• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc213

So, yeah.

Got fucked over AGAIN by Oryx.

20+ shards, and he gave me 5 Motes and 2 shards back.

Smart Loot my ass.

Fix the fucking Loot table, Bungie.

Anyway, thanks RAWR and friends, WheelHoss, and RC213 for the very quick run.

P.S. Fuck that ship.

I got squat as well but i didn't have any shards on me. Really really need some boots cause i have 298, 296, 303 on each toon.

Deku Tree

Need 1 for hm oryx.

1.Raidenshugelaser
2.j_rocca42
3.MildSoss
4.Router_Go_Vroom
5.DekuBleep

LiffeyNinja on PSN, 311 warlock

thanks guys. It took us a while, but the strat is really easy mode once everyone executes on point together in one run.

From HM Oryx I got

310 exotic claws of akamahara
306 gloves while wearing 306 gloves
309 helmet while wearing a 310 helmet
314 class item while wearing a 315 class item.

Total garbage basically... At least I got to infuse my exotic DO warlock bond up to 315. I got to 312 on my warlock.

MildSoss

Thanks to the guys for helping me and Deku out with our first HM oryx kill.

The loot system on hard mode is such a step back from Crotas end. At least there you were guaranteed a hard mode weapon on your first kill, here you get a chance of getting a big fat nothing.

Dunk#7

Tier 3 CoO

My last calcified fragment.

312 Hunter

Need some help

1. Dunk7

Will run multiple times if others have antiquated runes to use

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I like how the knight was like surprise motherfucker. Was laughing for five minutes straight when it happened.

And something I have to mention.

MGSV5 is universally praised in the gaming industry yet most people I know don't like it and felt it doesn't have that MGS magic. Yet Destiny was mostly universally panned but I know more people who play this game than any other games combined.

Deku Tree

Thanks to the guys for helping me and Deku out with our first HM oryx kill.

The loot system on hard mode is such a step back from Crotas end. At least there you were guaranteed a hard mode weapon on your first kill, here you get a chance of getting a big fat nothing.

Yeah I got nothing and my guaranteed extra hm drop was a 314 class item while I was wearing a 315.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Tier 3 CoO

312 Hunter

Need some help

1. Dunk7

I can help with CoO. I have 5 uncharged Antiquateds, and 1 uncharged Stolen, so long as others can help me charge them.

Yeah, I killed Oryx 5 times this week(3 normal, 2 hard) and didn't get a single primary or helmet.
It's beyond fucked up.

And here I am like an idiot trying to decide if I want to kill my 6th Oryx tomorrow or not. Ugh.

the whole loot table is broken

zero drop from hm warpriest

zero drops from totems and daughters

no hm drop from hm oryx kill

3x hard oryx kills and not a single primary weapon, not even a normal one.

Mhm.

There is no bugs, Oryx has two chances at loot (normal and hard). He then guarantees you a mouldering shards drop, (which can be from either difficulty I think), so you end up with 1-3 drops of varying quality

Thats the thing unless moldering shards got buffed, I got 2 armor pieces(NO HELMET) from HM Oryx when I did him with my titan.

Imo, loot table for Raid should be:

Entrance: shards
Totems: ghost, fusion
Warpriest: hmg, rockets, boots
Golgoroth: sniper, chest, guantlets
Daughters: class item, artifact
Oryx: AR, SR, PR, HC, helm, additional drop (all other drops if 20+ shards.)

AND all loot drops should also give guaranteed 1-2 shards. All secret chests give 2 shards. Eris should sell one weapon and one armor piece per week for 20 shards.

Edit: everyone would have a choice, keep your 20 shards on you and roll for something extra from oryx OR buy something from Eris. There would be no way to only get shards from oryx.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Drops are indeed a bit trippy for the raid. If possible a mechanic should've been implemented (not unlike the shards) that each section gives you better loot depending on how RNG rewarded you in the last section. Don't get anything from the other sections and oryx gives you a guaranteed drop. Regardless of shards.

There is no bugs, Oryx has two chances at loot (normal and hard). He then guarantees you a mouldering shards drop, (which can be from either difficulty I think), so you end up with 1-3 drops of varying quality

yeah, exactly.

i got 308 boots, 300 ghost and 2 shards for a hm kill

shards don't drop from hard mode, only normal.

WHERE IS MY HARD DROP?

Defuser

Idk my internet has been chippy all day I may call it a night.
So did you lagged out on us or not? Because that wasn't a nice thing to immediately bailed out on us without saying anything.
I know its not lagging out because it will take time to disconnect from both party chat and the game and you judt did both immediately nearly at the same time.

rezn0r

Tier 3 CoO

312 Hunter

Need some help

1. Dunk7

if you still have spots sign me up (psn: reznuh) - have a mic but will probably try to be pretty quiet

zewone

Please add me to the Super Ultra Mega Platinum list in the OP.

8x6jxWV.jpg

Just dropping in to agree with everyone and say I got jack shit for beating Hardmode Oryx. How in the world do the guys in charge of this at Bungie even get away with this? Doesn't somebody over there play videogames with loot drops and realize Destiny is practicality broken? It's absurd.

So I deleted my second character (she was at 260). I hated juggling inventories between them even with the app. I just couldn't justify having multiple characters.

They need to make it so you can use nearly everything in your vault without having to access it.

Also this game desperately needs an auto-sort for every inventory screen.

Edit: And a material exchange. I have over 500 wormspore and I'm super low on everything else.

LTWood12

Fun night everyone who played with us! Man we fucking steamrolled everything on that second run.

Special thank you to DocDrizz for helping instruct on the new strat. Felt so damn good to get the bastard.

Tovarisc

So I deleted my second character (she was at 260). I hated juggling inventories between them even with the app. I just couldn't justify having multiple characters.

They need to make it so you can use nearly everything in your vault without having to access it.

Also this game desperately needs an auto-sort for every inventory screen.

Edit: And a material exchange. I have over 500 wormspore and I'm super low on everything else.

Destiny Item Manager plugin for Chrome, best thing that has ever happened to item management in Destiny.

Edit: Or what you mean with using?

NeOak

LOL

light pls

Got the Void flayer mantle (other two didn't want to drop AT ALL) and a Treads Upon Stars with Red Dot-OAS, Who's Next?, Hand-laid Stock and Hidden Hand.

Friend of mine got a TUS with Zen Moment, Field Scout, Braced Frame and Hidden Hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom