• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

While I nor anyone else ever got kicked from the hard raids I was involved in this weekend, there was a shitload of super seriousness and passive aggressiveness as well. I don't take it seriously at all. I want to get it done like everyone else, but if I ever get angry at other people or the game, I leave. It's not a job. I think there are some people who feel different.

The irony is that all the really good players I've played with are always the relaxed type that constantly joke around.

yup, I feel ya. which is why I enjoy playing with a couple of the same people all the time. you become familiar with them and play better. playing with an entirely new group requires having to learn each other's quirks and playstyles.

Tovarisc

If someone has a totems checkpoint then yall should start there. Still saves time.

Starting from totems is most time efficient way if going for HM loot only, smolderings are 100% useless in HM.

I think I need totems CP for my titan and clear everything up until Oryx, for some reason not looking towards to killing Oryx 2nd time.

Owensboro

Newbie raid update! (Because I know you’re all eagerly awaiting hearing about our decent into King’s Fall). You can read about our first run into the zone here if interested!

Although we lost one member to work/time zone, we were able to pick up a 6th (Hi TJ!) and give Golgoroth a bunch of attempts. Unfortunately, our new 6th had attempted Golgoroth but never beaten him. Thankfully, he was a good sport and let us completely figure out the fight mechanics before suggesting a slight tweak to our strategy. It probably took us around 5-10 tries to figure the whole thing out, and then another 3-4 tries before we downed him. We had the most amazing kill with Golgoroth going down just as his Enrage Timer popped and two of us being murdered by Taken Thralls. I can’t wait to read how other people were dealing with those things.

The next Jumping Puzzle was a hell of a lot of fun, and a nice break of levity after a stressful Golgoroth run. There is something really funny about watching the first person wander into the room, say out loud “I wonder what the gimmick in this room is”, and then get punted across the room by a “Most Extreme Elimination Challenge” boxing-glove piston out of the wall. We once again were super-sleuths and discovered the hidden chest (that’s 2 for 3!) all on our own, and made it through the room with very little trouble.

Next were the Daughters of Oryx, which aside from one little misunderstanding we figured out 95% on our own. We got to the point where we’d get the shadow person the ball, dunk on a Daughter, and then all switch to DPS but kept wiping over and over. I mean, obviously you’re supposed to shoot the red glowy one, right? She’s the one about to kill everyone! How wrong we were. After, oh, 5 or so attempts after we’d figured everything out but kept losing, we looked at a FAQ and were absolutely dumbfounded you needed to shoot the one not doing anything. That big, red, mean looking one you probably have to stop from singing? Nah, don’t worry about her, shoot the one that’s just chilling and minding her own business. Was anyone else thrown by that? It sill doesn’t make sense to me, but whatever. We switched to Chill-Daugher and actually beat it in two attempts, being angry the entire time we spent that much time dunking the wrong daughter.

Because it was so late, we again took a break and came back Sunday to attempt Mr. Oryx. We beat our heads against him for two hours before we FAQ’d it (only up to the phase we were in) in order to make sure we were on the right track. We are having horribly problems reliably staggering him and we can’t seem to figure out why sometime our bombs will hurt him and other times nothing happens. We do almost always get the first stagger, but the second try has failed so far. We’ve seen what I assume is all his nonsense (bombs, running like idiots from explosions, shadow Oryx, and adds) but just haven’t been able to pull together that one perfect run. We’re going to try again tonight from 8 to 9 and hope to beat him, otherwise it’s a reset and we try again next week! At least in that failure scenario we can get some more gear and get everyone's weapons up closer to 300. Also, we’ll know all the boss fights and blow through them the second time.

sajj316

Most groups allow you to start in the 303-305 range just fine. On Totems I started with 305 and ended at 309 after killing daughters. (308 after warpriest). Another char I went from 304 to 307 from Totems to golgy.

It's rng but the lowest gear you'll get from golgy is 310.

Ah, got it. I didn't think the raid was all too difficult if you understood the mechanics. I'm 305-306 which should help me start it just fine.

Raybunny

Ray Ray! How's your trip been so far? Planned any meet ups with US D-gaffers?

Ruth! My trip been awesome so far. I haven`t planned any meet up but will look into it. I am discovering and exploring everything first. what about yours? You took your ps4 with you?

Born2Live

Ruth! My trip been awesome so far. I haven`t planned any meet up but will look into it. I am discovering and exploring everything first. what about yours? You took your ps4 with you?

No wonder you weren't around for hard raid release Hahaha nice! What state are you in?!

LaneDS

Is there a good way to get a PS4 digital copy of the original Destiny for a fair price? I've got all the expansions and just want to have everything digital without paying an extra $60.

noomi

If someone has a totems checkpoint then yall should start there. Still saves time.

Yup!

This is what we are doing tomorrow, starting from totems. We will be carrying over the checkpoint during the reset tomorrow.

No one really cares about the first 2 chests that give out shards anymore. Will save us some time as well ;)

Starting from totems is most time efficient way if going for HM loot only, smolderings are 100% useless in HM.

I think I need totems CP for my titan and clear everything up until Oryx, for some reason not looking towards to killing Oryx 2nd time.

Yea that's how I feel after going 1/7 with shards giving me a 2nd drop haha. I'll be looking for 1 Totems to golgy. I wouldn't mind doing Oryx 1 more time if a group forms for that. The alt strat allows < 310 people

Ah, got it. I didn't think the raid was all too difficult if you understood the mechanics. I'm 305-306 which should help me start it just fine.

Yea you'll be fine

LiK

Is there a good way to get a PS4 digital copy of the original Destiny for a fair price? I've got all the expansions and just want to have everything digital without paying an extra $60.

just need to wait for sale. I think they had it on sale a few months ago to try and promote TTK. it'll happen again eventually.

Raybunny

Yup!

This is what we are doing tomorrow, starting from totems. We will be carrying over the checkpoint during the reset tomorrow.

No one really cares about the first 2 chests that give out shards anymore. Will save us some time as well ;)

But the shards.....

crying-man.gif

Lnkn52

So those that have completed Oryx HM will get the TTK logo next to their avatar. Here is the updated list: (adjustments are planned to be made for the logo to pop out more)

GL-19.jpg

So, FYI, those that completed please send me a PM. That is the ONLY way I will update the list. And please remember, to get on the list, you must platinum/100% the Destiny 1.0 list.

TY

PS: Drizzay, when you get a chance, update the new link for the GLord Gif.

Here's the strat my team uses:

- 2 floaters (one dedicated, one from the un-needed platform)
- Main floater is a Titan that pops Blessing on the Daughter platform. (if we have 2 titans, one will run up and also pop Weapons)
- Floaters wreck the Ogres with the touch of malice last round, popping in and out of Blessing, they also help with Knights if needed.
- Platform Guardians only need to worry about the Knight that spawns opposite of them.
- Relic runner slams the Vessel, and everyone goes to the center to clear some adds.
- DPS on Oryx, bombs, circles
- Rinse and repeat.

We're able to get Oryx on the 1st try now, must have ran the raid 5 times since Friday :p

Hmm, will have to try this out, maybe tonight. Love trying new strategies

- Main floater is a Titan that pops Blessing on the Daughter platform. (if we have 2 titans, one will run up and also pop Weapons)
- Floaters wreck the Ogres with the touch of malice last round, popping in and out of Blessing, they also help with Knights if needed.
- Platform Guardians only need to worry about the Knight that spawns opposite of them.
- Relic runner slams the Vessel, and everyone goes to the center to clear some adds.
- Rinse and repeat.

We're able to get Oryx on the 1st try now, must have ran the raid 5 times since Friday :p

For this method do you kill ogres after staggering Oryx or before? Looks like before just like NM method.

So those that have completed Oryx HM will get the TTK logo next to their avatar. Here is the updated list: (adjustments are planned to be made for the logo to pop out more)

http://www.cris2fer.com/wp-content/uploads/GL-19.jpg/IMG]

So, FYI, those that completed please send me a PM. That is the ONLY way I will update the list. And please remember, to get on the list, you must platinum/100% the Destiny 1.0 list.

TY

PS: Drizzay, when you get a chance, update the new link for the GLord Gif.[/QUOTE]

ooo look at that sexy bastard in last :)

Mupod

- Rinse and repeat.

Just a little tweak for the 'Floaters' that cleared up a major source of frustration for me in the encounter - don't do TOO much damage to the ogres early on. It's not necessary as the individual orb runners have plenty of time to whittle them down. But the real problem is that if they get low they 'enrage' and start wandering around. Which results in ogres randomly standing under the platform lip etc.

Personally I actually like when my ogre wanders over super close but we had several wipes because someone couldn't see their ogre and got confused. For example we had two ogres walk over next to where the relic holder was - great! But one of the runners didn't quite finish off his ogre who then proceeded to punch both of us to death when we jumped down.

Also regarding the knight that spawns on ogre death - if those are a problem you're probably not timing the ogre kills right. You've got plenty of time to detonate safely if you jump off at the very same second you finish the ogre.

LiK

Which completely sucks monkey testicles .. was farming for exotics last night. Happy to get some that decrypt to 310. I guess having a desirable exotic at 290 is better than not getting it at all.

yea, it sucks but if I can get a Zhalo at 290, i'll still be happy. just need to take time to infuse that shit.

290s still drop.

I personally found it feels it is based on current equipped items in that class and not overall light.
My gloves are 310, and all engrams i pick up exotic wise always turn in 310, every single time.
But chest piece was always around 290/310 when my chest was 298 until i got a 312 then they started hitting 310.

This goes the same with my guns as well.

sajj316

yea, it sucks but if I can get a Zhalo at 290, i'll still be happy. just need to take time to infuse that shit.

The frustration was all worth it getting a 310 Zhalo to drop yesterday. I fell out of my seat once I saw the the result of the decrypt.

Kyoufu

I drop a Blessing bubble on the Daughters platform too and it really helps. In fact I use Blessing (or Weapons depending on the other Titan) at Warpriest also. Really helps with survivability since you can't be revived on HM.

gatti-man

- Rinse and repeat.

My group does the exact same thing except we stay on the ground. And yet finding a group to execute it outside of my main group has been less than easy.

Do you need a Touch of Malice for HM?

You will need people with it in your group or you will need higher light level average. I think hard mode will get easy once people start reaching light levels in the 213-214 range. Right now there isn't room for people to bring lesser weapons or lower dps in the raid.

noomi

Very cool, PM sent :)

Hmm, will have to try this out, maybe tonight. Love trying new strategies

For this method do you kill ogres after staggering Oryx or before? Looks like before just like NM method.

The 2 floaters kill all the ogres as soon as they spawn, they only last a few seconds with the Touch of Malice last round + Blessing of Light.

It's similar to the default method that was being used, but very consistent if pulled of correctly.

Give it a shot, works pretty great ;)

Just a little tweak for the 'Floaters' that cleared up a major source of frustration for me in the encounter - don't do TOO much damage to the ogres early on. It's not necessary as the individual orb runners have plenty of time to whittle them down. But the real problem is that if they get low they 'enrage' and start wandering around. Which results in ogres randomly standing under the platform lip etc.

Personally I actually like when my ogre wanders over super close but we had several wipes because someone couldn't see their ogre and got confused. For example we had two ogres walk over next to where the relic holder was - great! But one of the runners didn't quite finish off his ogre who then proceeded to punch both of us to death when we jumped down.

Also regarding the knight that spawns on ogre death - if those are a problem you're probably not timing the ogre kills right. You've got plenty of time to detonate safely if you jump off at the very same second you finish the ogre.

I believe you are referring to the strat posted yesterday where you leave ogres alive, we just kill them right as they spawn with the 2 floaters. The 2 floaters then proceed to help kill the knights/vessel and any adds remaining.

There is less margin for error this way, and no need to worry about ogres wandering off to some place where you don't want them. Also much safer for the relic runner to "slam" on the vessel since there aren't any Ogres to worry about.

Do you need a Touch of Malice for HM?

For the time being, yes. It's a big part of why we are able to kill everything so quickly.

Xeyark

Unconfirmed Member
Newbie raid update! (Because I know you&#8217;re all eagerly awaiting hearing about our decent into King&#8217;s Fall). You can read about our first run into the zone here if interested!

Although we lost one member to work/time zone, we were able to pick up a 6th (Hi TJ!) and give Golgoroth a bunch of attempts. Unfortunately, our new 6th had attempted Golgoroth but never beaten him. Thankfully, he was a good sport and let us completely figure out the fight mechanics before suggesting a slight tweak to our strategy. It probably took us around 5-10 tries to figure the whole thing out, and then another 3-4 tries before we downed him. We had the most amazing kill with Golgoroth going down just as his Enrage Timer popped and two of us being murdered by Taken Thralls. I can&#8217;t wait to read how other people were dealing with those things.

The next Jumping Puzzle was a hell of a lot of fun, and a nice break of levity after a stressful Golgoroth run. There is something really funny about watching the first person wander into the room, say out loud &#8220;I wonder what the gimmick in this room is&#8221;, and then get punted across the room by a &#8220;Most Extreme Elimination Challenge&#8221; boxing-glove piston out of the wall. We once again were super-sleuths and discovered the hidden chest (that&#8217;s 2 for 3!) all on our own, and made it through the room with very little trouble.

Next were the Daughters of Oryx, which aside from one little misunderstanding we figured out 95% on our own. We got to the point where we&#8217;d get the shadow person the ball, dunk on a Daughter, and then all switch to DPS but kept wiping over and over. I mean, obviously you&#8217;re supposed to shoot the red glowy one, right? She&#8217;s the one about to kill everyone! How wrong we were. After, oh, 5 or so attempts after we&#8217;d figured everything out but kept losing, we looked at a FAQ and were absolutely dumbfounded you needed to shoot the one not doing anything. That big, red, mean looking one you probably have to stop from singing? Nah, don&#8217;t worry about her, shoot the one that&#8217;s just chilling and minding her own business. Was anyone else thrown by that? It sill doesn&#8217;t make sense to me, but whatever. We switched to Chill-Daugher and actually beat it in two attempts, being angry the entire time we spent that much time dunking the wrong daughter.

Because it was so late, we again took a break and came back Sunday to attempt Mr. Oryx. We beat our heads against him for two hours before we FAQ&#8217;d it (only up to the phase we were in) in order to make sure we were on the right track. We are having horribly problems reliably staggering him and we can&#8217;t seem to figure out why sometime our bombs will hurt him and other times nothing happens. We do almost always get the first stagger, but the second try has failed so far. We&#8217;ve seen what I assume is all his nonsense (bombs, running like idiots from explosions, shadow Oryx, and adds) but just haven&#8217;t been able to pull together that one perfect run. We&#8217;re going to try again tonight from 8 to 9 and hope to beat him, otherwise it&#8217;s a reset and we try again next week! At least in that failure scenario we can get some more gear and get everyone's weapons up closer to 300. Also, we&#8217;ll know all the boss fights and blow through them the second time.

You tell quite a story of our efforts. In reference to your first post...

(except one jerk on the jumping puzzle!)

Don't be mean... I acted appropriately and /grieved for every one of you who fell and drifted out into space. I even cleared out the Hive waiting for us on the other side.

Edit: Also, if we do just reset it will likely be easier later on. I'm one fragment away from being able to go get the Touch of Malice, so that should help with the next run through the raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom