• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

So I've only got one more character to run HM Oryx on tonight. But as I learned the hard way last night there's still ways to just get completely bullshit killed out of nowhere. If there's ways to avoid any of this stuff I'd like to know:

- I got surrounded by thralls while detonating my light. I was the first one actually AT my light, it was in the usual spot, but there were suddenly like 6 of them in there with me. I typically throw a smoke bomb and go invisible but my character just decided to punch them instead (I was even aiming at the ground to be safe). I have never once seen this kind of behaviour from the enemies on that fight so I'm wondering if I just did something wrong somehow. It's only a major issue on my Hunter as my other classes can get overshields. Actually...if you're jumping over a corrupted light does that still count as 'standing inside'? That would have worked too.

- The ship flew by and one-shotted me while we were waiting up top. I was even invisible at the time, it was firing at someone else. I don't think I've seen it shoot at people on the sisters platforms before.

- One shot melee from the echo of oryx from full hp at 311 light, running away as fast as I could. People say you can just jump out of it? I've tried that in the past and got physics killed into the wall, up until now running worked for me but I guess you can't do that.

If you could speed the fight up somehow I bet people would be happy to use riskier strats. But the chances of something going wrong during such a super long repetitive fight are way too high.

Destiny is linked to Alien confirmed :)

Give me an encounter with that. Holy crap, imagine Golgoroths maze, but 5x bigger, and everyone has to split up in order to each switch a lever to open the gate. So during this encounter, a Hive Alien is going around being a creeper, stalking different players, and the only way you scare him is by shooting him.

I imagine they had an idea to shoot oryx with a big cannon to make him vulnerable.

Possibly. That would be fun. There needs to be 'vehicle' raid encounters. Like, flying in a huge guardian ship or something in circles around Oryx. Or something.

Give me an encounter with that. Holy crap, imagine Golgoroths maze, but 5x bigger, and everyone has to split up in order to each switch a lever to open the gate. So during this encounter, a Hive Alien is going around being a creeper, stalking different players, and the only way you scare him is by shooting him.

Possibly. That would be fun. There needs to be 'vehicle' raid encounters. Like, flying in a huge guardian ship or something in circles around Oryx. Or something.

There totally needs to be a vehicle encounter. Something similar to the lost to light mission, only this time you are running away on sparrows.

Zocano

Or stowing aboard a Cabal land tank as it drives across the deserts of mars with the cabal emperor aboard by ways of sparrow.

Bungie.. DO THIS.

Alien Isolation meets Destiny, forcing the group to split up and use the Boolean scanner (if it worked) to detect motion lol

Just read that for Blood Marrow shader you could have different class' raid equipment in one characters inventory for it to unlock.
Too bad I infused my only normal raid chest piece to beef up for the hard mode... :(

GlamFM

Banned
Just read that for Blood Marrow shader you could have different class' raid equipment in one characters inventory for it to unlock.
Too bad I infused my only normal raid chest piece to beef up for the hard mode... :(

Hard mode gear also counts towards the normal mode shader.

There totally needs to be a vehicle encounter. Something similar to the lost to light mission, only this time you are running away on sparrows.

Or stowing aboard a Cabal land tank as it drives across the deserts of mars with the cabal emperor aboard by ways of sparrow.

Like, if there is a Cabal Raid, that's pretty much my design. You board a cabal transport ship, and have each player do something different. One flies the ship, one mans the decryption for the 'warp gates', the other 4 do a variety between manning turrets and/or hanging out in the drop ports being chained to the ship.

So, my idea would be, it could be on rails or whatever, but you're 'infiltrating' a Cabal Command Ship starting from Earth. Let's say they're docked over in the rim of the galaxy at Pluto. So you're flying through various checkpoints, firing at Cabal ships and dodging them, and using their warp-gates(If they have warp gates. I DUNNO, MECHANICS.) which your one person has to decrypt in order to access. Meanwhile your 4 players shoot down incoming Cabal missiles/ships, your port people stop Cabal from manning your ship/help shoot down shit. So the intro to this raid is essentially flying around the galaxy activating these warp gates to get to the Cabal Command Ship.

The Climax of this encounter is crashing the Cabal transport ship into the Command ship, where the raid starts. It'll be awesome as fuck.

</Design Hat off>

Like, if there is a Cabal Raid, that's pretty much my design. You board a cabal transport ship, and have each player do something different. One flies the ship, one mans the decryption for the 'warp gates', the other 4 do a variety between manning turrets and/or hanging out in the drop ports being chained to the ship.

So, my idea would be, it could be on rails or whatever, but you're 'infiltrating' a Cabal Command Ship starting from Earth. Let's say they're docked over in the rim of the galaxy at Pluto. So you're flying through various checkpoints, firing at Cabal ships and dodging them, and using their warp-gates(If they have warp gates. I DUNNO, MECHANICS.) which your one person has to decrypt in order to access. Meanwhile your 4 players shoot down incoming Cabal missiles/ships, your port people stop Cabal from manning your ship/help shoot down shit. So the intro to this raid is essentially flying around the galaxy activating these warp gates to get to the Cabal Command Ship.

The Climax of this encounter is crashing the Cabal transport ship into the Command ship, where the raid starts. It'll be awesome as fuck.

</Design Hat off>

Awesome as fuck it would be. Crashing the transport into the cabal mothership just like they did with the dreadnaught.

And we have more interesting concept coined than what Oryx fight currently is.

Heh thanks. It's easy to expand on that too. Like have turrets be mountable and aimable. The guardian who's piloting the turret uses up his light to charge the turret, so when he fires hes left with a slier of health. Have three turrets, etc etc. I'm happy with what we got but there are so many things we can do other than a jumping puzzle.

Hard mode gear also counts towards the normal mode shader.

Unfortunately it was not the case. The shader kiosk said I hadn't acquired a normal raid chest, though I had a hard raid chest equipped.
But the wording made it seem you had to only "acquire" every required item once, not hold it on you all at once, so I switched to the char that once had the normal chest and gave her a normal helmet she hadn't had at all and... Presto, Bone Marrow get!
So thanks anyway, made me take a closer look at the thing and it all worked out.

GlamFM

Banned
Unfortunately it was not the case. The shader kiosk said I hadn't acquired a normal raid chest, though I had a hard raid chest equipped.
But the wording made it seem you had to only "acquire" every required item once, not hold it on you all at once, so I switched to the char that once had the normal chest and gave her a normal helmet she hadn't had at all and... Presto, Bone Marrow get!
So thanks anyway, made me take a closer look at the thing and it all worked out.

Weird, because I only have the Hard mode boots and they do coun´t towards the shader.

2S7jZg0.png

Nn164J0.png

Deku Tree

Doing daily story.
Room for two.
Just jump in.
No mic for me.

Holy shit that 8.1 earthquake!

Dhruv, Kartik, unknown, Narasingh, childofhate, anyone else currently in the affected area, hope you're okay!

Everyone is out on the streets...my whole house was shaking for 30 seconds!

Hope everyone affected by this gets through it okay!

Mupod

vehicle-based dungeon/raid encounters in WoW were always mostly shit but it's definitely something they should look into with this game. Destiny barely utilizes its vehicles to begin with but they are definitely more fun to ride around than some lame janky MMORPG vehicle.

E92 M3

I think HoW had the the perfect mechanics for getting people up to cap. With this raid there is just too much RNG, even though anything past 300 is not even needed.

Finally, there needs to be some sort of shake up at the investment team. Who's bright idea was it to have that there is a chance to get ZERO loot after a boss fight. That's a whole new low for Destiny. At least in VoG we got shards and Crota was just a generous bastard.

LiK

I think HoW had the the perfect mechanics for getting people up to cap. With this raid there is just too much RNG, even though anything past 300 is not even needed.

Finally, there needs to be some sort of shake up at the investment team. Who's bright idea was it to have that there is a chance to get ZERO loot after a boss fight. That's a whole new low for Destiny. At least in VoG we got shards and Crota was just a generous bastard.

HM should drop Weapon Parts if there's no loot. the best reward.

E92 M3

HM should drop Weapon Parts if there's no loot. the best reward.

Or strange coins/motes. ANYTHING (not planetary material you sneaky Bungie) is better than nothing.

For weapon parts, they should just allow us to convert armor parts. Not that hard, but I know the bean counters at Bungie would have a myocardial infarction if the grind is lessened.

I'm barely touching 311 on my Hunter and Titan. It's true that I keep stealing all those 315 fusion rifles though
Kappa.png

Top of the Page edit:

Stole this from the PSN clan chat, but Tears arguably has the highest light level:

All hail the lightbulb, for he lights the way in Oryx's dark lair. Literally.

Or strange coins/motes. ANYTHING (not planetary material you sneaky Bungie) is better than nothing.

For weapon parts, they should just allow us to convert armor parts. Not that hard, but I know the bean counters at Bungie would have a myocardial infarction if the grind is lessened.

But that would ruin the player economy! We wouldn't want that!

Bone Marrow doesn't even unlock in my chestpiece-less character's kiosk when I equip her with the Bone Marrow I transferred from an alt. Weird.
(Second alt's kiosk version was locked too, but she just needed a helm which I could transfer.)

E92 M3

But that would ruin the player economy! We wouldn't want that!

Bungie advised by Goldman Sachs #confirmed.

--

One thing Bungie did right was have hard raid be 310 or so up to Oryx. It gives an opportunity for everyone to level up. And for reset, guys, I am definitely doing normal before hard. The loot is just too glitchy and I've had good success with this strat so far.

Bone Marrow doesn't even unlock in my chestpiece-less character's kiosk when I equip her with the Bone Marrow I transferred from an alt. Weird.
(Second alt's kiosk version was locked too, but she just needed a helm which I could transfer.)

You should probably just pick up 3 bone marrows on your one character and then transfer them. It's annoying how that works, it doesn't universally unlock it.

You should probably just pick up 3 bone marrows on your one character and then transfer them. It's annoying how that works, it doesn't universally unlock it.

That's what I did with my third character. Managed to unlock it with other two by "proper" means. Just weird that they went back on the kiosk unlock-for-all-three mechanic with this one.

Bone Marrow is pretty much the raid gear default colour scheme with some gloss. Nothing interesting about it

I agree, but it was still something new to get in the game (for me) and the collector in me wanted it. :p

Raybunny

Hello dear GAF. Been reading the thread and it seems the HM ain't that hard and is already on farm mode for many. Good cause I got myself Halo 5 to play on the downtimes.

Been enjoying my time around Nj and NY and will be ready to kick ass after the 10th.

Hello dear GAF. Been reading the thread and it seems the HM ain't that hard and is already on farm mode for many. Good cause I got myself Halo 5 to play on the downtimes.

Been enjoying my time around Nj and NY and will be ready to kick ass after the 10th.

I'm leaning towards buying the stupid Xbox Guardian edition today ._. I'ma try to...preorder it after work.

I am ashamed of my words and actions.

I got these gauntlets from the Shield Brothers strike last night on my Warlock. Are they particularly rare? I haven't seen them before.

Best gauntlets in the game! I have mine at 310 or something. They're strike exclusive, so you can say they're rare.

..So damn awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom