARD ORYX DROP? FIX THIS GARBAGE!

okaay get this

first hm oryx kill on hunter

20 shards gone

i got 308 boots (normal drop)

and a 300 ghost (hard drop?)

and 2 shards for my 20 shards.

Nothing at postmaster.

BUNGIE! WHERE IS MY HARD ORYX DROP? FIX THIS GARBAGE!

I think it's glitched. I got two normal drops too(None of them helmets or weapons) and an HM item.

Isn't oryx only supposed to drop weapons/helmet? And then if you have 20 shards, something from the whole table?

Somethings definitely glitched

SheHateMe

So, yeah.

Got fucked over AGAIN by Oryx.

20+ shards, and he gave me 5 Motes and 2 shards back.

Smart Loot my ass.

Fix the fucking Loot table, Bungie.

Anyway, thanks RAWR and friends, WheelHoss, and RC213 for the very quick run.

P.S. Fuck that ship.

I think it's glitched. I got two normal drops too(None of them helmets or weapons) and an HM item.

Isn't oryx only supposed to drop weapons/helmet? And then if you have 20 shards, something from the whole table?

Somethings definitely glitched

the whole loot table is broken

zero drop from hm warpriest

zero drops from totems and daughters

no hm drop from hm oryx kill

3x hard oryx kills and not a single primary weapon, not even a normal one.

inthrall

the whole loot table is broken

zero drop from hm warpriest

zero drops from totems and daughters

no hm drop from hm oryx kill

3x hard oryx kills and not a single primary weapon, not even a normal one.

There is no bugs, Oryx has two chances at loot (normal and hard). He then guarantees you a mouldering shards drop, (which can be from either difficulty I think), so you end up with 1-3 drops of varying quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom