• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive my noobness, but how do I level my sub quest in a decent way? as like well all the abilitys are locked as well Ive not used it. Does not seem like a good idea to run crucibles with no skills haha

If the infusion system wasn't so cheap, then maybe I'd use them. Not spending 3 or 4 pieces to get them up to par haha.

I want my etheric light back!

YOU WILL SACRIFICE EVERYTHING FOR THOSE GLOVES

YOU WILL SLIP THEM ON, AND YOU WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD.

DO IT.

JUST DO IT.

YOU SEE THOSE HEROIC GAUNTLETS YOU GOT? YOU TA- THEY AIN'T SHIT. THEY AIN'T SHIT.

Just...just do it. For mau'ual. For me.

Or stowing aboard a Cabal land tank as it drives across the deserts of mars with the cabal emperor aboard by ways of sparrow.

This would be awesome. One person drives, other 4 have random side cannons. One person mans the giant cannon. Have to fight your way to Daughters and Oryx across a 5 minute long non stop drive around holes, walls, and countless cursed thralls the smaller turrets have to take care of, and giant boomers the the main turret has to kill.

Get hit 5 times by thrall or the knight tank blows up and you wipe.

That would be awesome..

Raybunny

I'm leaning towards buying the stupid Xbox Guardian edition today ._. I'ma try to...preorder it after work.

I am ashamed of my words and actions.

Best gauntlets in the game! I have mine at 310 or something. They're strike exclusive, so you can say they're rare.

..So damn awesome.

Do not be ashamed guardian! I got that same xbone edition and will play it and try the MP.

Greenymac

So....equipped my raid gear and weapons...up to 299. Got 3 exotic engrams in storage waiting till I hit 300. I just need a little more light for 300. Tips anyone?

This is kind of an uncomfortable thing to talk about because I'm not a fan of making people feel crappy, but this new Oryx method makes it kind of harder than usual to see who the weak link is.
I think we've all done several raids where we all get stuck on a boss until one person quits, another comes in and you beat the boss either in that first new turn or in the next few ones.
I personally could and would not ever tell anyone to leave, but if I knew I was fucking up more than everyone else I'd go.

Anyways, my entire reason to bring this up is to thank the people I beat Oryx with yesterday evening. I felt like I was playing worse than usual and I know how easy it would have been to kick me out.

Zoidberg

Totems - nothing
Warpriest - 311 rocket
Golgoroth - 311 armor
Daughters - nothing

Thanks game, try not to dazzle me with hard mode loot.

riotfig

Neo Member
Holy shit that 8.1 earthquake!

Dhruv, Kartik, unknown, Narasingh, childofhate, anyone else currently in the affected area, hope you're okay!

Everyone is out on the streets...my whole house was shaking for 30 seconds!

Stay safe everyone in the affected region.

DarKshodaN

Can someone help me with the Fears Embrace Quest, to get touch of malice.

I get killed all the time, have no mic at the moment

id: darkshodan84

gatti-man

So I've only got one more character to run HM Oryx on tonight. But as I learned the hard way last night there's still ways to just get completely bullshit killed out of nowhere. If there's ways to avoid any of this stuff I'd like to know:

- I got surrounded by thralls while detonating my light. I was the first one actually AT my light, it was in the usual spot, but there were suddenly like 6 of them in there with me. I typically throw a smoke bomb and go invisible but my character just decided to punch them instead (I was even aiming at the ground to be safe). I have never once seen this kind of behaviour from the enemies on that fight so I'm wondering if I just did something wrong somehow. It's only a major issue on my Hunter as my other classes can get overshields. Actually...if you're jumping over a corrupted light does that still count as 'standing inside'? That would have worked too.

- The ship flew by and one-shotted me while we were waiting up top. I was even invisible at the time, it was firing at someone else. I don't think I've seen it shoot at people on the sisters platforms before.

- One shot melee from the echo of oryx from full hp at 311 light, running away as fast as I could. People say you can just jump out of it? I've tried that in the past and got physics killed into the wall, up until now running worked for me but I guess you can't do that.

If you could speed the fight up somehow I bet people would be happy to use riskier strats. But the chances of something going wrong during such a super long repetitive fight are way too high.
If you stand at the far end of the pillars the ship gun won't one shot you. It usually explodes before it gets there or if you crouch it will hit the pillar itself before it hits you.

Anybody interested in a fresh HM run upto Oryx. Want to try and get some near loot for my hunter.

Ty
Yeah, I have not done any HM yet (damn RL priorities). I'd be interested in a run.

About to hop on a conf call but should be done within the next half hour. PSN is Darknyss

noomi

Here's the strat my team uses:

- 2 floaters (one dedicated, one from the un-needed platform)
- Main floater is a Titan that pops Blessing on the Daughter platform. (if we have 2 titans, one will run up and also pop Weapons)
- Floaters wreck the Ogres with the touch of malice last round, popping in and out of Blessing, they also help with Knights if needed.
- Platform Guardians only need to worry about the Knight that spawns opposite of them.
- Relic runner slams the Vessel, and everyone goes to the center to clear some adds.
- DPS on Oryx, bombs, circles
- Rinse and repeat.

We're able to get Oryx on the 1st try now, must have ran the raid 5 times since Friday :p

LiK

This is kind of an uncomfortable thing to talk about because I'm not a fan of making people feel crappy, but this new Oryx method makes it kind of harder than usual to see who the weak link is.
I think we've all done several raids where we all get stuck on a boss until one person quits, another comes in and you beat the boss either in that first new turn or in the next few ones.
I personally could and would not ever tell anyone to leave, but if I knew I was fucking up more than everyone else I'd go.

Anyways, my entire reason to bring this up is to thank the people I beat Oryx with yesterday evening. I felt like I was playing worse than usual and I know how easy it would have been to kick me out.

you're supposed to be having fun with the group. and if you're having issues, you try to learn from it and become better. sometimes people are just tired and not executing well. I've had sessions where I played like shit but when people tell me what I'm doing wrong, I learn from it and we managed to beat it. and guess what? it's the best feeling in the world when you overcome all the lows to complete a raid.

if someone keeps fucking up, I never get frustrated with them. we just try again and maybe even try different strategies. I only get frustrated with myself if I'm not doing well.

I've been helping a few groups of non-Gaffers on my friend list and they were having major issues with Warpriest on HM. even tho someone kept dying and we had to retry all over again, we had fun. the most important thing is to not take the fight too seriously or you'll just end up getting mad at everyone.

GunnerZ

- Main floater is a Titan that pops Blessing on the Daughter platform.
- Floaters wreck the Ogres with the touch of malice last round, popping in and out of Blessing, they also help with Knights if needed.
- Platform Guardians only need to worry about the Knight that spawns opposite of them.
- Relic runner slams the Vessel, and everyone goes to the center to clear some adds.
- Rinse and repeat.

We're able to get Oryx on the 1st try now, must have ran the raid 5 times since Friday :p
RNGesus himself would use our strat XD

Lnkn52

- Main floater is a Titan that pops Blessing on the Daughter platform.
- Rinse and repeat.

That seems pretty legit too, especially for the runner (helps them out alot by not being wrecked the free roaming ogres).

But in conclusion, even with all these cool and exciting strats I don't feel the urge to grind to get to 320. There is no new gear to hunt for, unless time gated.

Taborcarn

Forgive my noobness, but how do I level my sub quest in a decent way? as like well all the abilitys are locked as well Ive not used it. Does not seem like a good idea to run crucibles with no skills haha

Bounties, and try to pair them up with patrols or strikes so that you're making progress towards multiple goals at the same time (so if you need to kill Vex Minotaurs, patrol on Venus and find a mission that needs Vex parts).

Born2Live

Yeah, I have not done any HM yet (damn RL priorities). I'd be interested in a run.

About to hop on a conf call but should be done within the next half hour. PSN is Darknyss

Ok then. Looking for four more for a HM run upto Oryx. Starting in 30 minutes.

1. Ty_84
2. Darknyss

Hello dear GAF. Been reading the thread and it seems the HM ain't that hard and is already on farm mode for many. Good cause I got myself Halo 5 to play on the downtimes.

Been enjoying my time around Nj and NY and will be ready to kick ass after the 10th.

Ray Ray! How's your trip been so far? Planned any meet ups with US D-gaffers?

you're supposed to be having fun with the group. and if you're having issues, you try to learn from it and become better. sometimes people are just tired and not executing well. I've had sessions where I played like shit but when people tell me what I'm doing wrong, I learn from it and we managed to beat it. and guess what? it's the best feeling in the world when you overcome all the lows to complete a raid.

if someone keeps fucking up, I never get frustrated with them. we just try again and maybe even try different strategies. I only get frustrated with myself if I'm not doing well.

I've been helping a few groups of non-Gaffers on my friend list and they were having major issues with Warpriest on HM. even tho someone kept dying and we had to retry all over again, we had fun. the most important thing is to not take the fight too seriously or you'll just end up getting mad at everyone.

While I nor anyone else ever got kicked from the hard raids I was involved in this weekend, there was a shitload of super seriousness and passive aggressiveness as well. I don't take it seriously at all. I want to get it done like everyone else, but if I ever get angry at other people or the game, I leave. It's not a job. I think there are some people who feel different.

The irony is that all the really good players I've played with are always the relaxed type that constantly joke around.

noomi

That seems pretty legit too, especially for the runner (helps them out alot by not being wrecked the free roaming ogres).

But in conclusion, even with all these cool and exciting strats I don't feel the urge to grind to get to 320. There is no new gear to hunt for, unless time gated.

This strat took a bit of fine tuning at first, but everyone is very comfortable in their positions now, and able to effectively do each part if needed. The higher light level we get, the easier it will become as well.

- Main floater is a Titan that pops Blessing on the Daughter platform. (if we have 2 titans, one will run up and also pop Weapons)
- Rinse and repeat.

I feel like there's a big misconception over how invincible you are under the runner with the relic. I feel like some people think it's just a Titan shield. Too many deaths because of adds when setting off the bombs. I don't think that's supposed to be an issue at all, especially in a team with some ToM.

Also, killing the ogres from the top is a good idea. We've been letting them roam til after staggering Oryx. Doesn't always work too well timing-wise.

I assume DGAF is still doing normal raids for us normal folk that are still trying to get to 308 for hard mode!

Most groups allow you to start in the 303-305 range just fine. On Totems I started with 305 and ended at 309 after killing daughters. (308 after warpriest). Another char I went from 304 to 307 from Totems to golgy.

It's rng but the lowest gear you'll get from golgy is 310.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom